Bruins @ Ducks 1-7-14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins @ Ducks 1-7-14

In response to DrCC's comment:

This was one of those games where I wonder how much of a difference Kelly and Eriksson back in the lineup might have made.  They wouldn't have been on the ice for the goals scored, and you have to think they stop some of the PK woes.

Tough to watch them loose when they do so many things right and control so much of the 5-on-5 play, only to have the few mistakes go all the way wrong.

I went to the game last night and the Bs did actually play really good 5 v 5. It was the worst game that I've seen Reilly Smith play for the Bruins, drug the 2nd line down all night, out of position constantly and a turnover machine but he gets a pass because he has played so well this season. Also Hiller was incredible, I sat real close (BRUINS SHOOT TWICE Legion LoL) and he came up with big save after big save.

I think the Bruins could hang with the Ducks in a 7 game series with the Bs fully healthy but would ultimately get beat because of Anaheim's overall team speed and quickness. Beat the Bruins to loose pucks all game.

"The Bruins have allowed 7 PP goals in 17 PK chances since Dennis Seidenberg went down. That's a 59 percent success rate on the PK."

Chiarelli has to be tossing n turning right now! The penalty kill is abysmal. Tuukka was hung to dry on the powerplay goals and the PK play that Smith coughed up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I went to the game last night and the Bs did actually play really good 5 v 5. It was the worst game that I've seen Reilly Smith play for the Bruins, drug the 2nd line down all night, out of position constantly and a turnover machine but he gets a pass because he has played so well this season. Also Hiller was incredible, I sat real close (BRUINS SHOOT TWICE Legion LoL) and he came up with big save after big save.

I think the Bruins could hang with the Ducks in a 7 game series with the Bs fully healthy but would ultimately get beat because of Anaheim's overall team speed and quickness. Beat the Bruins to loose pucks all game.

Chiarelli has to be tossing n turning right now! The penalty kill is abysmal. Tuukka was hung to dry on the powerplay goals and the PK play that Smith coughed up.

I said before this game that Bruins would be in tough against this team... Even if they had their full roster....I have been so impressed with Boudreau's work since he got there.... They have four lines that can kill you...No enforcers taking up valuable ice time...As you mention speed kills, Cogliano was a steal from the pitiful Oilers....and they have snipers which we don't have...scoring 5 goals on 18 shots... Unreal....

This team right now is odds on favourite to the Cup, not even Chicago gives these guys a run......Hiller is like on a 12 game win streak and providing awesome goaltending even on nights this team is struggling which aren't many, but that is what great goaltenders do, wish Mr. $8M Man could........uh never mind... He is blameless , I keep forgetting...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I said before this game that Bruins would be in tough against this team... Even if they had their full roster....I have been so impressed with Boudreau's work since he got there.... They have four lines that can kill you...No enforcers taking up valuable ice time...As you mention speed kills, Cogliano was a steal from the pitiful Oilers....and they have snipers which we don't have...scoring 5 goals on 18 shots... Unreal....

This team right now is odds on favourite to the Cup, not even Chicago gives these guys a run......Hiller is like on a 12 game win streak and providing awesome goaltending even on nights this team is struggling which aren't many, but that is what great goaltenders do, wish Mr. $8M Man could........uh never mind... He is blameless , I keep forgetting...

Cowboys, i have watched the Ducks alot this year and they are as advertised, very good. I will say one thing though,Hiller has been bailed out on a few occasions as well and has been prone to bad goals at bad times, the difference being the Ducks have helped him out with as you said a very deep lineup. Tuukka can take the heat for this one as i found 2 goals he let in suspect,the other were just good shots or deflections. In a 7 game series with the Ducks though, the B's or whatever team it is will need stellar goaltending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tuukka was hung to dry on the powerplay goals and the PK play that Smith coughed up.

but that is what great goaltenders do, wish Mr. $8M Man could........uh never mind... He is blameless , I keep forgetting...

You're right Rask is blameless, he didn't cause the Bruins getting blown out last night. Anaheim had their way in front of Tuukka during their powerplays.

Tuukka wasn't responsible for putting the Bs on the penalty kill nor is he responsible terrible coverage in front of him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

the score might have been 5-2 but the B's did not get blown out. more like breezed out.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

the score might have been 5-2 but the B's did not get blown out. more like breezed out.

Jerry, when are you heading to Winnipeg for another B's game? Or should i say Mars,haha.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Tuukka was hung to dry on the powerplay goals and the PK play that Smith coughed up.

but that is what great goaltenders do, wish Mr. $8M Man could........uh never mind... He is blameless , I keep forgetting...

You're right Rask is blameless, he didn't cause the Bruins getting blown out last night. Anaheim had their way in front of Tuukka during their powerplays.

Tuukka wasn't responsible for putting the Bs on the penalty kill nor is he responsible terrible coverage in front of him.

San,  This isn't just about one game, it's been a few weeks now...overall his performance in that time frame has been sub-par....team is barely .500 over the past 10 or so games...my comments were on Hillers run, and hoping Rask could take this team on a similar run.... Not neccessarily on just last night's game...Hiller stole the first period for Anaheim, that's what great goalies do....and his team came back to win the game...

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Difference:

1.Ducks Don't Miss.  

2. Bruins must have sailed about 11+ shots wide

3. Rask drops another deuce in the toilet.  3rd time in 4 games.  4.20 GAA and 860 SV% in his    last 100 shots faced.  Ouch.  

He HAS to assume some responsibility in the PK.  They've been getting creamed there lately. 

I know, I'm a Tuukka apologist, but kind of hard to fault him on any of the first 4 goals.

• This post has been removed.

Anaheim is really one of the best teams in the league, if not the best. They have a terrific mix, of grinders, playmakers and goal scorers. If Hiller plays like he did in that first period, those boys are going deep.

• This post has been removed.

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Anaheim is really one of the best teams in the league, if not the best. They have a terrific mix, of grinders, playmakers and goal scorers. If Hiller plays like he did in that first period, those boys are going deep.

A farewell Cup for Teemu.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Jerry, when are you heading to Winnipeg for another B's game? Or should i say Mars,haha.

funny thing is Winnipeg(flight got cancelled) and Montreal(which will change this March)are the only NHL  Canadian cities i have not seen the B's play in.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Kel, imagine if this team still had Bobby Ryan? 

The only thing that hampers this team , just like other teams , is staying healthy...Olympic hangover as well, but Boudreau right now is my coach of the year....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It was Gorton Burke who built that team

(sarcasm)

funny thing is Winnipeg(flight got cancelled) and Montreal(which will change this March)are the only NHL  Canadian cities i have not seen the B's play in.

Oh, i thought you made it last year., i remember you saying you had the tix and everything. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They are loaded with young, quick snipers. One thing they lack is a big grinder on the back end, need that for those long playoff series. Not too mention how stacked with good young goalies in their system.

Oh, i thought you made it last year., i remember you saying you had the tix and everything. 

i ended up going to Winnipeg last April but did not see the B's play.it was either use the plane ticket or lose the money. but it worked out,the Jets beat the Flyers and i got to root for the home team on the road.

i ended up going to Winnipeg last April,it was either use the plane ticket or lose the money. but it worked out,the Jets beat the Flyers and i got to root for the home team on the road.

Ok, so i remembered right,just got the team wrong, you saw the Flyers, thats allright at least you saw a game and some grain elevators!

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

It was Gorton Burke who built that team

(sarcasm)

Very well done BHab.

So now we add Perreault to the list that includes Stafford and Vanek. Anyone else I'm missing? There has to be some former Bruins on the list.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

So now we add Perreault to the list that includes Stafford and Vanek. Anyone else I'm missing? There has to be some former Bruins on the list.

In the regular season, can we add all of the Rangers? Historically those games are dreadful to watch. Last year's playoffs were a pleasant surprise.

Add Gaborik & James ( the Heel) Neal .

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think "Mr Movie Goer" in Montreal can be added. As far as some former Bruin there really isn't one yet, but hopefully those 2 in Dallas don't start a trend. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Thirty years ago, a goaltender with a goals-against average under 3.00 was a rarity. Halfway through this season, six goalies had a GAA of less than 2.00. But most of them weren't the names you'd expect; only Tuukka Rask of the Boston Bruins (1.99) has enjoyed any kind of sustained success in the League.

With these kind of #'s you're entitled to have a rough stretch over a season & be blameless! You wanna take Hiller over Rask in the play-offs? I'll see if Kel, or Shupe can allow you in their evidence room to help you stay on your "out of your fawking mind state"

• Sections
    Shortcuts