Bruins @ Montreal 4/6/13 GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Re: Bruins @ Montreal 4/6/13 GDT

In response to gord11's comment:

Really really bad.  Why were Thornton and Pandolfo and Daugavins even dressed? Claude panicked and shortened his bench about halfway through the First. Panicked

But what worries me more is, did Julien throw together this contingency plan (Peverley moves to #2 and Paille/Campbell/Jagr become #3) on the spot or did he plan for it. I don't know what's worse. 

Over-coaching. Forum Fever. Claude blew it.

Claude blew this game.....

He does not trust Seguin at centre because he's not strong on face-offs and does not trust him with his centreman defensive responsibilities.

So he moves Peverly at centre between Seguin and Marchand and puts Jagr on the third line between Paille and Campbell and sits the fourth line for most of the game.

This gives him three centers that he trusts on face-offs (Peverly, Campbell & Krejci) and his defense first coaching strategy is intact.

This stategy made it a close game, but the outcome proved that he did not have the offense to get the tying goal. Games are won by scoring more goals than the opposition Claude....

If he had kept the second line of Marchand/Seguin/Jagr they are maybe not strong on face-offs and maybe not so strong defensively but it gives a more balanced offensIve team. Also in his defense first game plan, he forgot that he has big wingers that can wear down the oppositions defense with strong forecheck and hitting behind the goal line, he had to take advantage of this size. Montreal was down one defenseman and by hitting and strong board play and forecheck they could have easily generate offense and win this game.

Then with time running out, he suddenly put out there the fourth line...why..... I have no idea what he wanted to accomplish.....he was maybe counting on their fresh legs but they have zero offense in them....

Then on the 6 on 4 powerplay, no one is in Price face and no shots on goal....and the defensemen stayed down low the whole time.....they had to storm the net and create havoc. 

Claude blew this game

P.s.  Why was Wade Redden not playing.....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

So the main idea behind acquiring Jagr was too improve the PP,so what happens the refs don't call even one penalty against the Canadiens until 0:59 left in the game,thats the way to go Refs!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

On a positive note - Bartkowski was only one fight away from a Gordie Howe hat trick after registering a goal and an assist on the 1st Montreal score -

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought last nights gm was one of the best officiated games of the year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Bruins didn't work hard enough to draw penalties.  Montreal played with a lead so they didn't have to dive.  But yes, the refs had a good night...a much better night than the B's!  I hate passionless games between these two teams.  John Kordic is rolling in his grave.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Believe you me, this type of B's/Scabs game is right up Montreal's alley.They'll take a quiet ,passionless victory over an unmotivated B's team 10 times out of 10. They got the win and thats all that matters.I don't think the B's want to give them 8 pp's but they have to show more fight than they brought saturday night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Believe you me, this type of B's/Scabs game is right up Montreal's alley.They'll take a quiet ,passionless victory over an unmotivated B's team 10 times out of 10. They got the win and thats all that matters.I don't think the B's want to give them 8 pp's but they have to show more fight than they brought saturday night.

See for me i have no issue wasting a game and running the heck outta them.  its as if boston forgot they were supposed to hate the habs.  Where is the hate?   Max basically taunted them in the media and is still laughing.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

See for me i have no issue wasting a game and running the heck outta them.  its as if boston forgot they were supposed to hate the habs.  Where is the hate?   Max basically taunted them in the media and is still laughing.  

I agree Shupe 100%, i would rather the B's lose 5-0 and go down swinging than lose 2-1 and go out with a whimper.Thats why i say the Scabs will take a 2-1 snoozefest win 10 times out of 10.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree Shupe 100%, i would rather the B's lose 5-0 and go down swinging than lose 2-1 and go out with a whimper.Thats why i say the Scabs will take a 2-1 snoozefest win 10 times out of 10.

Something has happened to this group.  They were cocky, confident and pushed everyone around.  Im just looking for that hunger again.  I really havent seen even a glimpse this year similar  of the team over the last few yrs.  NAS posted a stat that most our guys not avg a hit a gm.  How is this possible?  it means they arent playing the style they need to win.  Its gotta change.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Something has happened to this group.  They were cocky, confident and pushed everyone around.  Im just looking for that hunger again.  I really havent seen even a glimpse this year similar  of the team over the last few yrs.  NAS posted a stat that most our guys not avg a hit a gm.  How is this possible?  it means they arent playing the style they need to win.  Its gotta change.  

Lucic, Campbell and Thornton are the forwards with at least one hit per game on record.  Everyone else skates away from the opponent when the puck is released.  It used to be that within two seconds of the puck leaving the stick, you were still going to be plastered by a Bruin.  Now?  Curl and retreat or worse, the flyby.

The defense still hits, but the offense has turned into a bunch of Nancyboys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The only time i saw it this year was the 4-1 win over the Caps.Tthe Krejci line had a great game, the B's were physical and Hendricks brought the best out in the Bruins, but thats about it, as has been mentioned, they seem to be coasting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The only time i saw it this year was the 4-1 win over the Caps.Tthe Krejci line had a great game, the B's were physical and Hendricks brought the best out in the Bruins, but thats about it, as has been mentioned, they seem to be coasting.

And we had 3/4 of the posters complaining that horton fought.   we play them again soon.  Sure hope horton doesnt rock someone with a hit score two goals, set up one and pump his team up.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Lucic, Campbell and Thornton are the forwards with at least one hit per game on record.  Everyone else skates away from the opponent when the puck is released.  It used to be that within two seconds of the puck leaving the stick, you were still going to be plastered by a Bruin.  Now?  Curl and retreat or worse, the flyby.

The defense still hits, but the offense has turned into a bunch of Nancyboys.

Agree.  Its a soft bunch at the moment.  Not sure what needs to be done.  Im starting to think a complete wash of all coaches may help.  I didnt comment on that post but agree.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bring in a new coach who has only one golden rule: Hit or sit.

Sections
Shortcuts