Bruins at Rangers 1/23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins at Rangers 1/23

Missing parts of the game as I am trying to get my back yard rink to be smooth ice rather than an iceberg flow that the recent weather left me...

Win lose or draw, things look good to me.  Seguin is getting his timing back and is coming on strong, Hamilton just keeps settling in and getting more comfortable each game and seems to be asserting himself more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Re: Bruins at Rangers 1/23

Great PK, great pressure....the B's giving a good effort....10 min to go !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very impressed with the game Hamilton has played so far. Tuuka has made some very nice stops..Rangers came out flying, as expected, but Bruins have been the better team for the last 2 periods, and by a significant margin.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Nash with a really stupid penalty

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Giving rangers another pp, yikes  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

VERY bad penalty with 3 min to go....ouch...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Lundqvist looks nowhere near as solid as I've seen him in years gone by.

I hate Nash.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Hate Nash too but soooo good!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

What a save by Tukka !!!  Delirious !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

oooohhhh...too bad Ferrence couldn't handle the Kelly's pass...Tukka made another great save but Gabby taping the rebound.

Anyway, 5 points out of 6 after 3 games, two against the Rangers, that's not bad !!!!

Great game for Hamilton...Bourque invisible tonight, therefore....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Take the point and move on.  Nice job battling back after being down 2 goals early, and 1 goal late.  B's dominated for long stretches...bad bounce on the Kelly pass to Ference and Gaborik is off to the races!  Boy did I miss the NHL - that was an entertaining game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

oooohhhh...too bad Ferrence couldn't handle the Kelly's pass...Tukka made another great save but Gabby taping the rebound.

Anyway, 5 points out of 6 after 3 games, two against the Rangers, that's not bad !!!!

Great game for Hamilton...Bourque invisible tonight, therefore....

Agree with all of ^this^ and to answer your question. I think Julien gives Bourque some more games before he gets sends him down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Not a terrible game, at least they were able to snag a point. Liking Hamilton more and more every game.

What do you guys think about Bourque on the PP? ... or in general? Haven't seen a whole lot from him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Not a terrible game, at least they were able to snag a point. Liking Hamilton more and more every game.

What do you guys think about Bourque on the PP? ... or in general? Haven't seen a whole lot from him.

I wish he would wear 77 and maybe play like his father.. I think this is a favour the Bruins are doing and I am afraid it is not going to turn out favourably for the kid.. He has bounced around for a reason.. I would give him maybe 5 more games and then seek out a replacement.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Rask stole a point tonight. Good to see them come back the way they did. Everyone knew the Rangers would come out with a sense of urgency. Overall, pleased to have 5 out of 6 points so far. Like Hang said, take the point and move on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Hamilton has looked really composed and does not look out of place one bit, really like his game, does not seem to get rattled. Looks better at the pro level than he did at the World juniors, imo. Tuukka was very solid, no worries there. Team has looked like they're in mid season form, come to think of it, it is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Hamilton has looked really composed and does not look out of place one bit, really like his game, does not seem to get rattled. Looks better at the pro level than he did at the World juniors, imo. Tuukka was very solid, no worries there. Team has looked like they're in mid season form, come to think of it, it is. 

Hamilton is already the 3rd best D-man in Boston. Rask was definitely solid but I've always felt confident in his abilities. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned much but Lucic was great tonight. The whole line was decent but Milan looked particularly good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Hamilton is already the 3rd best D-man in Boston. Rask was definitely solid but I've always felt confident in his abilities. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned much but Lucic was great tonight. The whole line was decent but Milan looked particularly good.

Spot on Dez, as a matter of fact i think he's looked good from game one, fatherhood agrees with him i guess.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

Hate Nash too but soooo good!

Don't hate him and yes he is. Great skills for a man that size.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Nash is a beast

Hamilton looks great

Seguin avoiding contact at all cost - not good

Marchand, Lucic - effort equaling results

Rangers could be a handful- 1st line wow

Bruins 3rd line...anybody home

B's fought hard, after the wake up

NYR keep blocking that many shots- injuries inevitable

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Great to come out with point when obviously not at their best.

3 goals were result of breakdowns the B's don't normally make defensively.

Goal 1 - what was Chara doing, just allowed for Gaborik to skate in behind him, reminded me of a saety in football biting on a play fake.

Goal 2 - Dougie got gacught out of position, leaving Gaborik all alone on the door step.

Goal 3 - Thornton butchers the puck off the boards, turns it over and gets nailed to the bench.

Goal 4 - Bad bounce, sick hands by Gaborik to bat puck out of the air off of his own rebound.

Seguin wishes he was still on big sheet of ice, but the goals should come shortly.

Rangers had some questionable leg hits last night.

Girardi's throwing himself into the glass was an embarrassment.

Tuukka was solid.  

Miss Seidenberg's steadiness.

Marchand needs to be on one of the PP units.  Great at puck possession and moves his feet.  and has scored 20+ goals in this league the last two years.  If I were him I would be ticked off that Bourque is there.

Johnson is serviceable.

Boychuk was hammering people.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Unfortunately I only got to see bits of the game, but when you consider the position that the NYR were in, that the Bruins got a point is pretty amazing.Being down 0-2 to one of the best goalies, and a very good defensive team, well, I'd call that small victory

If NYR lose, they go 0-3, and for a team that  is considered a clear favourite to win it all, (just after the Bruins) you knew they were coming out for blood. They had a few lucky bounces go their way, but if not the Bruins win a close one. 

The little I saw of Hamilton looked very good. For 3 games in, it is very promising. 

Seguin has not been as effective as I thought he'd be. Since he had played in Europe, and didn't waste any engery on cleaning his room :-), I thought he'd be flying to start the year. He just doesn't seem to have that extra jump to make things happen. 

Sections
Shortcuts