Bruins at Rangers 1/23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: Bruins at Rangers 1/23

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hamilton is already the 3rd best D-man in Boston. Rask was definitely solid but I've always felt confident in his abilities. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned much but Lucic was great tonight. The whole line was decent but Milan looked particularly good.

...except when Nash broke around him and cut back into the slot for a Grade A shot on goal....

Rangers first line is going to be their bread & butter when they get accustomed to each other - they already look great.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Was Horton being targeted with the leg hits? Thought maybe a call on one of them. Ference still a small d man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Hamilton is already the 3rd best D-man in Boston. Rask was definitely solid but I've always felt confident in his abilities. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned much but Lucic was great tonight. The whole line was decent but Milan looked particularly good.

...except when Nash broke around him and cut back into the slot for a Grade A shot on goal....

Rangers first line is going to be their bread & butter when they get accustomed to each other - they already look great.

Nash also does that sort of thing to Norris winning D-men so I don't fault Lucic for getting burned on a play like that. Cold around town lately eh? Good weather overall so far though. Cheers Dave!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Great to come out with point when obviously not at their best.

3 goals were result of breakdowns the B's don't normally make defensively.

Goal 1 - what was Chara doing, just allowed for Gaborik to skate in behind him, reminded me of a saety in football biting on a play fake.

Goal 2 - Dougie got gacught out of position, leaving Gaborik all alone on the door step.

Goal 3 - Thornton butchers the puck off the boards, turns it over and gets nailed to the bench.

Goal 4 - Bad bounce, sick hands by Gaborik to bat puck out of the air off of his own rebound.

Seguin wishes he was still on big sheet of ice, but the goals should come shortly.

Rangers had some questionable leg hits last night.

Girardi's throwing himself into the glass was an embarrassment.

Tuukka was solid.  

Miss Seidenberg's steadiness.

Marchand needs to be on one of the PP units.  Great at puck possession and moves his feet.  and has scored 20+ goals in this league the last two years.  If I were him I would be ticked off that Bourque is there.

Johnson is serviceable.

Boychuk was hammering people.

My scout pal texted me from the game to say that he and the other scouts thought the same thing. He said Girardi's pose looked like Spider Man trying to scale a building.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Great to come out with point when obviously not at their best.

3 goals were result of breakdowns the B's don't normally make defensively.

Goal 1 - what was Chara doing, just allowed for Gaborik to skate in behind him, reminded me of a saety in football biting on a play fake.

Goal 2 - Dougie got gacught out of position, leaving Gaborik all alone on the door step.

Goal 3 - Thornton butchers the puck off the boards, turns it over and gets nailed to the bench.

Goal 4 - Bad bounce, sick hands by Gaborik to bat puck out of the air off of his own rebound.

Seguin wishes he was still on big sheet of ice, but the goals should come shortly.

Rangers had some questionable leg hits last night.

Girardi's throwing himself into the glass was an embarrassment.

Tuukka was solid.  

Miss Seidenberg's steadiness.

Marchand needs to be on one of the PP units.  Great at puck possession and moves his feet.  and has scored 20+ goals in this league the last two years.  If I were him I would be ticked off that Bourque is there.

Johnson is serviceable.

Boychuk was hammering people.

My scout pal texted me from the game to say that he and the other scouts thought the same thing. He said Girardi's pose looked like Spider Man trying to scale a building.

Shanny should be able to reveiw some of these and put these guys on a diving list and start to fine them, as the NBA is doing with the floppers.  

Sections
Shortcuts