Bruins@Red Wings Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Bruins@Red Wings Game 3

BRUINS at RED WINGS
    (Best-of-7 series tied 1-1)
    TV: NBCSN, TSN2
    Big story: The Detroit Red Wings accomplished what they wanted. The Eastern Conference's second wild card earned a split on the road to open this first-round series against the Boston Bruins, the Presidents' Trophy winners. The Red Wings were unable to hold down the Bruins for two straight games, as Boston bounced back from a shutout loss in Game 1 with a 4-1 win in Game 2. The two games couldn't have been more different in terms of the team that set the tone throughout, and that will be a focal point again in pivotal Game 3.
    Team Scope:
    Bruins: Boston has lost its last four visits to Joe Louis Arena, including two this season. The Bruins haven't won at The Joe since March 11, 2007. In bouncing back for their Game 2 victory, the Bruins set the physical tone early with some big hits from defenseman Kevan Miller and forward Milan Lucic. Physicality and defense typically leads to more scoring chances for the Bruins, and that was the case in Game 2. Now they have to apply those aspects of the game to earn a road victory.
    "When you play one game, I don't think it speaks much about the series. We have to go in there and make sure we continue to do those things well," Bruins defenseman Torey Krug said. "I don't think we can say we are comfortable. I think we understand what it takes to beat these guys, and I think if we play like that we will have success this series."
    With two goals allowed through two games, the Bruins are obviously doing the right things defensively. They need to keep their defensive play consistent and continue to provide goaltender Tuukka Rask and the defense with just enough offense in order to gain a lead in this series.
    Red Wings: Detroit coach Mike Babcock liked his team's start in Game 2, but he was disappointed with how the Red Wings played over the last two periods. Most of all, he was frustrated with how his players allowed the Bruins to distract them from the game during post-whistle scrums. Goaltender Jimmy Howard was also disenchanted with his teammates' decision-making in that realm.
    "I think we got to stay out of the [nonsense] out there and just play whistle to whistle, and not worry about getting into the scrums or anything like that and proving your manhood out there," Howard said. "Just skate, play our hockey, don't get into their [mode] and get into their scraps playing real physical. Just get back to playing our game."
    In addition to staying away from the extracurricular activities, the Red Wings will need to get star forward Pavel Datsyuk free from the matchup with Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara. Being on home ice should make that easier for Detroit with the second change.
    Who's hot: Rask has stopped 57 of 59 shots in the series for the Bruins, a .966 save percentage. … Red Wings forward Luke Glendening scored his second career NHL goal and his first in the playoffs for their lone Game 2 tally.
    Injury report: Boston forward Daniel Paille (head) and defenseman Matt Bartkowski (illness) skated with some teammates during an optional practice Monday. Forward Chris Kelly (back) did not. All are scheduled to travel to Detroit. … Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg (back) and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (hand) remain out for this series

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Re: Bruins@Red Wings Game 3

No Alfredson tonight. – should weaken their PK . Bart may be game time decision tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

FWIW, Julien said that Bartkowski will skate in warmups and Miller will play.

Seidenberg and McQuaid skated in the morning skate but no Paille or Kelly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even it Bart was healthy, I don't know if he's an improvement over Mezaros.

Is McQuaid even close? Did Seids get injected with HGH in his joint?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejacks. Show ejacks's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe if Bart isn't 100% healthy, but I'd take a fully healthy Bart over Mezaros at this point.  Not that Mezaros hasn't done well, or that Bart hasn't had his brain farts, but I think he brings more to the table, overall.  But it is close enough that if there is any doubt of Bart being 100%, I expect they'll go with Mezaros, and I have no problem with that.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McQuaid is not close. currently non contact skating drills.

They will not force Seids. Time table is June. Can't see them putting him in at that stage of playoff play.

I think Bart will replace Mez when ready...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I haven't been impressed with Meszaros so far.  I would take Bart over him.  I'm not sure how far along McQuaid is but I would like him back to replace Potter.

Seids is a grinder and Claude said something along the lines of his training being harder than anybody that he's seen.  I wouldn't expect him back until the SCF, if at all.  Just sharing some info that I read

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I haven't been impressed with Meszaros so far.  I would take Bart over him.  I'm not sure how far along McQuaid is but I would like him back to replace Potter.

Seids is a grinder and Claude said something along the lines of his training being harder than anybody that he's seen.  I wouldn't expect him back until the SCF, if at all.  Just sharing some info that I read

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, to replace Potter as the 7th guy, Miller and Mezaros are higher up the depth chart than Potter, Potter is your 8th D man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks like the Wings are going to make an effort to avoid the scrums and all that other stuff and just play their game. Doesn't matter, as long as the B's don't change their game they will be fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm going to enjoy this.  I'm going to decide which beer to drink and what food to eat and thoroughly enjoy this game.  

Who has more fun than us?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Finally can post! Have been checking in all day and it wouldn't give me a box to post in,couldn't reply either,seems to be day to day here now.At any rate Go B's!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This is going to be awesome... GO BRUINS!

Would be nice to know that Kelly and Paille are at least skating... this wall of secrets surrounding injuries is maddening!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Lets go Boys!!! Huge game 3. Bruins 13-1 under Julien in game 3s.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Bartkowski is in, Meszaros out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

They don't call interference anymore?  I don't get it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Looks like Tampa folded the cards already

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Millers a strong dude, wow lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I thought having Alf out of the lineup might have been an advantage for Boston... but now I'm thinking it just makes Detroit faster!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Good start...3 or 4 legit interference calls missed already...if the refs get wise to that, Detroit is toast.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Campbell with a blind cross ice past -- turns into a too many men against Wings. Then score on the PP. Maybe this is a good omen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

wow! Hamilton makes a bad stretch pass but then a beauty of a move and a bullet goal!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Dougie! Kronwall extends the go-go-gadget leg to break up Marchand...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Hamilton on fire so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

There's blood in the water now, boys...Bruins feeling it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Whoa... didn't catch the number of the Wing who took a run at Marchand (but he wasn't goin' for the puck!)

Sections
Shortcuts