BRUINS @ RED WINGS Game 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: BRUINS @ RED WINGS Game 4

Just a clinic in forechecking, backchecking an dgoaltending (Rask AND Gustafsson) tonight.
    The Bruins persistence while in the Detroit zone was a joy to behold.

Hamilton gets better every game and Krug looks like a veteran playing like a bigger man.

Fun team to watch...good to see Iginla get one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:[QUOTE]

Hamilton and Soderberg owned the Red Wings tonight! [/QUOTE]

i thought Krug was awesome tonight too San  [/QUOTE]

Yep played well.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

san how big was that save on abdelkater at the start of the overtime cause from there on it was all bruins!

[/QUOTE]

Really -- paint me stupid. When I saw that breakaway develop -- I was reaching for the remote. Rask is a total mutant.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow do the Red Wings like to hold sticks.

Hold all the sticks you want, your not as good as the Boston Bruins.

Suck on that SoxFan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Soxfan had one post when his Wings were up 2-1 heading in the third.  We won't hear from him again for at least two days.  But his wife's the Wings fan.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Suck on that SoxFan.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement

Kel who do think Detroit goes with between the pipes say if Howard is over the "flu". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Win game 4 in OT in the other team's barn to go up 3-1 in the series....

That's exactly what happened last year, except the other is team in red this year instead of blue.

Let's hope that is where the similarity ends. Let's win on home ice in 5 instead of 7, please.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Great, great game. Weathered the storm, stayed calm and focused, and slowly bent the Wings to their will. Dominance in the 3rd and OT....starting to think my prediction of Bruins in 6 was wrong. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Unreal !  Even carrying some dead load the BRUINS keep winning....wow

bring on the scabs ...they're flying high in Montreal they're already calling for the cup since they beat TB (without Bishop) 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

There is a dead load here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bring on the scabs ...they're flying high in Montreal they're already calling for the cup since they beat TB (without Bishop) 

I can just imagine!! How can you live there?.... I think all playoff team would have swept TB without BB.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Suck on that SoxFan.

[/QUOTE]

Wish you would've waited before you said this. 4 wins to win a series! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Soderberg has been unreal.  He's so crafty and aware on the ice.  He's my second start tonight, only behind Rask.

Let's finish this in 5 boys!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Suck on that SoxFan.

[/QUOTE]

Wish you would've waited before you said this. 4 wins to win a series! 

[/QUOTE]

Kels not saying anything other than the Wings like to hold sticks and their not as good as the B's,both true statements,hopefully the Bruins take care of the rest on Saturday.Go B's!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened last year, except the other is team in red this year instead of blue.

Let's hope that is where the similarity ends. Let's win on home ice in 5 instead of 7, please.

[/QUOTE]

I just don't see it.  The Leafs caught the Bs (and the league) by surprise last year.  To their credit they were good and I even picked them to upset the Bs. But that Game 7 turned this team into a beast that hasn't looked back since.

Right now, I see a Detroit team that made its best adjustment tonight (aka played faster, stretched the ice, had Zetterberg) and was still flattened by the 3rd.  Bs could have made this 6-2 with all the open net misses….

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I can just imagine!! How can you live there?.... I think all playoff team would have swept TB without BB.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not exactly what I hear all day long all week long here people calling on radio saying nobody will stop them, saying Price is the best goalie in the world, oh and by the way they are now imitating the Flyers with their french version of Kathe Smith ...her name : Ginette Reno she sang the O Canada twice and they are 2/2 when she sings, now they say they cant lose when she sings.....believe me, they really drive me nuts.....and since they won 3 out of 4 against the BRUINS they truly believe tge will win the next series

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wheat, I just read this on NHL.com's recap of last night:

The Bruins also took a 3-1 series lead against Toronto last year by winning Game 4 in overtime on the road. The Maple Leafs won the next two games and had a 4-1 lead in the third period of Game 7 before Boston scored four unanswered goals for an unforgettable, series-clinching victory.

Even that bland, lifeless description of that game 7 makes my blood vessels dilate.  Man...that was something.  Almost as thrilling as the whole third period of the Cup winning game, which was a long bleed given the result was pretty much in the bag.

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

oh and by the way they are now imitating the Flyers with their french version of Kathe Smith ...her name : Ginette Reno she sang the O Canada twice and they are 2/2 when she sings, now they say they cant lose when she sings.....believe me, they really drive me nuts.....and since they won 3 out of 4 against the BRUINS they truly believe tge will win the next series

[/QUOTE]

ing around in their jerseys asking "what's taking the Bruins so long!  We're waiting!"  I said yeah, I have to admit I'm a bit concerned that they're getting some extra practice time in with special coach Alex Despatie (that French for Greg Lougainis).  Their comeback was "Marchand, Marchand, Marchand, Marchand, Marchand, Marchand, Marchand, Marchand, Marchand...".  Of course, they didn't deny that their team is a bunch of divers, just pointed at Marchand and said "HE DIVES!".

Yes.  Marchand dives.  He's a dirtbag.  What else ya got?

"We have 24 Cups!"  Yeah, you guys much have just loved watching Joe Malone and Newsy Lalonde and George Vezina.  Did you save your ticket stubs?

21 and counting is the better number.

[object HTMLDivElement]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

We have seen the best the Wings have to offer. Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Abdelkader make a dangerous line and Bertuzzi is good in front of the net. Why Babcock wasn’t using him before now is strange. They came out strong, could have been 3-0 after 1 but Rask is playing perfect goal.
    If he sees it he stops it is very true. Both goals he did not see the puck to no fault of his own. Perfect screen shot and a loopy ricochet off a stick to lose track of it. Then after 1 we slowly began to take over.
    Marchand forgot to have his weaties before this game. Everything he did was off. I think he spent more time falling then skating. He had two gift goals and overshot both badly. It’s a good thing we pulled it for him.
    Soderberg, Luch was great out there. Hamilton is giving us a glimpse of what he is going to become on a day to day bases.
    Now let’s take this show back home and close these guys out. I hope Marshy gets a hatrick Saturday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

san how big was that save on abdelkater at the start of the overtime cause from there on it was all bruins!

A beauty...In Tuukka I trust had that pest the whole way up the ice. No way was Rask letting that one in. Only thing getting by Rask now are re-directions.

"Bertuzzi is good in front of the net. Why Babcock wasn’t using him before now is strange."

Wondered about that myself. Too late now!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bruins in 5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

now that the euphoria has worn off, here's hoping that the little ball of hate finds a pair of skates and a few sticks that work for the next game....  he either was missing wide open nets or passing for a human zamboni....  still, can't question his effort level....

as for Tuukka, once again earned every penny he's getting....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's amazing the comments I read and not just here on BDC ;  What's wrong with the Bruins ?  They won't win this game playing like this ? If they want to win this series they have to be much better than this ? and so on ... it's only the 1st period !!

There's 2 teams on the ice and it's normal that any team can dominate in the 1st period. We've seen this in the regular season (In Chicago, in Philly , in NY Rangers) what I haven't seen is a team do that in 1st,2nd and 3rd , let alone for 2 periods !  

This is not the Joe Thornton era, I can just sit back , enjoy the Bruins play and know they can come back being down or at least make a game out of it.  I have total confidence in this team.  Even if they don't win tomorrow to eliminate the Wings I know the Bruins will still win this series.

Rest ? I like the fact that they don't sit waiting for too long and stay sharp.  This Bruins team is a machine !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rest ? I like the fact that they don't sit waiting for too long and stay sharp.  This Bruins team is a machine !

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I think the long rest is what caused them to lose game 1.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's amazing the comments I read and not just here on BDC ;  What's wrong with the Bruins ?  They won't win this game playing like this ? If they want to win this series they have to be much better than this ? and so on ... it's only the 1st period !!

There's 2 teams on the ice and it's normal that any team can dominate in the 1st period. We've seen this in the regular season (In Chicago, in Philly , in NY Rangers) what I haven't seen is a team do that in 1st,2nd and 3rd , let alone for 2 periods !  

This is not the Joe Thornton era, I can just sit back , enjoy the Bruins play and know they can come back being down or at least make a game out of it.  I have total confidence in this team.  Even if they don't win tomorrow to eliminate the Wings I know the Bruins will still win this series.

[/QUOTE]

This is so true about this B's teams than others from the past,i remember watching them and when they got down 2 goals you might as well mail in the loss,a comeback was very,very rare.Last night,other than the usual tension of a SC playoff game i wasn't overly concerned about a 2 gl deficit,i just knew they had it in them to make it a game.I said to my son that even if they go into the third period down 2-0 that they have lots of time to tie it up.Krug scores and now its like i knew they would tie it up in the third.The B's are relentless and never deviate from the plan,it doesn't mean they will win every game but it sure gives them a chance to.This team is for real and a treat to watch,enjoy them Bruins fans because they are good,real good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

Not exactly what I hear all day long all week long here people calling on radio saying nobody will stop them, saying Price is the best goalie in the world, oh and by the way they are now imitating the Flyers with their french version of Kathe Smith ...her name : Ginette Reno she sang the O Canada twice and they are 2/2 when she sings, now they say they cant lose when she sings.....believe me, they really drive me nuts.....and since they won 3 out of 4 against the BRUINS they truly believe tge will win the next series

[/QUOTE]

You gave up your right to cheer for the B's already Stanley. Just be quiet, or at the very least admit you were wrong and own up to the fact you were rooting against them.

Sections
Shortcuts