Bruins @ Sabers 2/26 GDT

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Bruins @ Sabers 2/26 GDT

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

How the f....do the BRUINS give 5 goals to the Sabres ??

go ahead CJ keep the f.....turtle in the line up 

We know -- and the fact that he was on the ice for all 5 goals totally proves your point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

It's all over -- Can't put the blame on any one guy. Just unnecessary breakdowns. Just take the point and move on.

5 goals on 26 shots! Yes you can blame one guy! Johnson was garbage tonite!

Certainly not the guy we saw pre-Sochi but the guys in front of him didn't seem to step up when it counted. A few were calling for Svedberg to come in after the 3rd goal. In hindsight -- may have been a good idea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Ott was the best player tonight

The guy you love to hate on the other team but he is one tough and relentless competitor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Hey, it's only the first game back.

Boychuk and Bartkowski had a rough game.

Eriksson and Chara still on Sochi time.

Otherwise, fairly good effort.

You da man Wheats!! Go B's!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

How the f....do the BRUINS give 5 goals to the Sabres ??

go ahead CJ keep the f.....turtle in the line up 

We know -- and the fact that he was on the ice for all 5 goals totally proves your point.

You dont have to be an expert to see that we could use a guy like Johnson or Spooner or Fraser that would make our 4th line so much better ....what is it with CJ or PC or even Cam Neely that they see in ST to keep him in the line up ???  Please someone tell me .....seriously I dont even see ST making the team in Providence ...????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

5 wins from now this OT loss will be long forgotten, bring on the Caps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Have to agree with NOB on this one. They didn't get any timely saves from Johnson. I didn't like any of the 5 goals that went by him. Goaltending cost them a point in this game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

after a game like this PC might be looking to add more than just one d-man....

Tuukka or not, no way B'S can compete against the elite with the current d-corps....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Tuukka or not, no way B'S can compete against the elite with the current d-corps....

I don't agree that we can't compete with the elite, but losing physical battles in our own end has burned this team too many times for my liking (not an easy fix though since some would argue Krug has single-handedly made our PP respectable and Bart is eating big minutes.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Having not played in 3 weeks,i think a major chill out should be in order.Both teams looked very rusty,especially Ochocinco,B's got a point,time to move on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

THis is a bit extreme! I think they can compete fine & they should've won this game easily 4-2. This loss is pinned on Johnson. Not once did he bail his team out. If the puck didn't hit him it was in the net Worse of it is. 4 of the 5 goals hit him before they went in. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

THis is a bit extreme!

Hilarious after all your posts on this thread. I just laughed so hard.

Thank you Nite!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

As rusty as the D was, this one's on Chad-hole.  He sputtered on 4 goals.  You need your goalie to make a big stop or 2 or 3 - that's his job when it comes down to it.    

Ironically, the Bs could have put 6 on Enroth, but he actually came up big at least 2X (Kelly's breakaway was one and stuffing Ericksson was another), and that's all that was needed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I was at the game tonight and the Bruins goaltending and defense were terrible.  I know it was the first game after the Olympics so we should cut them some slack.  Hamilton and Miller weren't bad.  The rest of the D were horrible.  Chara scored a goal but after the Bruins allow him to miss two games to carry the flag he returns with this performance!!  That play in OT should never happen from your captain and a player of Z's calibre.  It is however one game so as someone said take the point and move on.  Bergy as usual picked up where he left off - he is so good and so consistent.  Marchand, Kelly and Soderberg were good too.  Smith wasn't bad.  Lucic, DK and Iggy were a little good, a little bad.  A sloppy but fun game to be at other than the last minute of the game and OT.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Hey, they got a point, they got a game under them after the olympics & John Scott was burnt crispy! other then that not so good. Im not going to blame Johnson for the whole debacle, but if Rask got hurt I believe Johnson would be back up for Svedberg.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

Marchand, Kelly and Soderberg were good too.

Finally !

Went through the whole thread before seeing any mention of Kelly's play last night.

I thought his play was very good.

Sandog ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamilton and Miller weren't bad.  The rest of the D were horrible. 

And this is what I saw also. In my opinion the main reason for the loss. The D's coverage was very loose in their own end. 

A lot of watching the puck .............and no awareness of who was around the net on some of the goals.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

2 hits in the 1st period

Jumped up to 6 in the 2nd

You don't compete

END OF STORY

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

We played good enough to win. Buffalo was a good first game back to get us going. Our 3rd line rocked. Erickson is looking better all the time. Our First line didn't have their back legs and Johnson was suspect for sure. I'll take the good. We will be much better next game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

THis is a bit extreme!

Hilarious after all your posts on this thread. I just laughed so hard.

Thank you Nite!

I'm talking about one game where the goalie shh it the bed. This was talking about the team as a whole. They're still the best team in the Eastern Conference when Johnson can stop the puck! They're the best team in the league when they have Rask in the net! 

•  
  • This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

CHowda right on about Defense, even the Captain. But some of the non-Olympians looked like they [ Iginla,looch] were still asleep. The refs were a bit biased, especially when Myers should have been gone along with Marchand. Johnson was too loose, but little help from his D. lines 2 & 3 , with the exception of softie Eriksson, played well, but 4 & 1 were very inconsistent.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Marchand, Kelly and Soderberg were good too.

Finally !

Went through the whole thread before seeing any mention of Kelly's play last night.

I thought his play was very good.

Sandog ?

I thought Kelly was the Bruins best player all night. When he plays like this, he is invaluable.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ejacks. Show ejacks's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Hamilton and Miller weren't bad.  The rest of the D were horrible. 

And this is what I saw also. In my opinion the main reason for the loss. The D's coverage was very loose in their own end. 

A lot of watching the puck .............and no awareness of who was around the net on some of the goals.

Except on the Flynn goal, when Miller backed up almost into Johnson's lap, leaving a gaping hole in the slot.  Flynn had time to tip the puck, re-gain control, and shoot - all from middle of the slot.  I've been pretty impressed with Miller overall, and otherwise he wasn't bad last night.  But he really needed to step up there - that's D-man 101. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts