1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Bruins beat Blackhawks because....

The same reasons used for the Penguins. + Tuukka Rask

Bruins Beat Penguins Because....

posted at 5/27/2013 6:02 PM EDT

• Don-Bruino
    • First: 3/21/2013
    • Last: 6/10/2013

The Bruins will hit, swarm, grind and exhaust the Penguins.

Penguins will be unrecognizable after game 3 of the series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Bruins beat Blackhawks because....

I think the B's and Hawks are very close in overall talent, toughness, and goal scoring ability.  This series comes down to goaltending.  It's Rask vs. Crawford - the series will be won or lost between the pipes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

The Blackhawks dont want to face the wrath of Don-Bruinio and hand the series to the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I think the B's and Hawks are very close in overall talent, toughness, and goal scoring ability.  This series comes down to goaltending.  It's Rask vs. Crawford - the series will be won or lost between the pipes.

In the NHL.com poll of 9 writers, Rask is the current pick for the Conn Smythe. He's certainly been as good as we could have expected so far. He's now 4-1 in best of 7's. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In the NHL.com poll of 9 writers, Rask is the current pick for the Conn Smythe. He's certainly been as good as we could have expected so far. He's now 4-1 in best of 7's. 

I love how Tuukka carries himself - nothing phases him.  His quiet, efficient style is a joy to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If Jonathan Toews nearly blew a nut because of the way the Redwings handled him, he'll absolutely explode when the B's are done with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

I love how Tuukka carries himself - nothing phases him.  His quiet, efficient style is a joy to watch.

[/QUOTE]

His career regular season numbers are outstanding and his playoff numbers are even better. Rask is 19-10 in 29 career playoff games with a 2.13gaa and a 930sp. Those numbers are outstanding. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

His career regular season numbers are outstanding and his playoff numbers are even better. Rask is 19-10 in 29 career playoff games with a 2.13gaa and a 930sp. Those numbers are outstanding. 

No question dez...just think, if the B's had lost game 7 to Toronto, he would be 11-11!  Because they won, he just got a big raise but more importantly, has a shot at a Cup...I'll take it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...the Bruins are great at neutralizing and frustrating the opposing team's best players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment

No question dez...just think, if the B's had lost game 7 to Toronto, he would be 11-11!  Because they won, he just got a big raise but more importantly, has a shot at a Cup...I'll take it!

I bet PC is unlikely to bring that up during negotiations. You're right though. Rask just added millions extra onto his deal with the way he's played the last 2 rounds. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I bet PC is unlikely to bring that up during negotiations. You're right though. Rask just added millions extra onto his deal with the way he's played the last 2 rounds. 

[/QUOTE]

True that...and I did my math wrong, he would be 10-11.  Carey Price territory there!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

True that...and I did my math wrong, he would be 10-11.  Carey Price territory there!!!

[/QUOTE]

Actually would've been 10-10 because he was 7-6 going in. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yeah, but what's his closeout game record, you know that stupid stat that everybody was bringing up in the Leafs series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, but what's his closeout game record, you know that stupid stat that everybody was bringing up in the Leafs series.

[/QUOTE]

I laugh at how many people failed to notice the high number of close out games he's played in. There's only one way to get to a close out game and that's to win 3 out of 7. He's lost one series ever but to hear some people describe it, he crapped the bed and  was solely responsible for the loss. The guy is fantastic and he's about to get rich.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

When they play the way they are playing right now, they are the best team in the NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Last night the Hawks couldn't handle the pounding as the game wore on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Team play and managing the bench. Have to add in Claude's gut feel to put Kelly/Seguin/Paille together to create an effective third line and minimize fourth line TOI. Using Peverly on faceoffs also fresh legs in those tight scrums.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

If Jonathan Toews nearly blew a nut because of the way the Redwings handled him, he'll absolutely explode when the B's are done with him.

LOL  YEAH ! Did you see when he wouldn;t move or stop to let Lucic pass when both were going to the bench ???? !!!! watch out Toews , freight train !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Team play and managing the bench. Have to add in Claude's gut feel to put Kelly/Seguin/Paille together to create an effective third line and minimize fourth line TOI. Using Peverly on faceoffs also fresh legs in those tight scrums.

when he does change things around they usually work,  good call.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Last night the Hawks couldn't handle the pounding as the game wore on.

I told my borther last night in the 1st, Chicago cannot play like this for 60mins , low and behold they got gassed " again " ! 2nd half of the games both belonged to the Bruins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

LOL  YEAH ! Did you see when he wouldn;t move or stop to let Lucic pass when both were going to the bench ???? !!!! watch out Toews , freight train !

Down goes Toews !!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and to think a lot of people wanted Lucic traded late in the season.... Don't even think that...

Sections
Shortcuts