6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Bruins Beat Penguins Because....

rask

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and lastly, because of julien- he's the rudder that steers the ship. there wheats, i believe there are now just as many posts on this thread as the other blasphemous one. call me a homer. i watched this team make history 2 years ago, and 2 weeks ago, call me a fool for thinking they'll do the unthinkable again. GO BRUINS!! i'm guessing the next 2 posts will read... homer and fool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

it's not blasphemy - it's rational =- there are reasons that both teams can win. What's wrong with discussing both possibilities and what would need to occur?

Don't be so dramatic.
    You're no fool, but I for one like dispassionate analysis of what could potentially happen in a series, which is what both of these threads are for, not just spamming with players names.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

and lastly, because of julien- he's the rudder that steers the ship. there wheats, i believe there are now just as many posts on this thread as the other blasphemous one. call me a homer. i watched this team make history 2 years ago, and 2 weeks ago, call me a fool for thinking they'll do the unthinkable again. GO BRUINS!! i'm guessing the next 2 posts will read... homer and fool.

We have a freakin' week between games after they seemingly played two games a day for 10 years.  "Go Bruins" will be come quite a boring subject quickly.  Nothing wrong with promoting objective analysis.

It's not "The B's are F'ed because..."

Breathe.

And Go BRUINS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

it's not blasphemy - it's rational =- there are reasons that both teams can win. What's wrong with discussing both possibilities and what would need to occur?

Don't be so dramatic.
    You're no fool, but I for one like dispassionate analysis of what could potentially happen in a series, which is what both of these threads are for, not just spamming with players names.

what the heck is spamming? the question was "bruins beat penguins because..." and i gave 20 reasons- and they play for the BOSTON BRUINS. for that i won't apologize. i'm shocked that so many people are "just happy to be here". horrible attitude to have. if the favorite won every sporting event, there would be no reason to play the game- hear what i'm sayin'?  the series is 0-0, and the puck has yet to be dropped for these two teams. people make it sound like the bruins are starting the series with a bunch of bums and are 2 games in the hole. it's playoff hockey, the bruins are in the conf finals, it's time to feel good and support the team. NOW'S the time to put the pedal to the metal if you're a fan, not pull back the reigns. this all harkens back to people needing that "defense mechanism"- as to not feel so bad IF they lose. BOW DOWN TO NOBODY. GO BRUINS!!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We're not - you are completely missing the point of the discussions we are trying to have. I firmly believe the Bruins will win, (My gut says in 5) but I'm not ignorant enough to not realize there's a possibility they won't (and yes it was spamming because you could have put all those names in one post and you yourself said you wanted this thread to be longer than the other one).

So since it is a possibility, why not look and analyze how those possibilities could play out?

It's not negative, it's not a horrible attitude, it's not saying there's no reason to not play the game, and no ione is saying the Pens WILL win.

We're discussing how they COULD win.

If you don't want to consider the possibilities or analyze possible scenarios, that's perfectly fine. But some of us who are just as diehard as you would like to talk some hockey and look at how the match-ups and play on the ice may manifest itself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Chara will shut down Crosby's line, Marchand will rat Malkin off his game, Seguin and the third line will start scoring, the 4rth line will do it's thing and Rask will outplay whoever plays in net for Pitts.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

.....the nhl.com hockey heads unanimously pick the Penguins.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=672233&navid=nhl:topheads

They are going strictly on stats - big mistake.

Past performance is not a guarantee for future performance. It's just a tool to separate fools from their money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to NHLOA's comment:

In response to mattbs' comment:

Chara will shut down Crosby's line, Marchand will rat Malkin off his game, Seguin and the third line will start scoring, the 4rth line will do it's thing and Rask will outplay whoever plays in net for Pitts.

and most importantly, the NHLOA will babysit the B's as per the usual since #11 arrived.

NHLOA RULE BABY (fixin playoffs since 1994)

Hey, NHLOA, Null, A**hole, whatever else you brand yourself. Have a few of the new Canadian Wheat.

http://www.thebeerstore.ca/sites/default/files/styles/brand_medium/public/brand/hero/13655%20CDNWHEAT%20PRODUCT%20TBS%20SIGN%20322x344.jpg

Be careful not to choke, but if you can manage to drown in it - that would be s'well. Just kidding. Maybe not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

We're not - you are completely missing the point of the discussions we are trying to have. I firmly believe the Bruins will win, (My gut says in 5) but I'm not ignorant enough to not realize there's a possibility they won't (and yes it was spamming because you could have put all those names in one post and you yourself said you wanted this thread to be longer than the other one).

So since it is a possibility, why not look and analyze how those possibilities could play out?

It's not negative, it's not a horrible attitude, it's not saying there's no reason to not play the game, and no ione is saying the Pens WILL win.

We're discussing how they COULD win.

If you don't want to consider the possibilities or analyze possible scenarios, that's perfectly fine. But some of us who are just as diehard as you would like to talk some hockey and look at how the match-ups and play on the ice may manifest itself.

awesome... 3 more days of "possibilities". why not address the fact that you and other posters are "just happy the bruins are here"? these next two series are what history is made of. win another cup, and this team we are all "supporting"- will be looked at as one of the best bruins teams ever assembled. all this possibilities talk reminds me of trade talks on this board. everyone thinks THEY know what's going to happen, only to find out NOBODY was even close. possibilities? let's look at them. please educate me on how each will happen- bruins in 4, bruins in 5, bruins in 6, bruins in 7, pens in 4, pens in 5, pens in 6, pens in 7. i want a detailed report- who scores, when, where. it was so much fun talking about the make believe! lot's of things COULD happen, at what point is it pointless? btw, i never said i wasn't spamming- i said WHAT IS SPAMMING? the ONLY time spent in my life at a computer is right here talking to you a(have never owned a computer- never will)l. forgive me for not being in the know.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

why not address the fact that you and other posters are "just happy the bruins are here"?

I'm thrilled they're in the ECF.  It sure will be great if they win, and then I'll be thrilled they are in the SCF.  It sure will be great if they win that, also.

But if they lose, which I hope they don't yet have no control over whatsoever, it's been a really fun season and a really great playoffs so far.

I'm happy that they've gotten this far.

What's wrong with that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

why not address the fact that you and other posters are "just happy the bruins are here"?

I'm thrilled they're in the ECF.  It sure will be great if they win, and then I'll be thrilled they are in the SCF.  It sure will be great if they win that, also.

But if they lose, which I hope they don't yet have no control over whatsoever, it's been a really fun season and a really great playoffs so far.

I'm happy that they've gotten this far.

What's wrong with that?

Doesn't feel like a lockout shortened season does it? I was worried it may not be the same. haven't thought about it until I saw this post. What a great season it has been.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok spamming is posting a whole bunch of posts in a row.

And adk, I can guarantee you that these two questions - "How could the Bruins win this series and what will it take?" and "How could the Penguins win this series and what will it take?" are being asked and analyzed by both Julien and Bylsma right now - our analysis may not play out as we think, and neither may Julien's and Bylsma. But as a fan I find it an interesting and worthwhile endeavour, and for Julien and Bylsma it is an absolue necessity.

And I'm not just happy they're here - I want them to win. But there';s a difference between wanting them to win and thinking they will win (which I do) and being certain they will win.

No one, not the coaches even, can give a detailed report - but these teams have distinct styles, strengths and weaknesses. What on earth is wrong with talking about those differences?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

...It is the first time all season that both of the top lines, and the powerplay, are all playing well at the same time.  This will lead to goals scored

Chara , Seidenberg, and Rask  will help keep goals against in check.

When you are scoring goals and containing opposing goals, you generally win.

Not saying it will go this way, just saying I can see it going this way.

And if that doesnt work, bully, bully, bully.  Make Sid scared to go into the corners/crease. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

awesome... 3 more days of "possibilities". why not address the fact that you and other posters are "just happy the bruins are here"? these next two series are what history is made of. win another cup, and this team we are all "supporting"- will be looked at as one of the best bruins teams ever assembled. all this possibilities talk reminds me of trade talks on this board. everyone thinks THEY know what's going to happen, only to find out NOBODY was even close. possibilities? let's look at them. please educate me on how each will happen- bruins in 4, bruins in 5, bruins in 6, bruins in 7, pens in 4, pens in 5, pens in 6, pens in 7. i want a detailed report- who scores, when, where. it was so much fun talking about the make believe! lot's of things COULD happen, at what point is it pointless? btw, i never said i wasn't spamming- i said WHAT IS SPAMMING? the ONLY time spent in my life at a computer is right here talking to you a(have never owned a computer- never will)l. forgive me for not being in the know.    

how much snow did you get this last week?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Yawn, people need to relax I keep hearing all around Pitt this Pitt that. Pitt in 5 or 6 games. We are talking about a team that needed 6 games to beat the nyi. Pitt forwards are the best in the league, yes completely agree at scoring, what about face offs? What about getting back on d? Hitting? How are Pitt dmen looking going against the bs forwards. Goalie? To me this series boils down to holding the pens to 3 goals if the bruins can do that then the series is theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if Vokoun gets embarresed in net in this series. As i wouldn't be surprised if rask gaa is 3.5-4 in this series. If the bruins d can play tight and not allow a lot of opp then who's to say the bruins can't win in 5 or 6 games. With seides back in the lineup look for chara to look even better on the ice with more rest. I like my chances against pitt ill see ya when we are up 3-2 with the game 6 in boston. 

Sections
Shortcuts