Bruins Beat Penguins Because....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Bruins Beat Penguins Because....

In response to heyoo's comment:

Yawn, people need to relax I keep hearing all around Pitt this Pitt that. Pitt in 5 or 6 games. We are talking about a team that needed 6 games to beat the nyi. Pitt forwards are the best in the league, yes completely agree at scoring, what about face offs? What about getting back on d? Hitting? How are Pitt dmen looking going against the bs forwards. Goalie? To me this series boils down to holding the pens to 3 goals if the bruins can do that then the series is theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if Vokoun gets embarresed in net in this series. As i wouldn't be surprised if rask gaa is 3.5-4 in this series. If the bruins d can play tight and not allow a lot of opp then who's to say the bruins can't win in 5 or 6 games. With seides back in the lineup look for chara to look even better on the ice with more rest. I like my chances against pitt ill see ya when we are up 3-2 with the game 6 in boston. 

Heyoo, that is your best post ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the B's beat Pittsburgh because Malkin,Crosby and Letang are all healthy. Sounds stupid I know, but I like the B's chances more when all those guys are healthy. When one or two are injured Pittsburgh goes into that defensive mode that gives the Bruins fits, and their pretty good at it.When all are healthy and Pittsburgh plays more of an up-tempo game, Ithink it favors the B's, especially now with how all the players are contributing. I think Peverley and Kelly get on the scoresheet,Jagr chances start going in and Seguin has a monster series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the B's beat Pittsburgh because Malkin,Crosby and Letang are all healthy. Sounds stupid I know, but I like the B's chances more when all those guys are healthy. When one or two are injured Pittsburgh goes into that defensive mode that gives the Bruins fits, and their pretty good at it.When all are healthy and Pittsburgh plays more of an up-tempo game, Ithink it favors the B's, especially now with how all the players are contributing. I think Peverley and Kelly get on the scoresheet,Jagr chances start going in and Seguin has a monster series.

[/QUOTE

Look for Boychuck to take away the middle of the ice with a few bone crushing hits . The Bruins need to make the Pens play outside of their comfort zone. Oh yeah, now the Bruins finally have between 4 and 7 chances to really go after Cooke. I can't wait. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

5 reasons

1) Rask >>>>>> whoever the Pens put out there

2) Bergeron will be Crosby's shadow the whole series

3) Malkin doesn't like to be hit

4) The Pens still employ Matt Cooke

5) Pens have the worst fans despite having 2 of the NHLs best players

And the Bs will win the first game in Pittsburg.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

because the Bruins can play it any way they want to....or need to.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

why not address the fact that you and other posters are "just happy the bruins are here"?

I'm thrilled they're in the ECF.  It sure will be great if they win, and then I'll be thrilled they are in the SCF.  It sure will be great if they win that, also.

But if they lose, which I hope they don't yet have no control over whatsoever, it's been a really fun season and a really great playoffs so far.

I'm happy that they've gotten this far.

What's wrong with that?

NAS, i don't care if they lose either, it effects my life in no way (other than drinking too much watching the games). but, i will remain positive in their chances to win. i won't think for a second,  until the last second has ticked off the season, that they don't have a chance (i've learned this watching them play). people have them dead and buried ALREADY, people that post here and are "bruin fans", not just the pundits. i think it's bad mojo to have a discussion about how to beat the bruins, on a bruins site. i may be wrong, but i don't remember, these types of threads for the first two series. why now? people doubt their chances, and want to mentally "prepare" it. sorry for the rant, but hey, i'm an optimist, and i've learned to NEVER doubt this bunch of bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

NAS, i don't care if they lose either, it effects my life in no way (other than drinking too much watching the games). but, i will remain positive in their chances to win. i won't think for a second,  until the last second has ticked off the season, that they don't have a chance (i've learned this watching them play). people have them dead and buried ALREADY, people that post here and are "bruin fans", not just the pundits. i think it's bad mojo to have a discussion about how to beat the bruins, on a bruins site. i may be wrong, but i don't remember, these types of threads for the first two series. why now? people doubt their chances, and want to mentally "prepare" it. sorry for the rant, but hey, i'm an optimist, and i've learned to NEVER doubt this bunch of bruins.

Who has them listed as dead and buried? Name one poster, because I haven't seen anyone say that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Ok spamming is posting a whole bunch of posts in a row.

And adk, I can guarantee you that these two questions - "How could the Bruins win this series and what will it take?" and "How could the Penguins win this series and what will it take?" are being asked and analyzed by both Julien and Bylsma right now - our analysis may not play out as we think, and neither may Julien's and Bylsma. But as a fan I find it an interesting and worthwhile endeavour, and for Julien and Bylsma it is an absolue necessity.

And I'm not just happy they're here - I want them to win. But there';s a difference between wanting them to win and thinking they will win (which I do) and being certain they will win.

No one, not the coaches even, can give a detailed report - but these teams have distinct styles, strengths and weaknesses. What on earth is wrong with talking about those differences?

red, i'm certain of nothing. i never said go put your life savings on the bruins. my issue(however trivial) is with those that are content with being conference finalists and those betting against a bruin victory... it's quitting in the middle of the race. it's been said before, but it's a defense mechanism. if the boston bruins play to the level they are capable (offensively, defensively, and in goal), it won't matter what the other team does, whether it's pitt, ny, tor, la, sj, chi, or det. didn't we all learn this two years ago? it's essentially the same team, with the obvious exception of TT. i'm sorry for the rant, it just kills me to hear all the doubt among bruins fans. two years ago was different for me, to be honest a small part of me was probably content on a series final appearance. but after seeing them win it, and having pretty much the same team- WHY NOT WIN IT AGAIN!!!!   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

shupe... keep looking you'll find more!

Who has them listed as dead and buried? Name one poster, because I haven't seen anyone say that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what the heck happened there?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

what the heck happened there?

?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

without looking back i can tell you shupe. the what the heck was for how my post ended up in the middle of that other stuff. i told you i'm computer-stupid.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

awesome... 3 more days of "possibilities". why not address the fact that you and other posters are "just happy the bruins are here"? these next two series are what history is made of. win another cup, and this team we are all "supporting"- will be looked at as one of the best bruins teams ever assembled. all this possibilities talk reminds me of trade talks on this board. everyone thinks THEY know what's going to happen, only to find out NOBODY was even close. possibilities? let's look at them. please educate me on how each will happen- bruins in 4, bruins in 5, bruins in 6, bruins in 7, pens in 4, pens in 5, pens in 6, pens in 7. i want a detailed report- who scores, when, where. it was so much fun talking about the make believe! lot's of things COULD happen, at what point is it pointless? btw, i never said i wasn't spamming- i said WHAT IS SPAMMING? the ONLY time spent in my life at a computer is right here talking to you a(have never owned a computer- never will)l. forgive me for not being in the know.    

how much snow did you get this last week?

just a dusting where i'm at, and the past few nights have been near freezing. during daytime hours this weekend it never got above 45. 90 this weekend though! been a strange spring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

red, i'm certain of nothing. i never said go put your life savings on the bruins. my issue(however trivial) is with those that are content with being conference finalists and those betting against a bruin victory... it's quitting in the middle of the race. it's been said before, but it's a defense mechanism. if the boston bruins play to the level they are capable (offensively, defensively, and in goal), it won't matter what the other team does, whether it's pitt, ny, tor, la, sj, chi, or det. didn't we all learn this two years ago? it's essentially the same team, with the obvious exception of TT. i'm sorry for the rant, it just kills me to hear all the doubt among bruins fans. two years ago was different for me, to be honest a small part of me was probably content on a series final appearance. but after seeing them win it, and having pretty much the same team- WHY NOT WIN IT AGAIN!!!!   

I'm as positive as positive can be.  I'm the fool who started the threads about spanking the Caps and had the B's winning every game vs. TOR and NYR.

This Pitt team is a different story.  I'm still very hopeful that they roll, but I'm not confident that they will.  Time will tell.  The good news is that we're discussing this in a objective light, not a gloom and doom SoxfaninIL/Assfingered approach.  The better news is that no matter what we discuss, it will have no affect on the actual game.

This is the Conference Finals.  I'm thrilled they got this far.  I hope they go much further and there is another parade.  I'm not sure if it will happen because this Pitt team is no joke, but hey, I hope it does.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is not me protecting mysef against a loss.  That's not my style.

This is objective conversation with intelligent hockey fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

chara

chara has to stay out of the box. would like to know the pk % with him off for 2 minutes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Look for Boychuck to take away the middle of the ice with a few bone crushing hits . The Bruins need to make the Pens play outside of their comfort zone. Oh yeah, now the Bruins finally have between 4 and 7 chances to really go after Cooke. I can't wait. 

no no. just play your game 55. Pittsburgh is too good to "try to take away the middle of the ice with a few bone crushing hits." Be there, but when our defenders start going for the hits thats when neal, Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Dupuis, and Kunitz will make them look stupid. Just play sound positional hockey, don't try to do too much, have faith in tuukka.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In honor of David Lowrey and irreverency,

God gave you life 
    So get out of mine 
    And take your sorry ass 
    Back to Pittsburg 

You're not welcome here 
    Ain't it perfectly clear 
    Take your sorry ass 
    Back to Pittsburg

CHORUS: 
    You bring us down 
    Don't come around 
    You bring us down 
    You bring us down 

REPEAT CHORUS 

You live a charmed life 
    But nothing seems right to you 
    Roses and wine 
    Thorns and vinegar 

Your only delight 
    Is other's demise 
    So take your sorry ass 
    Back to Pittsburgh 

This is not me protecting mysef against a loss.  That's not my style.

This is objective conversation with intelligent hockey fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice one, Isla!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins top 6 forwards needs to outplay the Penguins top 6 forwards. Boston did just that against the vaunted Canuckleheads top 6 forwards two years ago. Everything else is pretty even for both teams except for the Bruins defenseman scoring now. Pittsburgh isn't getting a ton of offense from the blueline with the expeption of Letang but those are 2nd assists to the top line(s).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

no no. just play your game 55. Pittsburgh is too good to "try to take away the middle of the ice with a few bone crushing hits." Be there, but when our defenders start going for the hits thats when neal, Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Dupuis, and Kunitz will make them look stupid. Just play sound positional hockey, don't try to do too much, have faith in tuukka.

It's going to be a long series and making the Pens pay for making plays will pay off later on. I have zero fear of the Pens stars making anyone on the Bruins look stupid. They've never faced a beast like Chara in a 7 game series. I expect them to suffer a similar fate to the Canucks. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to ortiztheman2003's comment:

chara

chara has to stay out of the box. would like to know the pk % with him off for 2 minutes

Everyone needs to stay out of the box. Pens will make you pay. More costly when the penalties are stupid and avoidable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I'm as positive as positive can be.  I'm the fool who started the threads about spanking the Caps and had the B's winning every game vs. TOR and NYR.

This Pitt team is a different story.  I'm still very hopeful that they roll, but I'm not confident that they will.  Time will tell.  The good news is that we're discussing this in a objective light, not a gloom and doom SoxfaninIL/Assfingered approach.  The better news is that no matter what we discuss, it will have no affect on the actual game.

This is the Conference Finals.  I'm thrilled they got this far.  I hope they go much further and there is another parade.  I'm not sure if it will happen because this Pitt team is no joke, but hey, I hope it does.

Yea -- NAS -- you had me shaking my head on the "why the Bruins will sweep the Caps" post. I was pretty leery between the B's playoff record vs unknown goalies in addition to Green and Backstrom returning from injury. Totally ok since my only prediction ever for a sweep was 2 years ago when the Habs came into the Garden and took the first 2 games of the opening round. I even cheated by not making the prediction until after the second game. We all know how that playoff year ended.

I'm cautiously optimistic vs Pens. B's won against all odds 2 years ago so we all know anything is possible.  

25. This post has been removed.