Bruins Behind the Scenes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Bruins Behind the Scenes

Has anyone seen the ad for the behind the scenes special airing on nesn this sunday? heres a link if you havent http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=442897&navid=DL|BOS|home

It looks awesome! Even though Dennis Leary is gonna be narrating it apparently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins Behind the Scenes

Oh yah, I love the behind the scenes stuff.

another link with NESN tv schedule

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=91869

And I'm desperate for hockey, so any news is good news.

And speaking of desperate for hockey, does any have a tv schedule for NESN's 'Bruins in 2' or whatever it's named that they put on over the summer?  The only one I found was NESN's tv schedule which was horrible, it's the full line up for the next 2 days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hmmmm....I seem to remember somebody suggesting this in another thread.

Anyway it's sounds like something to look forward to. Can't wait - the only thing that makes the sh1t cold weather just around the corner bearable for me - Bruins hockey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone know if you can get this without NESN?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Anyone know if you can get this without NESN?

Same question.

Would be awesome if someone would record it and post it online for everyone to watch.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

available on youtube....watched it yesterday morning...liked it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

It's available on BostonBruins.com as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

tour of the practice facility by John Whitesides

http://strengthperformance.com/video/tour-stanley-cup-champion

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In the end - I made it about 18 minutes.  Just long enough to see the mazzive calzone the guy with Eriksson ordered at Trattoria di Monica. 

The war room stuff was interesting but still pretty thin.  Man, Scott Bradley didn't have much good to say about Seguin, did he?  And purely about the player - dez, Fletch, shupe (I can't remember which of you called that on the day of the trade).  Same with Benning.  It's not so much the actual moves they made - old news now - but really how ruthless they are.  From these clips, there's no quarter.  Most interesting line was Chiarelli saying "he's another 35-40 goal scorer...".  That sounded like code to me, like the guys in the group would understand that to mean something more than just 35-40 goals.  My guess is that you pay 90% of what a 50 goal scorer earns for a 35-40 goal scorer in today's market.  So unless that guys is also Fat, who does more for you than score those goals, a 35-40 goal scorer can be a bad proposition.  Eriksson fits the bill as a guy who could go 35-40 in the right circumstances, but he's also a penalty killer and two-way player.

Also saw some conversations about the disappointment when Horton decided to leave.  I read the war room scene a little differently than "oh no, Horty's gone!"  Guy hasn't been the player he was the first year in Boston for two years.  He's injured.  I think they thought they could get him back at $5M or less, and given the chemistry etc., that would be the most cost-effective route to getting performance out of the top line. 

I don't think I could take another half hour of awkward conversations like the Neely-Eriksson exchange: "we aim to win the Cup every year" "That's good.  That's how it should be." "Our fans expect you to work hard" "That's good, that's what you need to do." "Blah blah blah" "Happy to be here, Prez!"

Followed by free stuff and house hunting.  My head is just spinning with excitement.

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In the end - I made it about 18 minutes.  Just long enough to see the mazzive calzone the guy with Eriksson ordered at Trattoria di Monica. 

The war room stuff was interesting but still pretty thin.  Man, Scott Bradley didn't have much good to say about Seguin, did he?  And purely about the player - dez, Fletch, shupe (I can't remember which of you called that on the day of the trade).  Same with Benning.  It's not so much the actual moves they made - old news now - but really how ruthless they are.  From these clips, there's no quarter.  Most interesting line was Chiarelli saying "he's another 35-40 goal scorer...".  That sounded like code to me, like the guys in the group would understand that to mean something more than just 35-40 goals.  My guess is that you pay 90% of what a 50 goal scorer earns for a 35-40 goal scorer in today's market.  So unless that guys is also Fat, who does more for you than score those goals, a 35-40 goal scorer can be a bad proposition.  Eriksson fits the bill as a guy who could go 35-40 in the right circumstances, but he's also a penalty killer and two-way player.

Also saw some conversations about the disappointment when Horton decided to leave.  I read the war room scene a little differently than "oh no, Horty's gone!"  Guy hasn't been the player he was the first year in Boston for two years.  He's injured.  I think they thought they could get him back at $5M or less, and given the chemistry etc., that would be the most cost-effective route to getting performance out of the top line. 

I don't think I could take another half hour of awkward conversations like the Neely-Eriksson exchange: "we aim to win the Cup every year" "That's good.  That's how it should be." "Our fans expect you to work hard" "That's good, that's what you need to do." "Blah blah blah" "Happy to be here, Prez!"

Followed by free stuff and house hunting.  My head is just spinning with excitement.

Yah, that was lame.  The rookie camp segment is the best. 

It's also on the internet broken out into parts and I think that this is the best and most honest part by a mile.  It's the rookie camps section and the player meetings with coaches is the most content full part.  It's starts with fluff, but moves into meat and potatoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnsizK2svUo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

It's also on the internet broken out into parts and I think that this is the best and most honest part by a mile.  It's the rookie camps section and the player meetings with coaches is the most content full part.  It's starts with fluff, but moves into meat and potatoes.

Thanks, Badhab, I'll check that part out.  I gave up after the calzone and then saw the next segment was all about Fat and BabyFat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thanks, Badhab, I'll check that part out.  I gave up after the calzone and then saw the next segment was all about Fat and BabyFat.

Good move.  Lucic section was lamest of all, house hunting was a very close second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They did seem pretty high on Camara.  Sweeney anyway.  Either that, or, like a good coach/teacher/prof./mentor - he knows which buttons to push with that kid.  Hawerchuk seemed to think building him up by putting him with Schiefele would pay off, and it did.  So maybe giving him the pat on the back and then playing him alongside Spooner all camp is intended to mirror his time in Barrie?

I didn't get the sense they were touting Lindblad as a guy with a good shot at the club the way some did.  I did note that it was pretty clear GrizzledChick didn't come to camp in shape - bad sign, kid.  And Whitesides is nuts.  I love it.  "I don't want anybody to say they don't know what's expected of them.  We're going to clear that up right F'in now."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They did seem pretty high on Camara.  Sweeney anyway.  Either that, or, like a good coach/teacher/prof./mentor - he knows which buttons to push with that kid.  Hawerchuk seemed to think building him up by putting him with Schiefele would pay off, and it did.  So maybe giving him the pat on the back and then playing him alongside Spooner all camp is intended to mirror his time in Barrie?

I didn't get the sense they were touting Lindblad as a guy with a good shot at the club the way some did.  I did note that it was pretty clear GrizzledChick didn't come to camp in shape - bad sign, kid.  And Whitesides is nuts.  I love it.  "I don't want anybody to say they don't know what's expected of them.  We're going to clear that up right F'in now."

Told ya it was the best segment.  Whitesides and R Lee Ermey... I could watch them all day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxalkMk7cTM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I had a similar reaction to some others here, but I enjoyed it and would watch another one. 

Like Book pointed out, the conversation between Neely and Eriksson was just insufferable.  I can't imagine what got cut out so that could stay in.  Eriksson and Neely really cleared some things up like 'winning is good' and 'you're gonna like it here' and 'the fans like players who work hard'.  Lofty stuff.  Who knew?

Also boring, were the at-home features on Lucic and Iginla, and Eriksson's house hunting.  Yawn.

But seeing Chiarelli and Co. discussing things behind the scenes and then Whitesides talking to the rookies like a bunch of fat kids in detention at summer camp was great.

I liked the player exit interviews at the end too.  It sounded kind of like a mafia threat when Sweeney told Grzelcyk that "we're gonna be really disappointed if you don't pass the fitness test next year"...

...it would be a shame if you failed that test Matty, and then something horrible happened to your dog...capiche? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The trailer to the second episode is out, looks intriguing.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1405&id=447413&lang=en

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Us Americans only had the Hawks Cas on and I turned it off when they kept showing cup replays.

So I watched Behind the B part 2.

Much better than part 1 by far.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hopefully there's a re-run tomorrow. I missed it when I indulged in watching our incompetent brethren of the North engage in a match that looked like a step above patty cake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Hopefully there's a re-run tomorrow. I missed it when I indulged in watching our incompetent brethren of the North engage in a match that looked like a step above patty cake.

The Habs-Leafs game wasn't rough enough for you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm hoping we'll also see a new bunch of The Bear and The Gang spots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Episode 3 racked up and ready for you commercial free.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1405&id=464946&lang=en

These are getting better, all content, no at home with their kids and pets stuff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Episode 3 racked up and ready for you commercial free.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1405&id=464946&lang=en

These are getting better, all content, no at home with their kids and pets stuff.

Thanks for posting, BH.  I'm a big fan of the backstage stuff.  I've always wanted to see sports teams in this manner and having the Bruins presented this way is brilliant.  Head and shoulders better than the usual mundane between period interviews of players being asked what they have to do to: a. get back in the game b. continue to do well.  A lot of the time they don't look thrilled to be there anyway. 

Loved the part in the season opener where Kelly skated to the bench and knocked down Kronwall near the gate.  As Kronwall got up he looked at the Bruin bench and asked if getting knocked down was necessary.  Iginla replied "Absolutely." 

Sections
Shortcuts