BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS

Saturday night we watch the BRUINS play like the best hockey team in the world for the first period.  Then tank into prevent d to hardly hang on for the 40 minutes and get a win.  The win felt like a loss, and the BRUINS were spinning words that everything was great when the game was ovah!!!  There was no player sounding angry or disgusted for what happened in the 2 and 3 period.  Everything with the Bruins is always an excuse, or spin positive.  "well at least we got a point." instead of, "we lost and should have gotten two points. 

When the PATS don't play well or lose, they tell the world. Brady goes nuts. says his team sucked for the game.  B.B. says we have a lot of work to do. Then they come back out and kick their opponent away!!!  They call a spade a spade and seek victory with grit, grind heart, and energy.  They don't take their foot off the gas peddle.  They go full throtel.

The Bruins had a chance to go full throtel and blow the caps off the ice Saturday, and instead we got same old Julien Bruins!!!  And nobody on the team acted pissed off about it.  WELL I'M PISSED OFF!!! I thought Neely being President was going to make this team play more like his style. Obviously not!!!

GO TO SCHOOL BRUINS, AND TAKE A LESSON FORM BRADY AND THE PATS!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS

In Response to BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS:
    [QUOTE]Saturday night we watch the BRUINS play like the best hockey team in the world for the first period.  Then tank into prevent d to hardly hang on for the 40 minutes and get a win.  The win felt like a loss, and the BRUINS were spinning words that everything was great when the game was ovah!!!  There was no player sounding angry or disgusted for what happened in the 2 and 3 period.  Everything with the Bruins is always an excuse, or spin positive.  "well at least we got a point." instead of, "we lost and should have gotten two points.  When the PATS don't play well or lose, they tell the world. Brady goes nuts. says his team sucked for the game.  B.B. says we have a lot of work to do. Then they come back out and kick their opponent away!!!  They call a spade a spade and seek victory with grit, grind heart, and energy.  They don't take their foot off the gas peddle.  They go full throtel. The Bruins had a chance to go full throtel and blow the caps off the ice Saturday, and instead we got same old Julien Bruins!!!  And nobody on the team acted pissed off about it.  WELL I'M PISSED OFF!!! I thought Neely being President was going to make this team play more like his style. Obviously not!!! GO TO SCHOOL BRUINS, AND TAKE A LESSON FORM BRADY AND THE PATS!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER[/QUOTE]
    When there are only 16 games you tend to get more fired up about them.when there are 82 games you sometimes have to quickly forget games and get back on the horse.Your analogy dosen't really fit as I've never heard Brady and the Pats complain about beating a good team(ie.Capitals) but only by a field goal.Most pro athletes,in any sport,will take a win however they can get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

The bruins can def learn from the pats. You can follow the philosophy of any successful sports program in the country, if you want. But they all have the one the bruins need more than anything else:

A desire to win.

Its not the goal scorer, or a new coach, or a puck moving defenseman or a power play thats gonna help this team.

It has to come from within, like you see in the patriots. They have leaders, and the players are accountable for their own actions. They feed off each other. they spark eachother.

The bruins hardly stick up for their own teammates.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I disagree (in a sense).  In hockey, I don't think a desire to win is nearly as important as the desire to defeat your opponent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Agree.  Did you see Bellichek's press conference last night?  You would of thought they lost by 20 by his tone and everything he was saying.  He kept saying things like "I need to do a better job coaching", and "I need to do a better job preparing them for next game".  "I" being the key word.  And this is all after a win against a playoff caliber team.  It would be nice to see humpt dumpty say something like that once in a while instead of always using the "we need to do a better job" point of view and never being personally accountable for any of Boston's lackluster efforts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS:
    [QUOTE]Agree.  Did you see Bellichek's press conference last night?  You would of thought they lost by 20 by his tone and everything he was saying.  He kept saying things like "I need to do a better job coaching", and "I need to do a better job preparing them for next game".  "I" being the key word.  And this is all after a win against a playoff caliber team.  It would be nice to see humpt dumpty say something like that once in a while instead of always using the "we need to do a better job" point of view and never being personally accountable for any of Boston's lackluster efforts.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]
    If we want to keep comparing apples to oranges then let's acknowledge that a coach is far more directly responsible for the outcome in a football game than in hockey.A football coach makes the final decision as to which plays are run whereas in hockey it's more about line matching than set plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]The bruins can def learn from the pats. You can follow the philosophy of any successful sports program in the country, if you want. But they all have the one the bruins need more than anything else: A desire to win. Its not the goal scorer, or a new coach, or a puck moving defenseman or a power play thats gonna help this team. It has to come from within, like you see in the patriots. They have leaders, and the players are accountable for their own actions. They feed off each other. they spark eachother. The bruins hardly stick up for their own teammates.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

thank you. I AGREE 100%!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Learn what ? How to play Football in the snow really well ? The drafting is different, offensive schemes and defensive schemes non-comparable, flow of the game, coaching, the season (as mentioned) etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Learn what ? How to play Football in the snow really well ? The drafting is different, offensive schemes and defensive schemes non-comparable, flow of the game, coaching, the season (as mentioned) etc.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Next the Bruins will have to learn how to close out games like Papelbon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS : Next the Bruins will have to learn how to close out games like Papelbon. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

OMG please no his WHIP over the last 2 seasons is pathetic good grief no!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

God I wish Kraft would just buy the bruins from JJ. Then win the bruins 4 Cups in the next 10 years!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS : If we want to keep comparing apples to oranges then let's acknowledge that a coach is far more directly responsible for the outcome in a football game than in hockey.A football coach makes the final decision as to which plays are run whereas in hockey it's more about line matching than set plays.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Thats called a "system". And all coaches have one.

Its not looking at it as a sport. Its looking at the athletes as individual competitors, and how they prepare, and how they focus, and how their leaders act; What they have to do to succeed as a team. It would be as simple as saying: The Detroit Redwings are the New England Patriots of the NHL. Strong leadership. Good coaching. Great ownership. A team that knows how to succeed year in and year out, no matter how old players are getting, or even with the new guys coming in.

Now, that said... WOuld you agree that you would like your organization to act like the Detroit Redwings. I sure would.

Edit*

It doesnt matter what coach you have or systme you use... Players still have a job to do and they have to execute them for both coach and player to successful. Its not apples and oranges. Its green apples and red apples.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS CAN LEARN FROM PATS : Next the Bruins will have to learn how to close out games like Papelbon.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Maybe the papelbon  of 4 years ago... A guy who was prepared, and focused, and new what it takes to win. Imagine if any bruins on the team had his mindset. that they couldnt be beaten. Instead of going back and waiting for someone else to make a mistake, they acted like papelbon and made it tough for the opponent to win.

Sections
Shortcuts