Bruins class move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins class move

Video tribute to TT during tonight's Panthers game for the Cup win.

I don't like TT (see all of those other threads), don't think he deserves it, but I will aknowledge it's a class thing to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bruins class move

Darn right he deserves it.  He was playoff mvp for the cup winning team.  He was one of the best goalies in the world.  I dont care about all his political stuff or him sitting out a lockout season.  I do care that he was a centerpiece of a cup winning team.  He was awesome!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No suprise at all. Too bad Thomas isn't playing tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You guys will love the Markstrom/Clemmensen duo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

NAS - You mean the B's have a shot at scoring more than a goal or two? I hope so...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Darn right he deserves it.  He was playoff mvp for the cup winning team.  He was one of the best goalies in the world.  I dont care about all his political stuff or him sitting out a lockout season.  I do care that he was a centerpiece of a cup winning team.  He was awesome!  

[/QUOTE]

HEAR HEAR!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As for Thomas, all of the stuff people said (say) about him is pure BS.  I love the "he put himself in front of the team" angle.  I don't see any good players making league minimum to improve the quality of the other roster players.  Maybe you don't like his politics, but this isn't about politics.  This is sport.  Yeah, he made a few political statements, but none on the ice, none in a Bruins uniform.  The guy is allowed to have an opinion and can voice it, so long as it isn't hurtful to people.  It wasn't.

Tim Thomas is a Bruins legend.  If Rask can play 75% as well, B's fans are in style for a long time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hope the video finds its way to Youtube if we dont see it on TV. He's a Bruin great as far as i'm concerned and was fun to watch. What more could you ask for as a fan? He left, for his own reason and we are left with one of the better goalies in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As for Thomas, all of the stuff people said (say) about him is pure BS.  I love the "he put himself in front of the team" angle.  I don't see any good players making league minimum to improve the quality of the other roster players.  Maybe you don't like his politics, but this isn't about politics.  This is sport.  Yeah, he made a few political statements, but none on the ice, none in a Bruins uniform.  The guy is allowed to have an opinion and can voice it, so long as it isn't hurtful to people.  It wasn't.

Tim Thomas is a Bruins legend.  If Rask can play 75% as well, B's fans are in style for a long time.

[/QUOTE]

I'm po'd the way he left, but I don't hold anything against him! He helped bring a huge amount of joy into my household & I'll never forget it! Thank You TT! He deserves to be shown some honor for what you did as a hockey player, inspite of the fact some say he didn't honor his contract. I applaude his honesty for standing up & saying "I don't wanna play this season!" Rather than show up "just to honor" your last season as a Bruin & play half heartedly. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

TT does dererve that video tribute and a standing ovation from the crowds, i for one will always be thankful for what he brought to boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I didn't like the way he left at all, I think he created some nonsense distractions, and I do think he put himself above the team (at the end).  

But that still doesn't take away what he did in Boston for me.  Every time you looked at him and Luongo during the Stanley Cup finals, you thanked your lucky stars that TT was the Bruin.  His career in general was inspiring, especially during the Cup run.  I like the tribute idea, and I would be giving him a standing-O if I was there.  Once.  Then he's just an opposing player with some wacky characteristics.  Thanks TT, go Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Claude Julien: "Tim Thomas doesnt win a Stanley Cup if our team doesn't play as well as it did in front of him. This is an honest statement"

Some on here will not even come close to understanding what Claude Julien meant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Enoug already.  Oh quit blubbering all of you.  Put away your hankies and start watching the team we have now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HEAR HEAR!!

[/QUOTE]

OMG, NOB and I completely agree on something!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Claude Julien: "Tim Thomas doesnt win a Stanley Cup if our team doesn't play as well as it did in front of him. This is an honest statement"

Some on here will not even come close to understanding what Claude Julien meant.

[/QUOTE]

So true, and at times I'm sure I sound like one. As always, goalies get too much of the credit and too much of the blame. But at the end of the day, nobody can argue what Julien said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Classy indeed. Good on the Bruins. He played a big part in bringing a looooooooooong waited Cup back to Boston. Will always be one of my favorite Bruin goaltenders. Say what you will, there aren't too many guys that play all out like he does. Reminds me of "Rudy".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HEAR HEAR!!

[/QUOTE]

OMG, NOB and I completely agree on something!

[/QUOTE]

THAT'S TWICE IN ONE DAY!!! HOLY O'!!!

Sections
Shortcuts