Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago

Link Below:   Still hoping for another forward before the deadline, but this is what I expected for now.

http://www.csnne.com/02/17/11/Bruins-close-to-getting-Kaberle-sending-/landing_bruins.html?blockID=412590&feedID=3944

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago

In Response to Re: Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago:
    [QUOTE]yes, we know, there are several other threads about this
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

HAHA i was just about to post the same thing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mglsmrso. Show mglsmrso's posts

Wheeler and 1st round pick to TO for Kaberle, Stuart to Chicago for draft picks.  Kaberle could really help the D and PP, but I'd hate to see Stuey go.  He's been a steady force on the D for a few years.  I love his compete level, do whatever needs to be done. Wheels has got talent, just not consistent enough.  He's taking a long time to develop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I will be sad if Stuart is traded.  He is a good player and deserves to remain a Bruin, unlike some people.  Cough...Boychuk...cough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I heard Brian Burke on NHL network interview @ 1:30--- he denied everything about Kaberle and said that the rumor of him only wanting to go to Boston is just like all the other false rumors out there.   He said nothing was even close with Kaberle and that he has spoken to a bunch of teams about him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago:
    [QUOTE]I heard Brian Burke on NHL network interview @ 1:30--- he denied everything about Kaberle and said that the rumor of him only wanting to go to Boston is just like all the other false rumors out there.   He said nothing was even close with Kaberle and that he has spoken to a bunch of teams about him. 
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

I hope thats true because trading wheeler and a pick (likely the Bs 1st) is insane and sending stuar away when Mxquaid could go back down is insane. Deal for an up and comong player not one who is on his way down.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Vancouver have lost a lot of d-men. If Stu is going & i hate to see it, but why not try to swing a deal with the Nuks & get us Raymond. His speed is unmatched in the East (with the puck) with the exception of Grabner, but he's not in the play-offs. I'm not talking a straight up move, but draft picks could be added both ways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree, McQuaid is quietly putting together a quality season. Notice how his icetime has been steadily increasing with each week? And he is signed for next year at a measly 525K to boot. He is the primary reason Stuart is expendable for better or worse....

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago : you REALLY think that McQuaid wouldn't get picked up on waivers? I can guarantee you he would

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]trade stuart then sign him as a ufa next season, win the cup with kaberle and whoever else this year. its a win win
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09[/QUOTE]

LOL

this from the poster with the name BruinsCupIn09

It's 2011 bud and that Cup aint comin anytime soon

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

[QUOTE]Vancouver have lost a lot of d-men. If Stu is going & i hate to see it, but why not try to swing a deal with the Nuks & get us Raymond. His speed is unmatched in the East (with the puck) with the exception of Grabner, but he's not in the play-offs. I'm not talking a straight up move, but draft picks could be added both ways.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Raymond for Stuart sounds pretty good to me,just have to worry bout the cap since PC seems so deadset on getting Kaberle....play hardball with toronto & give up a body ( Hamill? Paille? ) with Wheeler instead of a pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

am i the only one on this board who'd keep Stuart and trade Ference instead?....

Stuart's younger and i'm sure he won't be signing for more than Ference is already earning, which is too much for what he brings....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

[QUOTE]am i the only one on this board who'd keep Stuart and trade Ference instead?.... Stuart's younger and i'm sure he won't be signing for more than Ference is already earning, which is too much for what he brings....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

I'd keep Stuart over Ference too, but if you were the the GM of another team you'd probably be thinking the same thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Burke is trying to play poker face but everyone knows it is true.  TSN are usually right on the spot when they come up with a story.  He is just trying to get more for him.  I say nothing more then a 3 rd pick.  Otherwise let him lose Kaberle at the end of the year!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]am i the only one on this board who'd keep Stuart and trade Ference instead?.... Stuart's younger and i'm sure he won't be signing for more than Ference is already earning, which is too much for what he brings....

Boychuk

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago : I hope thats true because trading wheeler and a pick (likely the Bs 1st) is insane and sending stuar away when Mxquaid could go back down is insane. Deal for an up and comong player not one who is on his way down.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Darn right! Send McQuaid down, don't trade Stuart. Or, if you must trade, deal Boychuk. Boychuk and a pick for Kaberle would be fine with me.

And I definately think we should move Wheeler but get a 20-goal scorer as a replacement (someone with heart please!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago : you REALLY think that McQuaid wouldn't get picked up on waivers? I can guarantee you he would
    Waivers ? how do you figure, hes still on an entry level contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins 'close' to getting Kaberle, sending Stuart to Chicago : Waivers ? how do you figure, hes still on an entry level contract.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

No he not he started his second contract this season and has now played enough NHL games that he would be required to pass through waivers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

It seems to me with the emergence of McQuaid it's made Stu a higher value for a trade. This is what happens when you have a defensive orienated team. New guys come in & buy into the system & it makes someone else expendable. IMO as much as I like McQuaid (have to- he's a Maritimer) I don't think he'd be as valuable on a lot of teams. Mark Stuart will fit on a lot more teams & PC knows this. Hence the reason he's the one being shopped.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Betcha Burke wants Joe Colborne.

Hopefully PC holds on to our studs for next year.  Ryder, Recchi, Wheeler, Paille all gone in the summer.  Fill those holes with Caron, Colborne, and some FA pickups.

No?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Paille is signed for next year as well for just over a million.

[QUOTE]Betcha Burke wants Joe Colborne. Hopefully PC holds on to our studs for next year.  Ryder, Recchi, Wheeler, Paille all gone in the summer.  Fill those holes with Caron, Colborne, and some FA pickups. No?
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I,d rather keep Stuart myself,but his name keeps popping up....CJ would never part with Ference, that's his boy....If Boychuk has any value he'd be my 1st choice, Boychuk for Raymond!.....What i dread worse of all if Stuart stays in the east, I wouldn't,t like to face him to many times! 

Sections
Shortcuts