Bruins Comments and Answers (yours)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bruins Comments and Answers (yours)

Krejci: 

“These little guys, they play like that — little elbows,’’ Krejci said. “The ref, it’s hard for him to see. It’s no big deal. I don’t like when they do that. I don’t like when they do it on me. That’s what happened.’’ 

I’m sure the Bruins knew this coming in playing against Montreal. So why are they not prepared when the puck is dropped ??? 
    Thornton dropping his gloves for Lapierre ? Dumb, he's been around enough that he will not drop them. 
    Props to Krejci .
    These two teams are very similar in the styles they play with only one big plus for the Habs and that’s their speed.   Habs know how to take advantage of it on slower teams.Bruins advantage,  their size and players capable of driving to the net and they just didn’t use it . Disadvantage Bruins ! Proof; Look at how the Flyers play Montreal.  

Thomas: 

It’s debatable whether one guy got his stick on his hands a little bit,’’ Thomas said. “It looked like to me that it was stick-on-stick contact. Certainly not a penalty shot. It changed the whole outlook of the game. Totally. From beginning to end.’’ 

Seems like there’s always something that changes the outlook of the game when you play the Habs,  Thomas.   Say that to your teammates. The way they played from the start changed the outlook of the game . Not sure where the blame lies, maybe the coaching staff's game plan is not suited in Montreal.
    Actually if it weren’t for Thomas this game would have been a blow out.  Made some big saves to keep themselves in this one.

Julien: 

“It threw us off there a little bit,’’ coach Claude Julien said of the early penalty shot. “That second goal as well. One of those games where it seemed to hit us and end up on their sticks or in our net. Tough night with the goals against, no doubt. The second period, we were better. The third period, we were probably at our best. It’s unfortunate because we needed all three periods like that third period tonight.” 

Again playing the penalty shot and threw you off ???? Come on Julien ,  you’ve been on both sides of the coin and you know everything goes the Habs way (not whining here).  Habs create their own luck the way they play therefore you should go into this game already down a goal or two with that mentality.

Your team is never prepared when playing the Habs and it was the same reason in Boston last month in a loss at home 3-1, MR. Julien!   

In the end Habs played a tad better, Bruins again not a full effort (so so tired of this excuse) and the Habs hold the lead in the division.Statement for the divison is lost for 2010. Let’s hope in 2011 the Bruins can come out stronger against the division leaders.  As I always say the Bruins success passes through Montreal love it or lump it ! Proof;  2 season ago ! 

My wishlist for Christmas:  (just one) No more excuses why they lose to the Habs ,  it’s like “ Groundhog day” .    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Bruins Comments and Answers (yours)

The third period, we were probably at our best. It’s unfortunate because we needed all three periods like that third period tonight.” 

EVERY TIME CJ EVERY TIME!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Comments and Answers (yours):
    [QUOTE]The third period, we were probably at our best. It’s unfortunate because we needed all three periods like that third period tonight.”     EVERY TIME CJ EVERY TIME!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

How many times has this happened this season ?  If there's a team in history that has made the Bruins pay it's the HABS.  Heck , even when the Bruins played 3 full periods better than Montreal they've lost. 
    All the excuses are irrelevant !  You play hard and you make your own luck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

It's amazing that the Hahvud GM has locked up a mediocre coach and a bunch of mediocre players with no trade long term bloated contracts. This is not even a young team. basically everything they tell you is bs and you people eat it up! This is a soft, mediocre talented, aging team with no leadership whatsoever. Tampa, Atlanta even Carolina will be alot better than the Bruins very quickly..... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

How is this even an excuse, makes me want to bleed out of my eyes/ears every time I read/hear CJ say that. Its not an excuse at all. Is he saying that the Players consistantly take nights off?

If so then why isnt he angry. Get mad call out the players you think didnt show up. Bench veterans who consistantly take nights off (Ryder AHEM) notice when the Kid is playing well and give him more icetime. Never again sit Seguin for Paille.

What effect does it have on the players to constantly say "We didnt show up for 2/3rds the game". What if the players think they showed up and played hard. What if they now dont respect the coach because of his constant blaming the players. Who gets the players pumped up to play with fire intensity. If CJ isnt doing it and he has Chara on leash so Chara ait doing it who is?

Sorry for all the questions but seeing this lame duck excuse from CJ time and again is pretty freaking annoying.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

Krejci did well and good on Camm. to drop 'em too, whatever he did pisssed off krejci and he delt with it properly. i also thought it was great when thornton dropped the gloves with lapierre...keep exposing this coward, it didn't cost them anything so why not embarass him a little. The penalty shot was crap we all know that, and it cost them not only a goal but it gave the habs momentum and got the crowd rockin which really put the B's on their heels. two bad calls led to 2 goals, 1 in the first min of the 1st period and one in the last min of the period. those were killers.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]You people are pathetic! Its got NOTHING to do with fighting. Have you ever seen Detroit? Do you think they fight? I's about being talented and being a winner and having a GM and coach that aren't clueless and know how to develop talent. They don't even get top draft picks but they kick everyone's azz all the time. The Bruins are losers..top to bottom
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with most of the time as you're coming from the left but here I agree with you 100%.   It's not that I don;t like fighting but it's the way the NHL is played.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci did well and good on Camm. to drop 'em too, whatever he did pisssed off krejci and he delt with it properly. i also thought it was great when thornton dropped the gloves with lapierre...keep exposing this coward, it didn't cost them anything so why not embarass him a little. The penalty shot was crap we all know that, and it cost them not only a goal but it gave the habs momentum and got the crowd rockin which really put the B's on their heels. two bad calls led to 2 goals, 1 in the first min of the 1st period and one in the last min of the period. those were killers.
    Posted by TheMightyJulien[/QUOTE]
    It totally amazes me that lappiere, the coward of all cowards has not had his lunch handed to him at some point in his career . Montreal has a history of drafting players of this ilk, mario tremblay, claude lemiex, mike riberio. and now lappiere. In my opinion, players like those are an embarrassment to the game. I'm not sure why this clown hasn't been dealt with?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

i watched this game on CBC in canada and its sickening to listen to the announcers (Bob Cole) complimenting montreal on everything they did - i even think he complimented the trainer for wiping cammalari's nose for him -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Production from the B's back end is killing them, Z & Sides have the 5 goals between them. This has to pick up as this is an indication of how the overall D is playing. Bad puck movement and no goal support.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

[QUOTE]i watched this game on CBC in canada and its sickening to listen to the announcers (Bob Cole) complimenting montreal on everything they did - i even think he complimented the trainer for wiping cammalari's nose for him -
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

I usually find bob cole to be a very fair announcer, but your right about last night...he was a habs homer big time, on the other had milbury and stock might as well have been wearing the spoked B at intermission. It balanced out nicely i thought. I still think Cole is the best announcer in the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

One last response to Nash then on perma-ignore

Seguin - 18
    Lucic - 22
    Rask - 23
    Krejic - 24
    Wheeler - 24
    Bergeron - 25
    Horton - 25
    Boychuk - 26
    Stuart - 26

Seems like a young core to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Half those guys sux and are non factors however...

Thomas 36
    Chara 33
    Savard 33
    Ryder 33
    Ference 31
    Thornton 33
    Recchi 42
    Seidenberg 30

The MVP is 36 years old. Good luck with 2-10 Rask in net

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yes, Nash. The enitire fanbase is ignorant and sux. Too bad we all can't be so clever and classless and free as yourself. Never heard you say anything even remotely civil. I don't care about your (sometimes reasoned) arguments, because they are portrayed rudely. Keep your crumbs from the tower. You, Sir, are a boor and a bore, and you differentiate yourself as no differently than someone as idiotic as RMiller. You are no NaS, that's for sure. Consider yourself ignored.
    Yeah, I know you don't care...it's obvious. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone who hasn't been ignoring nash deserves to hear the idiotic rantings of a 6-year old.  He is in a tight race with that loser soccer coach for the biggest clown on these boards.  Don't waste your time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]You people are pathetic! Its got NOTHING to do with fighting. Have you ever seen Detroit? Do you think they fight? I's about being talented and being a winner and having a GM and coach that aren't clueless and know how to develop talent. They don't even get top draft picks but they kick everyone's azz all the time. The Bruins are losers..top to bottom
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Your an idiot. Bob probert had nothing to do with fighting, or darren mcarty, shannahan, chris chelios..... or even GORDIE HOWE... The redwings have had toughness and grit for the last 2 decades this bruins team could only dream of.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Nash, I'm gonna tell you what I tell all trolls.  Get the f*ck out, you're not welcome, and you're not wanted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Nash your mistaken toughenss for LEADERSHIP.

Thats what detroit has had for their entire NHL life.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

MR.JACK PARKER SHOULD COACH THE BRUINS  HE WILL LEAD THESES YOUNG GUNS TO LORD STANLEY , JULIAN IS ITS TIME TO STEP A SIDE OR GET FIRED

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]i watched this game on CBC in canada and its sickening to listen to the announcers (Bob Cole) complimenting montreal on everything they did - i even think he complimented the trainer for wiping cammalari's nose for him -
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

OMG Bob Cole was such a moron .  Not sure wohomever watced the game on HNIC must heard when he said that Camelleri the star of the Habs was fighting Boston's tough guy, Krejci.  He added that it took Camalleri a lot of guts to drop them with the Bruins tough guy.
    This guy is a complete bafoon and could call his own name.
    Most people in Canada , except Toronto, can't stand him doing the play by play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

amazing wasn't it. in about 245 games Krecji had 80 minutes in penalties and that was his first fight ever !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]It's amazing that the Hahvud GM has locked up a mediocre coach and a bunch of mediocre players with no trade long term bloated contracts. This is not even a young team. basically everything they tell you is bs and you people eat it up! This is a soft, mediocre talented, aging team with no leadership whatsoever. Tampa, Atlanta even Carolina will be alot better than the Bruins very quickly..... 
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Well, I certainly don't like your tone, but I reluctantly agree with the (assumed) premise of your post, which, unless I'm mis-reading it, is that the Bruins are a mediocre team loaded with at best mediocre talent.

This is something I've been saying (altho' not as crudely as you) for a while now, and getting reamed for it.

My point is slightly different, however, b/c for the first time in a while I think the Bruins have a solid corps which they can build around for future success: (That would be Lucic, Krejci, Seguin, Bergeron, Savard, & Rask), but right now, as we currently stand, this '10-'11 Bruins edition is destined for a 1st or 2nd round playoff KO, or should they continue to get off to lousy starts and make idiot coaching decisions like sitting Seguin in fvaor of Paille, another humiliating DNQ.

This is not--RIGHT NOW--a Stanley Cup team by ANY objective measure, despite what many dreamers on this board say otherwise. If PC can pull off some amazing acquisitions by the trade deadline given the freed up cap space (and they should create more by dumping any or all of the following: Wheeler, Ryder, and especially Paille), then that could change.

But right now, mediocre is the word that best describes these Bruins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

'We didn't play 60' isn't an excuse.  No one says "oh! really! oh, well that's okay that you lost then, you're excused!'  If you want to rip Julien for saying it - or any of the Bruins - they rip them for stating the obvious.  Boys, what we want you to figure out is why you aren't playing for 60.  Tell us that.  Otherwise, shut the f... up and go think about it.

Bob Cole has never been anything but infuriatingly biased.  Terrible. 

Say what you will about the potential of the Bruins lineup, the fact is the young core is as or more culpable for the slow starts as anyone.  Krejci plays one game like a world class player, then the next three like a second line centre.  Lucic is clearly not playing with the ferocity that got him here.  Horton looks like he thinks he's still in Florida.  Maybe he is.  Wheeler has had more lucky, bad angle goals than anyone.  Take them away and he has maybe two.  Seguin is a wildchild - incredible when the opportunities present themselves but not able to predict them or generate them enough to have the impact he eventually will.  Bergeron still can't shoot the puck the way he did before his injury.  He's lost both velocity and accuracy.

Right now, they're not a good team playing sleepy hockey, they're a mediocre team with the potential to play better.  That's a subtle difference but if you think of them that way, it changes your opinion of the way they should be handled - not "turn all that talent loose" but "coax out that potential".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

TryToBearIt,
    You may be right this is not a Stanley Cup contender but if you recall last season the way it went down I didn't think they could make it to 2nd round and then just like magic a bunch of these players stepped in. Totally man handled the Sabres and if it weren't for Krejci's injury, Thomas hip and no center to step in the place of Krejci they would have won against the Flyers. Stepping in should've been Savvy just was not healthy enough and Whitfield just doesn't cut it. 
    I would like to think that this season they would be better prepared at center if something like that were to happen.
    The same can go for the Habs,  besides Halak,  you had guys lighting it up on the score board to give their keeper that cushion. Nobody would have thought the Habs going to the Conference final the way they made it into the playoffs.
    All this to say that there's a reason why people say the playoffs is another season, a different beast ,  anything can happen ,  just make it in.  You just cannot predict what team will be in the playoffs therefore not being a Stanley cup contender now can completely change come the playoffs.

BB good read .  I think the bear is hibernating,  come spring time that's another story when it awakes.  I just hope the little bear in them is good enough to get them in a good position till the big bear awakes. Tha might explain the 60min thing.  BB does it stand for BooBoo Bear .  LOL
    I think your from the Ottawa area and I know for a fact that Ottawa fans cannot stand Bob Cole and his homerism , I think that's why he's not doing the Leafs games as much.  I remember him in those playoff years Sens-Leafs ,  not only was he bias but half the time he didn't know what he was talking about.  I loved how an Ottawa radio station would make fun of all his calls. Funny stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts