Bruins Confident Heading into Final 25-Game Stretch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins Confident Heading into Final 25-Game Stretch

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=706077

Adam McQuaid Feeling Good; Reilly Smith Returns to Practice

At the conclusion of Saturday’s practice, defenseman Adam McQuaid – who missed a chunk of time prior to the Olympic break with his leg injury - offered some updates on his condition.

McQuaid said that while no date has been set for his return to game action, the goal was to have him skating by the time the Olympic break ended, and that has been accomplished.
    “We’re taking the right steps, and things are going as planned right now,” he said.

McQuaid added that he feels like his progress has been good, and right now, it’s just about getting back into game shape. “I mean, I feel good,” he said. “You know my wind and stuff feels good. It’s just kind of getting used to being in situations, and even just kind of getting your hands back. You know, it’s a quick game, and getting used to tempo and making plays at high speed. So it’s more about just shaking the rust.”

“I think he’s still working his way back in,” Jarvis said of McQuaid. “My understanding is he’ll skate [Sunday] on his own, and we will continue to work with him. I see it being, from what I understand, a day-to-day scenario as we move along. We’ll see how he keeps improving.” Forward Reilly Smith, who missed Friday’s practice due to illness, returned on Saturday."

For some reason it just felt like more than 25 games left. Wednesday against Buffalo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Bruins Confident Heading into Final 25-Game Stretch

PC's got his work cut out for him in the next ten days looking for a capable d-man....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Adam McQuaid Feeling Good; Reilly Smith Returns to Practice

At the conclusion of Saturday’s practice, defenseman Adam McQuaid – who missed a chunk of time prior to the Olympic break with his leg injury - offered some updates on his condition.

McQuaid said that while no date has been set for his return to game action, the goal was to have him skating by the time the Olympic break ended, and that has been accomplished.
    “We’re taking the right steps, and things are going as planned right now,” he said.

McQuaid added that he feels like his progress has been good, and right now, it’s just about getting back into game shape. “I mean, I feel good,” he said. “You know my wind and stuff feels good. It’s just kind of getting used to being in situations, and even just kind of getting your hands back. You know, it’s a quick game, and getting used to tempo and making plays at high speed. So it’s more about just shaking the rust.”

“I think he’s still working his way back in,” Jarvis said of McQuaid. “My understanding is he’ll skate [Sunday] on his own, and we will continue to work with him. I see it being, from what I understand, a day-to-day scenario as we move along. We’ll see how he keeps improving.” Forward Reilly Smith, who missed Friday’s practice due to illness, returned on Saturday."

For some reason it just felt like more than 25 games left. Wednesday against Buffalo.

You're right, San. The break has given me a halfway kinda vibe. Meanwhile we're almost into March and 25 games doesn't seem like that many.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Back to hockey, its been a long wait but looking forward to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

You're right, San. The break has given me a halfway kinda vibe. Meanwhile we're almost into March and 25 games doesn't seem like that many.

The condensed schedule is going to be hectic for sure. Over very quickly which wilol be fun.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

The condensed schedule is going to be hectic for sure. Over very quickly which wilol be fun.

Will need Ochocinco doing his part,need him to step up with all the back to backs.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Will need Ochocinco doing his part,need him to step up with all the back to backs.

• You have or haven't been satisfied with Johnson's efforts ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You have or haven't been satisfied with Johnson's efforts ?

I have.I think in his starts he has played really well and the B's will need more of the same as the games get more important for the other teams.Other than the 2 "reacharound" goals that was an issue earlier on,that problem seems to have been rectified.He has actually kept the B's in a couple games that they could have been behind a few goals until they got going.The Bruins will be counting on him. 

I agree and I think that Johnson should get quite a few starts during the stretch run.

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

PC's got his work cut out for him in the next ten days looking for a capable d-man....

Careful there are many that think the Bs are just fine with the lineup they have now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

I agree and I think that Johnson should get quite a few starts during the stretch run.

Starting Wed.in Buffalo. You know Miller and Enroth will be well rested...

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

Good give Tuukka a rest, I don't want him overworked.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sandog, I think you are correct on Ochcinco.  The Bs only have to play .500 to be over 100 points.  Given the fact the NHL awards losers a point it is almost guaranteed the Bs will finish in the top 4.  Let him play along while giving rest to players like Tuukka, Chara, Bergy, etc.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

Good give Tuukka a rest, I don't want him overworked.

You must be baiting me.  Yes lets baby the 7 million dollar wonder as we battle for top spot.  Maybe if the playoffs are back to back he can rest as well.  If he doesnt start in 20 of the last 25 void that contract.  

Overworked.  That cracks me up.  Wouldnt want him overworked and overpaid at the same time.   

I love you san

•  

In response to islamorada's comment:

Sandog, I think you are correct on Ochcinco.  The Bs only have to play .500 to be over 100 points.  Given the fact the NHL awards losers a point it is almost guaranteed the Bs will finish in the top 4.  Let him play along while giving rest to players like Tuukka, Chara, Bergy, etc. 

No matter what happens Tuukka is by far better than Price by a Nova Scotia country mile!

Maritimers eat baby seals

• Sections
    Shortcuts