In response to FanBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FanBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thread reads "Defense", not "Goaltending".

If Rask's own defense don't deflect pucks in off their skates he would have won a Cup last year, and be on the way to another one this year.

Blaming Rask is the easy way out.

The Rangers had Lundqvist in net against the Bruins in last year's playoff, why didn't the Rags win?

[/QUOTE]

This Ranger team is a lot better than last season.

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't explain anything. They had Lundqvist. What was the problem?

[/QUOTE]

He's not a very good goal scorer.

[/QUOTE]

He's not supposed to score. Why did they not win?

[/QUOTE]

I dont know but the real question is why did the Bruins not beat Montreal,one of main reasons was Rask not the only reason but a very big part of it,yeah Bruin defence made some mistakes,and when they did they all ended up in the net.I just don't think he is the so called money goalie,hope I'm wrong,but so far what I've seen from him in the play offs especially in the big games when Bruins are facing elimination,not so much.

[/QUOTE]

If you think Rask is to blame: call PC and ask him to get rid of Tuukka, at all costs.

[/QUOTE]
    I'm not Stanley don't have any connections.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins Defense in Big Games

Rask career playoff Stats: 28wins 19losses 5so 2.11 gaa  .930sv%

Backstopped the team to at least the second round every year he has started and took his team to game 6 of the SCF.

Few goalies currently in the league compare....moving on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Looking at this year; if someone had told me that Seidenberg would be out and Chara would be noticeably injured, I would not predict them to get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

As for the other years...I don't know.  They do do seem guilty of sitting back on a lead sometimes.  It's puzzling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As for the other years...I don't know.  They do do seem guilty of sitting back on a lead sometimes.  It's puzzling.

[/QUOTE]

This is only relevant if compared to other teams. While I am too lazy to do this, I would surmise that the B's are not the only ones to blow leads or series and are actually very comparable relative to other teams.

What I do know is this: since 2009 this team has been competitive in the playoffs, has made the finals 2 of the last 3 years, and still has its core intact to make more runs in the foreseeable future.

In the end, this is all that really matters...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Blaming Rask is stupid. The goals he gave up were by and large A+ scoring chances, created by bad turnovers or poor defense. Rask made more high-quality saves than Price throughout the series but was called upon far more often to make them.

I think there's a component of Julien's system here to blame as well. The wingers do not cross a certain point (faceoff dots) in their defensive end, ever, no matter what, and you could see that a lot when the puck was RIGHT THERE and they didn't move for it. They basically play a zone defense and as in other sports you can find the "soft spots" in the zone and exploit it. Montreal did that well, and they created plays that forced the young defensemen to make bad decisions.

This is the one area that some "blame" CJ: the Habs at times solved the system, and the Bruins failed to adjust. But let's be honest (and this speaks to the "Bruins need to be faster" mantra): the Bruins are who they are, and no matter how much we all may have wanted them to "be faster" against Montreal, they stuck with what brought them success all season long. 

I can see this very same team - with a healthy Seidenberg and Kelly, perhaps a change or two elsewhere - once again being a favorite for the SCF next year, with the same system and another year of experience for the young players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What I like the most about this team is how we get to talk about them contending for the cup every year. It's never a question about whether or not they make the play-offs. It's how far will they go in them. There's probably 2 hand fulls of teams in the league that have that distinction. I see no issue here. It's always going to be a disappointment when they lose, but if you look at the overall picture they're chasing the hardest championship to win in all of sports. I love this team! I love being spoiled! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I like the most about this team is how we get to talk about them contending for the cup every year. It's never a question about whether or not they make the play-offs. It's how far will they go in them. There's probably 2 hand fulls of teams in the league that have that distinction. I see no issue here. It's always going to be a disappointment when they lose, but if you look at the overall picture they're chasing the hardest championship to win in all of sports. I love this team! I love being spoiled! 

[/QUOTE]

Bingo...well said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I said last year that Tuukka wasn't clutch and that 7M was too large of a cap hit for a team that only needs a system goalie. Fast forward to this year, Tuukka chokes again and Chad Johnson had great regular season stats for 600K. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I swear i didnt create Archer1.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"Tuukka chokes again"....man...I love Bruins fans...

Even you have to laugh at that shupe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Johnson>Rask? Oh boy.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes i get a chuckle from most on here...even the trolls.  But i sure do hate his contract.  Especially when we try and replace guys.  I think PC will have a busy summer.  I just hate we had to trade seguin(not totally against trade but would rather have TS) and now more guys off current roster to help balance out that contract.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Johnson>Rask? Oh boy.......

[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny.  Johnson will get a back uo gig and tank.  Our system makes good goalie stats 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now thats funny.  Johnson will get a back uo gig and tank.  Our system makes good goalie stats 

[/QUOTE]

Yup. He will get his payday (more than 600k that's for sure). Best of luck to him....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes i get a chuckle from most on here...even the trolls.  But i sure do hate his contract.  Especially when we try and replace guys.  I think PC will have a busy summer.  I just hate we had to trade seguin(not totally against trade but would rather have TS) and now more guys off current roster to help balance out that contract.  

[/QUOTE]

For all the times an average goalie leads a team to a Cup, there are at least 4 examples of teams not advancing because of that same average goaltending. Think the Bruins would have done better without Rask but instead a lesser talent and cash to spend on some more depth up front? I don't. Didn't work for Anaheim, San Jose, St. Louis, Pittsburgh this year and all the other legit Cup contenders in past years who got bounced in part because of average or below-average goaltending. It's the price you pay for security and to move on to other areas. We would be even more ripped as fans if the team was stronger up front but there was an unproven between the pipes. We'd all be crying to upgrade "the most important" position...oh but don't pay for it? It's just a silly argument, which I suppose is why we're still having it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Looking at this year; if someone had told me that Seidenberg would be out and Chara would be noticeably injured, I would not predict them to get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

U were aware of seides injury and u still wantef mtl

[/QUOTE]

Today, tomorrow, and the next day marco.  I wish they could play them again sooner than next year.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Today, tomorrow, and the next day marco.  I wish they could play them again sooner than next year.  

[/QUOTE]

First game of the season would be nice...too bad it won't happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Never did I say Rask was the public enemy number 1. I did say that if the defense was not injured or filled with rookies then the Bs would have fared better. I do know that a solid defense means the offense is more productive. Soooooo...........................the boat you are now floating is your own.  It has a hole in the bottom btw. 

"Don't judge me monkey" 

Sections
Shortcuts