Bruins Depth Chart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Bruins Depth Chart

If Smith or Fraser can't push for a spot this season at 21 and 22, and after some time the AHL, the trade was a bad one.  Between them, Caron and Spooner, with Kokolachev and outside shot, one of the young players should be on the third line with Kelly and Soderberg.  They are all able to play right wing if it means playing in the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to Army2LT's comment:

[QUOTE]

Maybe Alexander Khokhlachev or Ryan Spooner will be able to crack the line up.

where? both lefties. both centers. both definitely can't play the off wing (RW, where they need the help)

[/QUOTE]

Is it possible CJ might look at guys other than Kelly for center? Like these guys and/or Soderberg?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Army2LT's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lucic – Krejci – Iginla
    Marchand – Bergeron – Eriksson
    Soderberg – Kelly – Smith
    Paille – Campbell – Thornton

Or is that more like it?

Isn't Eriksson better of as a LW though?

This was what I was thinking. I think Soderberg will get some time to prove himself, and if he can't the best rookie will probably take over.

[/QUOTE]

what makes you think that? (go umass)

[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair Soderberg was thrown into the thick of things after playing his entire professional career in Sweden. I'd expect that unles he's completely atrocious during the pre-season that he would get a spot in the lineup to show if he can play at this level. If he can't the best guy in Providence probably gets the call (sort of like they did with Bourque this past season).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

If Smith or Fraser can't push for a spot this season at 21 and 22, and after some time the AHL, the trade was a bad one.  Between them, Caron and Spooner, with Kokolachev and outside shot, one of the young players should be on the third line with Kelly and Soderberg.  They are all able to play right wing if it means playing in the NHL.

OC, Fraser is actually a left shooting RW so I think he's got the best shot at taking the spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:[QUOTE]

Lucic – Krejci – Iginla

Replace Smith with Fraser and that would be the lineup I expect to see on opening night.

It will be a good battle between Spooner and Fraser but I think the bigger more experienced Fraser wins the spot.

[/QUOTE]

Based on GP, the Stars had Smith ahead of Fraser 38-12.  That makes me think Smith is the favorite for a top-9 spot.

Competition is a such great thing, though.  Soderberg, Smith, Fraser, Spooner, Caron maybe even Knight & Camara or even Cunningham or Camper all in the mix fighting for spots in the top-12.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

If Smith or Fraser can't push for a spot this season at 21 and 22, and after some time the AHL, the trade was a bad one. 

The prospects were traded for Seguin or Eriksson ?

I don't think PC will dump the prospects if they don't cut it this upcoming season. I fully expect Spooner, KoKo, Fraser and Reilly will struggle at times in the NHL.

I expect Seguin to breakout at some point in Dallas and that will lead to many believing PC failed no matter how well the prospects play. Both are certain to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Lucic – Krejci – Iginla

Replace Smith with Fraser and that would be the lineup I expect to see on opening night.

It will be a good battle between Spooner and Fraser but I think the bigger more experienced Fraser wins the spot. [/QUOTE]

Based on GP, the Stars had Smith ahead of Fraser 38-12.  That makes me think Smith is the favorite for a top-9 spot.

Competition is a such great thing, though.  Soderberg, Smith, Fraser, Spooner, Caron maybe even Knight & Camara or even Cunningham or Camper all in the mix fighting for spots in the top-12. [/QUOTE]

4th line duty with Dallas with some spot duty on the 3rd here n there. If he surpasses Fraser fine by me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

playing a bit in junior, in a league you've dominated is one thing, being a rookie in the NHL and playing hte off wing is quite different. When was the last time the bruins put a rookie in a semi permanent role on the off wing. 

Here's a pretty good rule to live by:  If you make a statement about the OHL, and someone who watches a lot of OHL hockey corrects you, accept it and move on.

This sort of retort is silly.  Can you have any more variables in there?  "When was the last time A put B in a C on a D?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]

Lucic – Krejci – Iginla

It will be a good battle between Spooner and Fraser but I think the bigger more experienced Fraser wins the spot. [/QUOTE]

Competition is a such great thing, though.  Soderberg, Smith, Fraser, Spooner, Caron maybe even Knight & Camara or even Cunningham or Camper all in the mix fighting for spots in the top-12. [/QUOTE]

4th line duty with Dallas with some spot duty on the 3rd here n there. If he surpasses Fraser fine by me.

[/QUOTE]

Think you've seen both guys play San, any sense as to why the Stars only gave Fraser 13 NHL games over the past two seasons despite 70 goals in the AHL?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Think you've seen both guys play San, any sense as to why the Stars only gave Fraser 13 NHL games over the past two seasons despite 70 goals in the AHL?

I've never seen him play, but I have been trying to trade for him in NHL '13 for a month.  Dallas won't give him up for next to nothing so it's a no-go!

But seriously, on TSN out of TO today, the report said, Button said his AHL play wouldn't translate well to the NHL game.  How that is determined, I'm not sure, but apparently that's part of the reasoning.  Maybe he has Chris Bourque-itis?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've never seen him play, but I have been trying to trade for him in NHL '13 for a month.  Dallas won't give him up for next to nothing so it's a no-go!

But seriously, on TSN out of TO today, the report said, Button said his AHL play wouldn't translate well to the NHL game.  How that is determined, I'm not sure, but apparently that's part of the reasoning.  Maybe he has Chris Bourque-itis?

[/QUOTE]

Funny because Button loves Reilly Smith.  Thinks he can be a 25 goal-man in the NHL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lucic – Krejci – Iginla

It will be a good battle between Spooner and Fraser but I think the bigger more experienced Fraser wins the spot.

[/QUOTE]

Competition is a such great thing, though.  Soderberg, Smith, Fraser, Spooner, Caron maybe even Knight & Camara or even Cunningham or Camper all in the mix fighting for spots in the top-12.

[/QUOTE]

Crowls, the games played can be a bit deceptive in this case due to organizational needs. Dallas may have just felt their lineup contained enough jam and would be better served to include the more offensive minded Smith instead. I just have a feeling that Fraser's skill set will be more useful in CJ's system. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to Remi72's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't know...I wonder if Thornton is too old now to play the enforcer role. And, he slowed down last season.

Yeah, was thinking the same... never recovered from the knockout/concussion.

[/QUOTE]

Camara should take his place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

"God I love the Bruins."

The depth chart looks so far pretty good :

Looch Krejci Iginla

March Bergy Erikson

Paille Kelly ??????

??????  Campbell  Thorn

Chara Boys

Sieds Hamilton

Krug McQuaid

Bartowski

Rask (sign him is next move 5.6 mill left on cap space can get it done)

Johnson

Sverberg

??????? spots - caron smith spooner knight soderberg

??????? ufa 's - cleary and daugavins can be possible signings

extra d help if can sign redden to a two way deal

So far PC did get the spots filled for seguin and horton, both can be / are 30 goal scorers and are establish NHL players

marchand looch iginla erikson are the main goal scorers for the top 2 lines

Next season will be a full schedule, with the Red Wings in the eastern mix will be a team that can excalate in the east making it tougher for teams making the 6 7 8 playoff spot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

playing a bit in junior, in a league you've dominated is one thing, being a rookie in the NHL and playing hte off wing is quite different. When was the last time the bruins put a rookie in a semi permanent role on the off wing. 

So what you're saying is that a rookie definitely can't play it even though...............he's played it. 

Makes sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

i've lost track of Ryder, is he still on Chias radar ? i really think Kelly would get somrthing going  playing with Ryder and Soderberg on the 3rd line.

Lucic – Krejci – Iginla
    Soderberg – Kelly – Ryder

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

sorry guys, didn't know that Ryder had signed with the Devils Embarassed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Boyes and Brunner are still available... I could see PC making a depth pickup still

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BopGun9. Show BopGun9's posts

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Soderberg adjusting to the NHL and making an impact.  He looked a step or two behind, which is ok if you possess the skills or creativity to make plays, which I didn't see much of. 

Looking forward to rookie camp. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here's a pretty good rule to live by:  If you make a statement about the OHL, and someone who watches a lot of OHL hockey corrects you, accept it and move on.

This sort of retort is silly.  Can you have any more variables in there?  "When was the last time A put B in a C on a D?"

I wasn't refuting that they played wing a bit in the OHL. My comment never even insinuated that. So I don't really know what you're talking about. Of course chowdah knows more about the O than me. My original statement was expressing my theory that the bruins definitely wouldn't throw a rookie in at the off wing. It's setting them up for failure. relax

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

So what you're saying is that a rookie definitely can't play it even though...............he's played it. 

Makes sense.

i'm saying the bruins have a record of taking it slow with rookies, and trying to make it an easy adjustment. throwing them into a unfamiliar position (they've played it, but it's probably their third position)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

4th line duty with Dallas with some spot duty on the 3rd here n there. If he surpasses Fraser fine by me.[/QUOTE]

Think you've seen both guys play San, any sense as to why the Stars only gave Fraser 13 NHL games over the past two seasons despite 70 goals in the AHL? [/QUOTE]

Reilly didn't stand out to me on the 4th line but to Dallas's credit they were giving him a chance. Saw a ton of Fraser in Austin, his game doesn't suit the 4th line as he has a better shot and release than Reilly Smith.

The goals that Fraser scored in the WHL and AHL are what translates to him being on the 3rd line instead of the 4th.  If PC is now looking to transition Thornton off the 4th line then Reilly and Camara should get a look.

Reilly doesn't drop them so if Julien is looking to put Paille permanently on the 3rd line, Reilly might be that guy to go on the 4th while Camara has a year of AHL seasoning.

If i'm Fraser, Spooner, Reilly, Camara and Paille coming into camp I have to be thinking about the "tin foil" so to speak. Two spots are up for grabs!

Sections
Shortcuts