Bruins Didn't Want Seguin Drinking Late - His Father

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Bruins Didn't Want Seguin Drinking Late - His Father

Paul Seguin provides a more rational perspective to the situation confirming his son digs the night life and sometimes is out until 2 or 3 in the morning and that his appearances were tweeted out - which the Bruins didn't like when they found out about it.  He says his son never stayed out late before games - only after Saturday games when the team didn't play the next day.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/07/05/tyler_seguins_mom_lashes_out_at_boston_media_over_partying_reports.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Bruins Didn't Want Seguin Drinking Late - His Father

Don't care what he does off the ice. I wish him well, just not against the Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Don't care what he does off the ice. I wish him well, just not against the Bruins.

As long as it doesn't impact what he does on the ice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

a lot of class shown by Tyler's dad....

too bad PC couldn't do the same by not calling out the kid in public....

no problem with the trade though....

ā€œPeople think common sense is common - but it's not.ā€

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I remember back in the 80's going to Daisy Buchanans on Newbury St., many of the Bruins hung out there.  One night I remember Ken Linseman could barely walk out of the place.  So, this stuff has been going on for years and it continues today.  It doesn't bother me in the least if they're out til 3 AM as long as they don't have a game the next day.  

How much this all came into play when PC made his decision will never be known though.  The bottom line is that it was PC's call and he made it.  As fans we have to live with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Tyler thought he was Derek Sanderson-lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernsox. Show southernsox's posts

Turk Jr., sounds about right, he was loved in boston though!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

One night I remember Ken Linseman could barely walk out of the place.  So, this stuff has been going on for years and it continues today.

I remember Beers, Joyce, Miller and Bob Sweeney down on the Cape during the summer. Absolute souse's and your right it isn't going to change.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

One night I remember Ken Linseman could barely walk out of the place.  So, this stuff has been going on for years and it continues today.

I remember Beers, Joyce, Miller and Bob Sweeney down on the Cape during the summer. Absolute souse's and your right it isn't going to change.

It seems some of us have witnessed something along these lines.  Years ago here in Toronto there used to be a place downtown called Pat 'N Mario's.  Kind of a bar/steak joint.  Had pool tables.  Foosball.  Usually a live band that played blues, rock and soul.  Might have been in 1984 or '85 some friends and I are there and we see the captain of the Leafs at the time, Ricky Vaive and Leaf defenseman Bjore Salming. 

There was a crowd of mostly women velcroed to them.  By the bobbing and nodding of their heads both guys were blathered.  Of course this was waaaaay before texting, camera phones and tweets so you never heard about it.  Doesn't make it right but it does go on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

It seems some of us have witnessed something along these lines.  Years ago here in Toronto there used to be a place downtown called Pat 'N Mario's.  Kind of a bar/steak joint.  Had pool tables.  Foosball.  Usually a live band that played blues, rock and soul.  Might have been in 1984 or '85 some friends and I are there and we see the captain of the Leafs at the time, Ricky Vaive and Leaf defenseman Bjore Salming. 

There was a crowd of mostly women velcroed to them.  By the bobbing and nodding of their heads both guys were blathered.  Of course this was waaaaay before texting, camera phones and tweets so you never heard about it.  Doesn't make it right but it does go on.

But there is a BIG difference - you cannot do these things during the playoffs. It affects the teams chances during a Stanley Cup run and shows a total disrespect for your team mates.

Just because Vaive and Salming (and Sanderson and Cheevers) did it then, doesn't make it correct or acceptable in today's NHL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Keywords: during the summer - not during the SC Playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

But there is a BIG difference - you cannot do these things during the playoffs. It affects the teams chances during a Stanley Cup run and shows a total disrespect for your team mates.

Just because Vaive and Salming (and Sanderson and Cheevers) did it then, doesn't make it correct or acceptable in today's NHL.

I agree, Dav.  And this B's team isn't Party Central.  These guys just don't seem to Fxxx around at all.  I'm sure they're not 100% business at all times, but they don't seem to be the close the joint down often type of team. 

While I'm sure they have great personalities, think quickly:  Outside of directly after a goal or the final seconds of a victory, have you ever seen Bergeron, Krejci, or Chara smile? 

If teammates tell you to knock it off then the GM tells you to knock it off and you don't knock it off, better book your plane ticket.  See ya.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lets not forget the incident in Winnipeg. He overslept, but apparently, it was frequent and his teammates would go get him. Not this time. Even his roommate on the road left him sleeping in his room and fellow team members refused to go get him.

From what I understand, players have spoken to him, management spoke to him and even reached out to his parents and agent.

He failed to get the message, or just didnt care.

So he was shown the door.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Lets not forget the incident in Winnipeg. He overslept, but apparently, it was frequent and his teammates would go get him. Not this time. Even his roommate on the road left him sleeping in his room and fellow team members refused to go get him.

From what I understand, players have spoken to him, management spoke to him and even reached out to his parents and agent.

He failed to get the message, or just didnt care.

So he was shown the door.

Sounds like a self-inflicted wound, kel. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

I'm with you, Dav.  From every angle it's a selfish act especially in light of the team needing everyone, especially someone as skilled as he has occasionally shown, to be at optimum performance with the stakes as high as they were.  The Bruins don't need someone seemingly more concerned with their own interests regardless of the others. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Tyler thought he was Derek Sanderson-lol

Yea, but there was one big difference.  Sanderson could do both well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I'm with you, Dav.  From every angle it's a selfish act especially in light of the team needing everyone, especially someone as skilled as he has occasionally shown, to be at optimum performance with the stakes as high as they were.  The Bruins don't need someone seemingly more concerned with their own interests regardless of the others. 

I agree, RHO.  If he were leading the team in scoring, that would be a different story, but when things aren't going so well, you gotta buckle down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zebep57. Show zebep57's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:[QUOTE]  One night I remember Ken Linseman could barely walk out of the place.  So, this stuff has been going on for years and it continues today.

[/QUOTE]
    Jay owns a Bar on the Cape . I've been there before ,nice place

Sections
Shortcuts