Bruins Early Report Cards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Bruins Early Report Cards

In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards:
    [QUOTE]I said during the summer that a) they needed more goalscoring b) other teams have done more to improve (like the Flyers and and c) we needed a new PP coach. Posters like Dez said I was totally wrong. It's early yet but boy am I looking like the smart one now   ; - )
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    a) every team needs/wants more goals- very profound b) how much improving does a stanley cup winning team need? they kept the team together, how is that a bad thing? c) this one you're probally right on... as for your last comment, get back to us in april... i'm sure you'll sound awfully foolish- dude it's been 4 GAMES!!!! get a grip 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

adkbsfan, they did NOT keep the same team. Ryder and Recchi, two playoff heros, are gone. How are they the same team?????? That's about a quarter of the offensive core. I guess you're being foolish, eh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]adkbsfan, they did NOT keep the same team. Ryder and Recchi, two playoff heros, are gone. How are they the same team?????? That's about a quarter of the offensive core. I guess you're being foolish, eh?
    foolish is making knee-jerk reactions after 4 games. i would call returning 17 of the 20 stanley cup winners is pretty much the same team. the hawks didn't return the same team last year, there's a BIG difference between 17 returning and less than 10. the team chemistry is there, they're just not burying their chances right now. bunch of chicken littles..."THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING". jeepers creepers 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Mark my words adk, the B's will soon realize there's not enough pop in this year's lineup (something I knew as soon as they lost Ryder and Recchi) and will trade some assets, or sign, a legitimate sniper. Like I said, they should have made a play for Jagr. He'd sure look good now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

In Response to Bruins Early Report Cards:
    [QUOTE]Krejci C                Caron F                    Ferrence C Lucic C                Kelly D                      McQuaid B Horton D               Paille B                     Seidenberg A Seguin A              Campbell C                Thomas A Marchand A          Thorton D                  Rask Bergeron A           Corvo B Peverly B              Boychuck A Puoilot B Chara B Funny Puoilot got moved up tonight and Peverly shifted. We have been saying this for while. Seguin Clearly best player on the ice. 
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Chara B? No. D. Chara D. Horrible passing. Losing pucks and wasting possessions all over the place. Minimal physical presence. Got smoked for a big goal and otherwise has been decent defensively at best.

Good call on Paille, although I'll give him the '+' for consistency so Paille B+. Time for Dan to get a chance to play a bigger role where possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Why are you still here?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

'Cause I love you guys, man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : No, we take solace in the fact that we are Stanley Cup champs. Strange you'd forget the beating so easily. You're seeming pretty smug for someone who's a Canucks fan. Remember this little attempted dig of yours the next time your crying about why no one here gives you any respect when your "just talking hockey".
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ooh, a bit sensitive, aren't we?

Here's all of you guys calling out players and coaches for "not realizing it's not the pre-season anymore", and handing out "Fs" for effort after four games, and I make one tiny remark (not that bad, really), and I get jumped.

It's only four games, relax. 

Here in VanCity, Luo looks like a sieve, and the crazies here already have him traded/contract bought out/driven from the city with pitchforks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards:[QUOTE]I can't help thinking, we would have gotten at least 1 point tonight had Caron not coughed up the puck right in front of TT trying to stick handle it out of the zone. Rookie mistake, granted... but still brutal to watch.Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Blaming one player for a loss is for the the Red Sox board. I would never blame one mistake to a loss in any sport. Big difference and why I always laugh at pin heads who blamed Bill Buckner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Ooh, a bit sensitive, aren't we? Here's all of you guys calling out players and coaches for "not realizing it's not the pre-season anymore", and handing out "Fs" for effort after four games, and I make one tiny remark (not that bad, really), and I get jumped. It's only four games, relax.  Here in VanCity, Luo looks like a sieve, and the crazies here already have him traded/contract bought out/driven from the city with pitchforks.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    when is the riot scheduled?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : when is the riot scheduled?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Tonight, after the Canucks' expected loss to the Wings.  You comin'?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

wouldn't miss it for the world. check that... i may just sit home with a twelver and watch game 7 over and over and over and over......it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside- or that could be the beer

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lots of reasons for the slow start - not "grades" per se, but reasons - if you consider that only 5 guys on the team have goals.  Two guys on your second line, two guys who have played first line C, and Paille.  Not one goal from the D (though...didn't McQuaid get one...?), half your top six are goal-less, and 5 of your bottom six - six of seven including Caron.

Point being that this team is built around depth scoring (see Chiarelli's comment at the Peverley signing that he sees three equal lines), so continually putting more of the burden on Lucic, Horton is missing the point.  Team wide, they're just not finishing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I said during the summer that a) they needed more goalscoring b) other teams have done more to improve (like the Flyers and and c) we needed a new PP coach. Posters like Dez said I was totally wrong. It's early yet but boy am I looking like the smart one now   ; - )
    Since you've decided to call me out by name, you should have no trouble providing proof of where I said anything even remotely in defense of Ward and the PP. Hey, we're all capable of making up a story and then claiming to be smart as a result. It's just that most people have more respect for themselves. Believe me, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than just you saying it, for people to think you're one of the "smart ones" around here. I've personally never felt the need to tell anybody that I was smart. If you're truly smart, people will already know it. You telling everyone that you're smart is almost as funny as 49north telling everyone that he's not a jerk. Both statements are easily debated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Ooh, a bit sensitive, aren't we? Here's all of you guys calling out players and coaches for "not realizing it's not the pre-season anymore", and handing out "Fs" for effort after four games, and I make one tiny remark (not that bad, really), and I get jumped. It's only four games, relax.  Here in VanCity, Luo looks like a sieve, and the crazies here already have him traded/contract bought out/driven from the city with pitchforks.
    As stated, remember this the next time you're crying about getting "jumped". If by sensitive you mean unwilling to accept a dig from a fan of the Canucks(who were embarrassed in Finals) than yes, I am sensitive. I hope it doesn't take you guys decades to get back to the Finals again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : As stated, remember this the next time you're crying about getting "jumped". If by sensitive you mean unwilling to accept a dig from a fan of the Canucks(who were embarrassed in Finals) than yes, I am sensitive. I hope it doesn't take you guys decades to get back to the Finals again.

Have you noticed that I've changed my icon from the highly offensive Canucks logo to the much more tasteful shot of Antelope Canyon (taken by me, I might add)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Have you noticed that I've changed my icon from the highly offensive Canucks logo to the much more tasteful shot of Antelope Canyon (taken by me, I might add)?

You keep forgetting that regular season is your cup.  In case your memory has lost its ways we will always have history together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGGHDRybnE

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : You keep forgetting that regular season is your cup.  In case your memory has lost its ways we will always have history together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGGHDRybnE
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this statement. 

Do you think, for one second, that the President's Cup means more to me than a Championship?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : I don't understand this statement.  Do you think, for one second, that the President's Cup means more to me than a Championship?

I am saying its all your team wins.  Great regular season and then fold up the tents. 
    I have no idea how your team is going anywhere with Loungo.   There has to be someone out there willing to take him.  I keep going back to the Oilers.  Gagner/BulinWall(to be released upon arrival) and a 2nd rounder for Loungo.   Helps both teams.  
    I don't think Van will ever win the cup with Luongo in net.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : I am saying its all your team wins.  Great regular season and then fold up the tents.  I have no idea how your team is going anywhere with Loungo.   There has to be someone out there willing to take him.  I keep going back to the Oilers.  Gagner/BulinWall(to be released upon arrival) and a 2nd rounder for Loungo.   Helps both teams.   I don't think Van will ever win the cup with Luongo in net.   

Don't tell this poor nucks the truth shupe you might cause another riot. I don't think you want that blood on your hands do you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Don't tell this poor nucks the truth shupe you might cause another riot. I don't think you want that blood on your hands do you?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Europe is closer to NS than BC is.  I will risk it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

All the evidence points to you being correct. 

However, Lou has progressed in recent years, from not being able to get past the Hawks, to winning three rounds and losing in the Finals.  Perhaps he is capable of making the last step.  Perhaps he is capable of learning from past mistakes.  As I've said before, the Bruins learned lessons from 2010, and succeeded in 2011.

On the other hand, perhaps we've already seen the best that he can produce, and the team will need to move on.  MG, AV and LG are smart guys -- I'm assuming they've devised a Plan B in case they feel, at some point in the season, that Lou's not the guy to get them all the way.  CS is a very good goalie, and they have a very solid guy in Chicago (Eddie Lack).  The Edmonton option is an intriguing one, but there's the fact that most teams are loathe to make trades (especially blockbusters) within their division (or even their conference). 

That being said, I've vowed not to take the whole thing so seriously this year.  I've been through the heartbreak of '94, and last June's experience, and a summer's worth of reflection has resulted in me taking a step back, and reducing my emotional investment in the team (and sports in general).  After seeing what happens to a hockey-mad city when disappointment hits, there's a strong case to be made that sports fanaticism can be a very negative thing.  I'll still be very happy if/when the Canucks finally reach the summit, but it won't be the be-all, end-all for me.  I'll probably buy a commemmorative ball cap, and that'll be it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]All the evidence points to you being correct.  However, Lou has progressed in recent years, from not being able to get past the Hawks, to winning three rounds and losing in the Finals.  Perhaps he is capable of making the last step.  Perhaps he is capable of learning from past mistakes.  As I've said before, the Bruins learned lessons from 2010, and succeeded in 2011. On the other hand, perhaps we've already seen the best that he can produce, and the team will need to move on.  MG, AV and LG are smart guys -- I'm assuming they've devised a Plan B in case they feel, at some point in the season, that Lou's not the guy to get them all the way.  CS is a very good goalie, and they have a very solid guy in Chicago (Eddie Lack).  The Edmonton option is an intriguing one, but there's the fact that most teams are loathe to make trades (especially blockbusters) within their division (or even their conference).  That being said, I've vowed not to take the whole thing so seriously this year.  I've been through the heartbreak of '94, and last June's experience, and a summer's worth of reflection has resulted in me taking a step back, and reducing my emotional investment in the team (and sports in general).  After seeing what happens to a hockey-mad city when disappointment hits, there's a strong case to be made that sports fanaticism can be a very negative thing.  I'll still be very happy if/when the Canucks finally reach the summit, but it won't be the be-all, end-all for me.  I'll probably buy a commemmorative ball cap, and that'll be it.

I was the same way.  I could actually feel my blood pressure rise.  Its just not healthy.  Now I enjoy the games and yack in here to blow off negative energy. 

I hate your Nuks so I hope they fail.   But as a fan of hockey I think everyone should get the same joy we had last year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

[QUOTE]Mac, Position Break Down Goalie- TT and Rask both get A's Defense- Chara/Corvo B   Seids/Boy B-  AM/AF C AF has been invisible. Fwds DK/Horton/Lucic- D  Only b/c DK has played well.  Bergie/Marchand/Peverly  B+  Marchand has been excellent and Bergie is Bergie. Seguin/Kelly/Caron B  Seguin has been awesome.  The other 2 not so much. Campy/ST/Paille/Pouliot C-  Their job is to bring energy and not get scored on. They havent done that.  Overall team grade- C  Goalies Defense has been above avg.  Lucic/Horton need to be benched.  Maybe that will spark them.  And do it early.  Make em reailze its a new year. 

Shupe is the man...Great breakdown and no spelling errors.lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Since you've decided to call me out by name, you should have no trouble providing proof of where I said anything even remotely in defense of Ward and the PP. Hey, we're all capable of making up a story and then claiming to be smart as a result. It's just that most people have more respect for themselves. Believe me, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than just you saying it, for people to think you're one of the "smart ones" around here. I've personally never felt the need to tell anybody that I was smart. If you're truly smart, people will already know it. You telling everyone that you're smart is almost as funny as 49north telling everyone that he's not a jerk. Both statements are easily debated.

Dez, I for one know you're smart ! You just have a way of not showing it all the time .