Bruins Early Report Cards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Re: Bruins Early Report Cards

Since you've decided to call me out by name, you should have no trouble providing proof of where I said anything even remotely in defense of Ward and the PP. Hey, we're all capable of making up a story and then claiming to be smart as a result. --Dezaruchi

As all users of this site will attest you have forever extolled the virtues of Tomas Kaberle as a power play QB. Now you say you've never talked the B's PP? And you all summer said the B's are champs and need no more to repeat. I'm just saying you're wrong there. They need another scorer, plain and simple. And know what? They'll go out and get one, soon. And prove you wrong yet again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards:
    [QUOTE]Since you've decided to call me out by name, you should have no trouble providing proof of where I said anything even remotely in defense of Ward and the PP. Hey, we're all capable of making up a story and then claiming to be smart as a result. --Dezaruchi As all users of this site will attest you have forever extolled the virtues of Tomas Kaberle as a power play QB. Now you say you've never talked the B's PP? And you all summer said the B's are champs and need no more to repeat. I'm just saying you're wrong there. They need another scorer, plain and simple. And know what? They'll go out and get one, soon. And prove you wrong yet again.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Find 1 example of where I said this. BTW, you'll have to "prove me wrong" a first time before you'll be able to do it again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dez, you ask me to show  one time where you said the B's have what it takes to repeat, with no additional help?

Well, here ya go--

"Totally agree Loyal. Sure, I'd love to see Boston lead the league from wire to wire but that's just not realistic. As you said, like every other team, they'll have ups and downs. There will be injuries and adversity. Fortunately, the Bruins have now proven to all that they're more than up to the task. "--Dezaruchi

More than up to the task, in your very own words. I love when I'm right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, you ask me to show  one time where you said the B's have what it takes to repeat, with no additional help? Well, here ya go-- "Totally agree Loyal. Sure, I'd love to see Boston lead the league from wire to wire but that's just not realistic. As you said, like every other team, they'll have ups and downs. There will be injuries and adversity. Fortunately, the Bruins have now proven to all that they're more than up to the task. "--Dezaruchi More than up to the task, in your very own words. I love when I'm right.

Yeah lets overreact and make massive changes after 4 games this into the season. When the opposing goalies in the 3 losses had an AVG SV% of 97%. Dez, is right the way this team is built there will be up and downs, seems that they started off with a down.

But I think that after what this team accomplished last year we should be lenient a bit at first with this. Come deadline if the team is only .500 yes add a big name but right now mucking up the team for the sake of winning a few extra OCTOBER games is pointless. CHILL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

No massive changes needed ILH. Just swap a forward who can't score for one who can (ie Caron to the minors and sign/trade for a sniper). That amounts to a small   change, which will make it tougher to defend against our top two lines. About the 97% save percentage, a lot of that is reflective of the B's inability to score as much as a goalie being hot. Ie, the true scorers in the league shoot the puck where the goalie isn't, and not into his crest. Every crest shot increases a goalie'save percentage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]. I love when I'm right.
    How would you know? It's never happenned. Bruins are Stanley Cup Champs. That's the context of the quote you chose to provide. In order for me to be wrong and you to be right, you need to prove Boston isn't up to the task. Feel free to prove this anytime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Macfact -- I'm with you:

Marchand, Bergie and Sequin and call it the first line.

I haven't been real happy with Lucic for a while -- I thought he slept through much of the playoffs, and he's doing it again this year.  I'd put him  on the third line and tell him to start hitting again.  The K line needs energy, and they're not getting it from Lucic.  Maybe Peverly?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]No massive changes needed ILH. Just swap a forward who can't score for one who can (ie Caron to the minors and sign/trade for a sniper). That amounts to a small   change, which will make it tougher to defend against our top two lines. About the 97% save percentage, a lot of that is reflective of the B's inability to score as much as a goalie being hot. Ie, the true scorers in the league shoot the puck where the goalie isn't, and not into his crest. Every crest shot increases a goalie'save percentage.

I'd rather let it play out for a while and see if these guys can get it going. Im referring to Horty/DK/Lucy/Pouliot and Caron. Thats 5 of the top9 slumping should they get it going this team will be fine.

Wait and see make a big move around the deadline when more pieces are available (iggy/doan) rather then make a move now that might not be the best choice. Consider the long view this team has plenty of talent as is to generate offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : I'd rather let it play out for a while and see if these guys can get it going. Im referring to Horty/DK/Lucy/Pouliot and Caron. Thats 5 of the top9 slumping should they get it going this team will be fine. Wait and see make a big move around the deadline when more pieces are available (iggy/doan) rather then make a move now that might not be the best choice. Consider the long view this team has plenty of talent as is to generate offense.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    ILH, didn't you realize that a 1-3 start for Boston proves that OEC is right in every way and that Boston hasn't got the horses to get the job done? I hope I'm being clear with this post as I'm having trouble getting my sarcasm button to work........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Seguin-Bergie-Marchand
    Krejci-Horton-Peverly
    Kelly-Lucic-Pouliot
    Campbell-Thornton-Paille

I like.

While Krecji is out though:

Peverly-Horton-Pouliot
    Kelly-Lucic-Caron

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I would just change Lucic and Horton and to give Krejci room to work I would switch Peverly and Pouliot. I would bring up Mcdermid and put Paille on the third line. While Krejci is hurt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]No massive changes needed ILH. Just swap a forward who can't score for one who can (ie Caron to the minors and sign/trade for a sniper). That amounts to a small   change, which will make it tougher to defend against our top two lines. About the 97% save percentage, a lot of that is reflective of the B's inability to score as much as a goalie being hot. Ie, the true scorers in the league shoot the puck where the goalie isn't, and not into his crest. Every crest shot increases a goalie'save percentage.

Sign a sniper ? Like whom and from where ?

Trade for a sniper ? I don't think there are too many GM's saying " we have too many snipers , let's trade one ".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Sign a sniper ? Like whom and from where ? Trade for a sniper ? I don't think there are too many GM's saying " we have too many snipers , let's trade one ".
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Semin would be available.  heck just about everyone is available.  depends how bad you wanna rip it apart.  I was one that said we need more scoring last year. Well they seemed to score enough to blow out the best defensive team in hockey in the finals.

I will be more than patient with the current lineup.  Prior to the deadline we will have an idea of what we need.  I think our PP will come around.  Wish Chara could hit the net.  I think our scorers will start scoring.  It will happen.  I am not worried.  And nor would I be opposed of switching some of the lines after 10 games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]The only A's should be Seguin, Marchand, Thomas, and Rask. The rest are C's or worse.
    Posted by KJBruinswin[/QUOTE]

Nice job KJ...you get an A for this assessment

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Semin would be available.  heck just about everyone is available.  depends how bad you wanna rip it apart.  I was one that said we need more scoring last year. Well they seemed to score enough to blow out the best defensive team in hockey in the finals. I will be more than patient with the current lineup.  Prior to the deadline we will have an idea of what we need.  I think our PP will come around.  Wish Chara could hit the net.  I think our scorers will start scoring.  It will happen.  I am not worried.  And nor would I be opposed of switching some of the lines after 10 games. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Ahh trade rumours in this day of the internet , you got to love it. Does George McPhee know this too ? If he was available do you not think that McPhee would have traded him by now or to start a new season ? Unless they start to stink I think Semin stays . They are out to win a cup too. And Semin will play a big role in that .

Your ' everybody is available and how bad you wanna rip it apart ' is usually trades that are made by GM's like Milbury and crappy teams who are trying to get better if their drafting fails . Do you see PC doing the same and ripping the team apart to get a sniper ?  I don't . btw  the conversation was present moment .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Ahh trade rumours in this day of the internet , you got to love it. Does George McPhee know this too ? If he was available do you not think that McPhee would have traded him by now or to start a new season ? Unless they start to stink I think Semin stays .

Semin is unrestricted at the end of the season.  He's been accused of dogging it by many on many nights.  His playoffs are very inconsistent.  Last season his production was down.  He's expensive.

Semin getting moved is a very real possibility, especially if he or they stumble out of the block.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Ahh trade rumours in this day of the internet , you got to love it. Does George McPhee know this too ? If he was available do you not think that McPhee would have traded him by now or to start a new season ? Unless they start to stink I think Semin stays . They are out to win a cup too. And Semin will play a big role in that . Your ' everybody is available and how bad you wanna rip it apart ' is usually trades that are made by GM's like Milbury and crappy teams who are trying to get better if their drafting fails . Do you see PC doing the same and ripping the team apart to get a sniper ?  I don't . btw  the conversation was present moment .

Wayne Gretzky was traded.  I don't need any more strength to my argument than that.  When you come back with your rebuttal I will say "Wayne Gretzky was traded!"
    Should end there. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards :  If he was available do you not think that McPhee would have traded him by now or to start a new season ?

Just because a guy is available, it doesn't automatically mean good trade offers are coming.  This holds no water at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I think the over all consensus is that we need someone with playoff experience who has a little fight to his game. Who can be a leader in the locker room. No matter who it is. Shupe please excuse my niave suggestion of Bertuzzi. I think everyone will agree that we have some trade chips in Caron and a few others and we have a deep catalyst of players but the whole Recchi has left is just obvious. We are only losing games by one goal. What that tells me is that we have the talent but need the cohesiveness and push of a Recchi to get them out of bed on and onto the score sheet. Mixing the lines up and making guys work for their assignments is a good start to that. The guys in the lower lines like Puoilot, Marchand, Bergeron, and Seguin are showing their metal becuase they want the top line spots. Don't leave C players on the top lines just becuase they did something last year. We saw how well loyality worked for the Red Sox. Make everyone work for it and not have an expectations. Cup or not it is time even this early for CJ to lay down the law and expect the best or get off the ice. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Semin is unrestricted at the end of the season.  He's been accused of dogging it by many on many nights.  His playoffs are very inconsistent.  Last season his production was down.  He's expensive. Semin getting moved is a very real possibility, especially if he or they stumble out of the block.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

'Unless they stink' means the same as this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Wayne Gretzky was traded.  I don't need any more strength to my argument than that.  When you come back with your rebuttal I will say "Wayne Gretzky was traded!" Should end there. 

Wayne Gretzky wasn't traded 5 games into a new season. How many snipers were traded this early into the season ( which the original comment was about , send Caron down and sign/trade for a sniper ) when expectations are high for every team and they don't know what kind of team they have yet ? 2 weeks in and snipers ( core players) available and traded ? Nope I still stick by my comments.

And I'll even help you out shupe. You might be able to find 1 sniper traded since the cap era started ( I couldn't ).

There is a chance that this could happen . There's also a chance that I stay at NAS' place when I come to Boston.

http://nhltradeshistory.blogspot.com/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Just because a guy is available, it doesn't automatically mean good trade offers are coming.  This holds no water at all.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And neither does you saying that he's available. Unless you and George have a hotline. Tell him I said hello.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : Wayne Gretzky wasn't traded 5 games into a new season. How many snipers were traded this early into the season ( which the original comment was about , send Caron down and sign/trade for a sniper ) when expectations are high for every team and they don't know what kind of team they have yet ? 5 games in and snipers available and traded ? Nope I still stick by my comments. And I'll even help you out shupe. You might be able to find 1 sniper traded since the cap era started ( I couldn't ). Should end there ! http://nhltradeshistory.blogspot.com/

So you changed the rules of the debate.  Good for you.   When is the cut off for games played since you just made new rules.  Anyone is available at any time for the riught price.  I guess I will need to know what a sniper is under your rules as well.  Back in the day 40-50.  Today 20-40?  Just making sure.

This time of year I wouldn't think star players would be getting dealt.  20 Games in more likely leading up to the deadline. 

I will stick with my belief that anyone can be dealt.  Heck some on here likely don't think Gretzky was a sniper.  So maybe thats a bad example.  92 goals in a year.   Phhhf.... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : So you changed the rules of the debate.  Good for you.   When is the cut off for games played since you just made new rules.  Anyone is available at any time for the riught price.  I guess I will need to know what a sniper is under your rules as well.  Back in the day 40-50.  Today 20-40?  Just making sure. This time of year I wouldn't think star players would be getting dealt.  20 Games in more likely leading up to the deadline.  I will stick with my belief that anyone can be dealt.  Heck some on here likely don't think Gretzky was a sniper.  So maybe thats a bad example.  92 goals in a year.   Phhhf.... 

That's bull and you know it . New rules my azz.  You jumped in on my reply to OrrEspoCash which was acquiring a sniper right now by sending down Caron and trading/signing for a sniper.

In case you didn't know right now means ........uhh it means right now. For future reference I'll have to get your parameters to a discussion before I make a reply to someone else on what me and him/her are talking about for the moment.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Early Report Cards : So you changed the rules of the debate.  Good for you.   When is the cut off for games played since you just made new rules.  Anyone is available at any time for the riught price.  I guess I will need to know what a sniper is under your rules as well.  Back in the day 40-50.  Today 20-40?  Just making sure. This time of year I wouldn't think star players would be getting dealt.  20 Games in more likely leading up to the deadline.  I will stick with my belief that anyone can be dealt.  Heck some on here likely don't think Gretzky was a sniper.  So maybe thats a bad example.  92 goals in a year.   Phhhf.... 

Exactly my point I've been making all along. IMO 5 games in is too early for teams to making a big move like that.