Bruins Fight Leaders - Chara & Lucic Where are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins Fight Leaders - Chara & Lucic Where are you?

Lucic leads the team in hits and goals.  If he continues to do that and never drops the gloves again, it's fine with me.

Chara has few people to fight.  He gets into it with many guys, but they're not going to go with him.  The only ones who will are the straight up skating clowns(never want to see this happen) and Hal Gill.  I think Chara's having a spectacular season, doing everything he does without a #2 defeseman beside him...ever. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Listen,

I am the 1st one on here saying that both need to step up the physical aspect of there game.  But I don't think they have to fight.  I think that in certain times they must step fwd as leaders.  And I have no doubt they will. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Other NHL fight stats:

Eric Brewer- 3
    Kovalchuck, Perry, Iginla and Mike Green- 2
    Crosby, Getzlaf, Ryan, Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Tavares, Duchene, Couture- 1

Even Wideman and Sturm have each had a scrap this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Fight Leaders - Chara & Lucic Where are you?:
    Lucic leads the team in hits and goals.  If he continues to do that and never drops the gloves again, it's fine with me. Chara has few people to fight.  He gets into it with many guys, but they're not going to go with him.  The only ones who will are the straight up skating clowns(never want to see this happen) and Hal Gill.  I think Chara's having a spectacular season, doing everything he does without a #2 defeseman beside him...ever. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Lucic is 32nd in the league in hits, just ahead of Ruslan Fedotenko.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Crowls,

Olympic hockey is one of the greatest spectacles in sports and there are zero fights. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

NAS- I agree, college hockey too, but this is the NHL.

IMO, Chara was a more effective player when he played nasty.  He intimidated opposing forwards, who in turn:
    - coughed up the puck with greater frequency
    - are more reluctant to go to the dirty areas
    - are less likely to jam for rebounds and loose pucks

Same thing for Lucic, one of the reasons he has emerged offensively is because of his physical play:
    - pressure forecheck forcing turnovers
    - creating space for himself and linemates

It is my belief that these two don't do enough of what made them unique and successful in the first place, their brand.  That doesn't mean that I think they are playing poorly, just that there is another level to their game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Yes, I think it makes a lot of sense for some cement head lug to take Lucic and Chara off the ice for 5 minutes +.. I can see where that would benefit the Bruins for sure absolutely... I mean he leads the team in  a +19 , plays more minutes than anyone else, best penalty killer , but you want him to sit so he can be more effective?  OK...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

NaS, how can you sleep at nite knowing you endorse a team that has flourished with and revelled in the truculence of the likes of O'Reilly, Neely, Jonathan, Wensink etc. ??? You should change your name here to " The Almighty Anti-Bruin "

Go pour yourself a nice warm glass of soy milk, listen to some oceanic whale music and peace out, dude ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Yes, I think it makes a lot of sense for some cement head lug to take Lucic and Chara off the ice for 5 minutes +.. I can see where that would benefit the Bruins for sure absolutely... I mean he leads the team in  a +19 , plays more minutes than anyone else, best penalty killer , but you want him to sit so he can be more effective?  OK...
    Posted by cowboys9

Great analysis as usual cowboy...

I never advocated that Lucic and Chara fight goons.

I never advocated that Lucic and Chara pick up extra minors to put the Bruins in short-handed situations.

Might make sense to actually read the text so you can better gather your thoughts and weigh in with something constructive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

campbell's an entertaining middleweight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Interesting Hits stats for Lucic and Chara.

Lucic:
    2008-09: 3.64 hits/gp
    2009-10: 2.82 hits/gp
    2010-11: 2.54 hits/gp
    * 30% drop in hits/gp from 08-09 to 10-11

Chara:
    2005-06: 3.15 hits/gp
    2006-07: 2.54 hits/gp
    2007-08: 2.90 hits/gp
    2008-09: 2.11 hits/gp
    2009-10: 1.89 hits/gp
    2010-11: 2.12 hits/gp
    * 29% drop in hits/gp from 05-08 to 08-11

I submit that this is further evidence of my claim that both players have gotten away from what made them successful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Interesting Hits stats for Lucic and Chara. Lucic: 2008-09: 3.64 hits/gp 2009-10: 2.82 hits/gp 2010-11: 2.54 hits/gp * 30% drop in hits/gp from 08-09 to 10-11 Chara: 2005-06: 3.15 hits/gp 2006-07: 2.54 hits/gp 2007-08: 2.90 hits/gp 2008-09: 2.11 hits/gp 2009-10: 1.89 hits/gp 2010-11: 2.12 hits/gp * 29% drop in hits/gp from 05-08 to 08-11 I submit that this is further evidence of my claim that both players have gotten away from what made them successful.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I would say that Lucic is having his best year of his career so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NaS, how can you sleep at nite knowing you endorse a team that has flourished with and revelled in the truculence of the likes of O'Reilly, Neely, Jonathan, Wensink etc. ??? You should change your name here to " The Almighty Anti-Bruin " Go pour yourself a nice warm glass of soy milk, listen to some oceanic whale music and peace out, dude ....
    Posted by Griswal65

I live in the present.  I don't spend too much time thinking about what happened when John Wensink played hockey.  It's a different time, a different game.    When I started watching the Bruins, Wayne Cashman was the captain and the games were fun to watch.  I watched a game today where Zdeno Chara was captain and it was fun to watch.  The boys played hard, threw checks and scored some goals.  Sure, I hope they win and I hope they win the Cup, but an extra fight or two in the game won't make or break the fun for me.

Thanks for the analysis of my thought process.  Yet another BS Bs forum poster. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Fight Leaders - Chara & Lucic Where are you? : I would say that Lucic is having his best year of his career so far.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree from a production point-of-view, not for his overall game.

Last 11 games before the injury were brutal for him....
    11gp 0-1-1 -5

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Fight Leaders - Chara & Lucic Where are you? : Agree from a production point-of-view, not for his overall game. Last 11 games before the injury were brutal for him.... 11gp 0-1-1 -5
    Posted by Crowls2424

I guess we see it differently.  I see him playing all three zones and getting the job done.  As for his production in the last 11 games, I believe that is directly related to him being lined up with Marc "I have as many assists as Daniel Paille in the same amount of games" Savard.  Crowls, you can't look past that, can you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Fight Leaders - Chara & Lucic Where are you? : I guess we see it differently.  I see him playing all three zones and getting the job done.  As for his production in the last 11 games, I believe that is directly related to him being lined up with Marc "I have as many assists as Daniel Paille in the same amount of games" Savard.  Crowls, you can't look past that, can you?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agreed, Savard-Lucic-Horton hardly caught fire, still Lucic looked like he was floating around over that period.

Now that Savard has put together a few nice games in a row (pulling away from Paille in assists), it will be interesting to see the line combos when Lucic returns.

Sections
Shortcuts