Bruins Fire Head of Scouting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bruins Fire Head of Scouting

Marco, you're asking a question that you know the answer to. I like the trade. Eriksson is a terrific player so the return for Seguin was fine. The team traded a center for a winger. It makes perfect sense.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

My ethnicity has no bearing on a hockey forum but since you asked, I'm actually a middle aged, obese, Chinese woman who, ironically enough, likes to wear shirts that say, "no fatties".

-Gerry Dee

I KNEW IT!!!!

Dez, do you have multiple accounts.?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

My ethnicity has no bearing on a hockey forum but since you asked, I'm actually a middle aged, obese, Chinese woman who, ironically enough, likes to wear shirts that say, "no fatties".

-Gerry Dee

I KNEW IT!!!!

Yeah sure, I'm up over 20000 posts on my other ones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

-Gerry Dee

I KNEW IT!!!!

Yeah sure, I'm up over 20000 posts on my other ones.

I KNEW IT!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Now Davey clearly has some intuition. 

-Gerry Dee

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco, for what it is worth, you and stanjon seem to have exactly the same writing style.  Second, it seems that you want to argue just for the sake of arguement - sometimes.  What's the point of which jr league produces the most NHL players?  Answer: the point was lost in the big debate afterwards.

re: Kessel, a top 10 scorer, I don't believe anyone said he couldn't score, but can he score clutch goals and contribute to other aspects of the game?  He still doesn't do that IMO, he doesn't do that to the ability he has.  He *can* do it, but he won't do it.  He is still a head case as far as I'm concerned.

re: the Seguin trade.  I don't know yet, time will tell for sure.  I liked the player, but I don't like what I've heard about him.  A few goals from Seguin would have made a big difference in the finals with the Black Hawks.  I had thought that it was because he was still learning and adjusting to the game, but with all the stories it sounds like he wasn't getting prepared the way he should have been.  I think they had no choice but to trade Seguin.  Clearly he wasn't going to straighten up with the Bruins and *if* his career takes off, it wouldn't happen until he was traded.

Reminds me a lot of Babe Ruth being traded.  Babe Ruth was getting so drunk that he had to be delivered to a game once in a wheelbarrow, he couldn't stand up.  What could they do?  They couldn't control him, so they had to trade him.

We will see about Seguin, time will tell.  However, I have spent a lot of time on these boards and I have never seen so many people excited about the prospects they got as they did this bunch.  That's very unusual and I would guess that one or more of the prospects might make it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

-Gerry Dee

No arguments here. I'm good!

We should go back to discussing more relevant things, like Joe Colborne.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

-Gerry Dee

You're on fire today Davey. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You're on fire today Davey. 

Quite likely since it's hotter than hell outside.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Marco, for what it is worth, you and stanjon seem to have exactly the same writing style.  Second, it seems that you want to argue just for the sake of arguement - sometimes.  What's the point of which jr league produces the most NHL players?  Answer: the point was lost in the big debate afterwards.

re: Kessel, a top 10 scorer, I don't believe anyone said he couldn't score, but can he score clutch goals and contribute to other aspects of the game?  He still doesn't do that IMO, he doesn't do that to the ability he has.  He *can* do it, but he won't do it.  He is still a head case as far as I'm concerned.

re: the Seguin trade.  I don't know yet, time will tell for sure.  I liked the player, but I don't like what I've heard about him.  A few goals from Seguin would have made a big difference in the finals with the Black Hawks.  I had thought that it was because he was still learning and adjusting to the game, but with all the stories it sounds like he wasn't getting prepared the way he should have been.  I think they had no choice but to trade Seguin.  Clearly he wasn't going to straighten up with the Bruins and *if* his career takes off, it wouldn't happen until he was traded.

Reminds me a lot of Babe Ruth being traded.  Babe Ruth was getting so drunk that he had to be delivered to a game once in a wheelbarrow, he couldn't stand up.  What could they do?  They couldn't control him, so they had to trade him.

We will see about Seguin, time will tell.  However, I have spent a lot of time on these boards and I have never seen so many people excited about the prospects they got as they did this bunch.  That's very unusual and I would guess that one or more of the prospects might make it.

Bad hab- what do you mean what is the point of which leagues produce which players- Come on that is very pertinent- pls do not get me going on some of the futile threads that have nothing to do with hockey.  It was a simple statement mentioning in essence the NHl can thank the OHl or it would really be a dull league

Kessel- Bah hab do you rememebr the bashing that was done on Kessel- are you kidding"

i  think you know how to bring past posts back - can u do it?

Kessel was never gonna make it in toronto-

he's a one trick pony-

he doesnt produce when it counts-

all along i was saying  he'd be a top ten scorer but it doesn't matter does it because ppl have made their decision and no way can that stubborness be the least bit penetrated

Now, about Seguin-  there will always be some who have "different" personalities this does

mean you get rid of him. Look at Chicago they did get rid of kane( conn smythe winner) of course not. I also had heard that Seguin would get in his maserati and "peel" off - Everyone has something on them. Why do so many posters give so much credibility to the mgmt . This trade was a trade for cap space- Chia already said that there would be no buyouts- Why not? they are there for that so they trade seguin in ordr to get rid of Peverly and not buying out anyone. Bad hab these are "jacobs" orchestrated trades. You think it is a normal thing for a team to trade JT, Pk and now Seg- U do not trade a guy like seguin way too risky he can very well become a top star. he likes to drink you get him help.

I mentioned that carey price got jean beliveau niece pregnant - she was 15. No one hear this and price is still in mtl .

i was reading chia comments (if u want ill find the link and post it) that the trade  had nothing to do with his"unprofessionalism" it was business and  in my opinion bad business.

Now bad hab i am going to say something which is sure to agrravte some - none of those prospects from dallas will end up justfying this trade. Smith and Fraser- i actually have more

hope on fraser - willl be big contributors in the nhl and that is if they even make it for more then a cup of coffee- Morro not sure

Everyone here really began to confont me after theKessel debate

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

-Gerry Dee

If you want to discuss JC - ask Dez je was a big fan but no big deal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Marco, you're asking a question that you know the answer to. I like the trade. Eriksson is a terrific player so the return for Seguin was fine. The team traded a center for a winger. It makes perfect sense.

-Gerry Dee

All right you think it is a good trade- 27 yr old for a 21 yr old- Seguin could be a star for many years to come. do u agree on that?

and the prosepcts are just that prospects- I also think that It is probably not the ideal trade Chia would have hoped for.

Seguin was a center and did the conversion to winger quite well- top scorer 2 yrs ago and second leading scorer last year - not bad for a 21 yrold but his production in the playoffs i agree, was frustrating however this will get better he has the talent for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bad hab- what do you mean what is the point of which leagues produce which players- Come on that is very pertinent- pls do not get me going on some of the futile threads that have nothing to do with hockey.  It was a simple statement mentioning in essence the NHl can thank the OHl or it would really be a dull league

Kessel- Bah hab do you rememebr the bashing that was done on Kessel- are you kidding"

he's a one trick pony-

all along i was saying  he'd be a top ten scorer but it doesn't matter does it because ppl have made their decision and no way can that stubborness be the least bit penetrated

Now, about Seguin-  there will always be some who have "different" personalities this does

mean you get rid of him. Look at Chicago they did get rid of kane( conn smythe winner) of course not. I also had heard that Seguin would get in his maserati and "peel" off - Everyone has something on them. Why do so many posters give so much credibility to the mgmt . This trade was a trade for cap space- Chia already said that there would be no buyouts- Why not? they are there for that so they trade seguin in ordr to get rid of Peverly and not buying out anyone. Bad hab these are "jacobs" orchestrated trades. You think it is a normal thing for a team to trade JT, Pk and now Seg- U do not trade a guy like seguin way too risky he can very well become a top star. he likes to drink you get him help.

I mentioned that carey price got jean beliveau niece pregnant - she was 15. No one hear this and price is still in mtl .

i was reading chia comments (if u want ill find the link and post it) that the trade  had nothing to do with his"unprofessionalism" it was business and  in my opinion bad business.

Now bad hab i am going to say something which is sure to agrravte some - none of those prospects from dallas will end up justfying this trade. Smith and Fraser- i actually have more

hope on fraser - willl be big contributors in the nhl and that is if they even make it for more then a cup of coffee- Morro not sure

Kessel didn't play 200 feet  of ice and still doesn't today.

No, I don't know how to find old threads easily.  A lot disappeared when BDC updated their system.

Be more specific on your predictions for the players in the trade.  What exactly are you saying?  None of them will ever play an NHL game?  None of them will ever become NHL regulars?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

he's a one trick pony-

Kessel didn't play 200 feet  of ice and still doesn't today. What do you mean exactly that he was a liability ?  he was a plus 26 hen he left boston and would toronto have made the playoffs without him and would there have been a 7th game without kessel which they totally blew away

No, I don't know how to find old threads easily.  A lot disappeared when BDC updated their system. didnt you do that once long time ago - you brought back very old posts - was quite intersting

Be more specific on your predictions for the players in the trade.  What exactly are you saying?  None of them will ever play an NHL game?  None of them will ever become NHL regulars?

I am saying that smith will not score 20 or more and yes i actually would be surprised if he makes the Nhl and becomes a prominet nhler

Fraser - if i am not mistaken was a pretty good scorer in the ahl but the time for him in my opinion is this year  and i do not think he will be an nhler  at least nothing of real impact.

Morrow- is pegged as a probable top 4 dman but if so many prospects are described as players who rarely fit the description -

the main guy in this trade is ericcson and he's 26 that is 5 years older then Seguin - this is very significant in the nhl

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Kessel debate could go on forever, and probably will.  I think the key difference is separating the feelings that you like a certain player from the practicality of building a successful team.  This was illustrated when dez was accused of not liking Seguin because he liked the trade with Dallas.  You can like the player and see the talent, yet still support a trade given the bigger picture.

That was what the Kessel debate was about, and the Seguin debate looks to be headed in the exact same direction.

(Side note: marco, it would help me in trying to treat you like a normal poster if you would just admit that you are bruins8 and stanjon.  I alreayd know.  Otherwise we have to go through this confusing silliness...)

Criticizing the Kessel deal now will never have very solid footing, even if Kessel becomes an MVP.  The trade was instrumental in the Bruins winning the Cup, which is what the goal is, right?  Before any other returns, the Kessel deal freed up $5.5 million a year which was ultimately used to sign Chara and/or Horton.  If you keep Kessel you don't get that, and keep in mind how critical those two were to the Cup run.  So, it was a good deal.  A great deal.

Beyond that, you now have to evaluate Kessel vs. Hamilton, Eriksson, Knight, Morrow, Reilly, and Fraser.  Still looks good to me.

Seguin may end up being the same way.  We don't have to root for Seguin to do poorly, or second guess ourselves if he doesn't.  We can just worry about how the needed cap relief and four players from Dallas work out for our team.  We shall see...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I am saying that smith will not score 20 or more and yes i actually would be surprised if he makes the Nhl and becomes a prominet nhler

Fraser - if i am not mistaken was a pretty good scorer in the ahl but the time for him in my opinion is this year  and i do not think he will be an nhler  at least nothing of real impact.

Morrow- is pegged as a probable top 4 dman but if so many prospects are described as players who rarely fit the description -

the main guy in this trade is ericcson and he's 26 that is 5 years older then Seguin - this is very significant in the nhl

OK, so not more than 20 goals for Smith, but what is a "prominent' NHL player?  Is that different than 20 goals.  If Smith could chip in 15 I would be happy with that.

Fraser and Morrow, so you say they will not make the NHL?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

OK, so not more than 20 goals for Smith, but what is a "prominent' NHL player?  Is that different than 20 goals.  If Smith could chip in 15 I would be happy with that.

Fraser and Morrow, so you say they will not make the NHL?

Look no one can guarantee anything as you know but yes i do not think that Fraser and smith will make it. What i mean as prominetnt- take for example Bob joyce he made the nhl actually scored 18 but really did nothing after that and did not have a very long career.

You said 15 is good for you but for me No- i think when you trade a guy like Seguin u have to have an impact player in return of pretty much the same age.

Again, though this drinking and partying stuff has been pushed way too far and the fact that Chia (jacobs' rule) will not do any buyouts is putting constraints on the team to begin with! do u agree with this? - Afer all other teams have used it why not us- this as you can see bothers me .

take also Savard who they finally will put on the LTIr - Chia said he would have to make a compelling case in order to get the Jacobs to sgree to put him on- Why?

How is this for a compelling case you bought the bruins at 15m made great profits and you can sell at 400m approx.  compelling enough for you Jeremy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have to agree that a good case could be made for buying out Kelly and using that money to get someone else.

There is not much to be said about Jacobs that hasn't already been said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The Kessel debate could go on forever, and probably will.  I think the key difference is separating the feelings that you like a certain player from the practicality of building a successful team.  This was illustrated when dez was accused of not liking Seguin because he liked the trade with Dallas.  You can like the player and see the talent, yet still support a trade given the bigger picture.

That was what the Kessel debate was about, and the Seguin debate looks to be headed in the exact same direction.

(Side note: marco, it would help me in trying to treat you like a normal poster if you would just admit that you are bruins8 and stanjon.  I alreayd know.  Otherwise we have to go through this confusing silliness...)

Criticizing the Kessel deal now will never have very solid footing, even if Kessel becomes an MVP.  The trade was instrumental in the Bruins winning the Cup, which is what the goal is, right?  Before any other returns, the Kessel deal freed up $5.5 million a year which was ultimately used to sign Chara and/or Horton.  If you keep Kessel you don't get that, and keep in mind how critical those two were to the Cup run.  So, it was a good deal.  A great deal. I would have to go back to see how they could have signed him but yes we do have a cup and that speaks mightily- Horton and the emergence of marchand were big in winning us a cup.

Beyond that, you now have to evaluate Kessel vs. Hamilton, Eriksson, Knight, Morrow, Reilly, and Fraser.  Still looks good to me. 

let us face it prospects are just that prospects- Hamilton came with high praise and does look good but evaluating a player especially a dman is so hard but he does have some real good qualities which I hope will make him a star

Seguin may end up being the same way.  We don't have to root for Seguin to do poorly, or second guess ourselves if he doesn't.  We can just worry about how the needed cap relief and four players from Dallas work out for our team.  We shall see...

Yes there is no other choice then to see but as i mentioned the prospect of having a kid like seguin in my team is much more gratifying then to see him play elsewhere

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I don't think that the "no buy-outs" thing was a rule - I think Chiarelli was asked if he will buy anyone out and he said no because he planned on trading players if he needed to create cap room.  You don't throw away an asset for nothing when you can get something back!

He did not have to trade Seguin to get the team under the cap, either.  Simply swapping Eriksson back for Seguin would still leave the Bruins within the LTIR buffer; he'd only have to find a way to dump Peverley (I am positive a team would have taken him if all it required would be a 6th rounder - you get the idea).

It seems to me that Chiarelli thinks that the Bruins are better for these next 3 years with Eriksson than it would be with Seguin.  Part of that is cap hit efficiency, part player fit.  The prospects are there as a gamble in the hope that one or more pan out well enough to ease the pain of losing a player who should be good for most of a decade in exchange for one about the enter the back end of his prime.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

let us face it prospects are just that prospects

Not Eriksson, who can play either wing and averages 70 points a season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Great googily moogily - if this thread was a horse, I'd shoot it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Kessel debate-check

Seguin Partying/Was trade worth it-check

Colborne(???why???)-check

Jacobs squeezing his money bags for dear life-check

trolling etiquette-check

What else can we talk about guys?

Does anybody have an opinion on Tim Thomas' personal beliefs? If so, how do you think they may affect his career?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Kessel debate-check

Seguin Partying/Was trade worth it-check

Colborne(???why???)-check

Jacobs squeezing his money bags for dear life-check

trolling etiquette-check

What else can we talk about guys?

Does anybody have an opinion on Tim Thomas' personal beliefs? If so, how do you think they may affect his career?

Read-ability - double check.

Your one stop for summer fun.

Red, I would say shootin ain't good enough for this thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

We need more Yuri Alexandrov or Mikko Lethonen talk around here. Liven things up a little.

Sections
Shortcuts