Bruins Fire Head of Scouting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins Fire Head of Scouting

this stanjon v chowda debate sounds a heckua lot like the kessel trade debate I had with marco.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why let Stanjon captivate our discussions ? The primary reason for w. Smith's departure is lack of management skills, not lack of hockey knowledge. Wayne obviously felt more comfortable as a Scout rather than the leader of a group of independant scouts. At the same time, I thought Bunning is the senior scout appraisor/evaluator, so this looks like Wayne smith did not live up to Bunning's expectations for finding quality "scouts" who found the quality players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

stupid question?  you have been following Knight for years surely you must have some expectations, you just refuse to post them. it is easy to look up stats , repeat and pretty much rewrite so come on Chow give us your take. Based on what you saw where do you see Knight going forget Spoon and malc for now 

come onI'm the stupid one you are the expert clever one. 

[/QUOTE]

Okay here's my take on Knight's future. 

He will play till he's 51. He retires, citing his diabetes as the reason he doesn't tie Gordie Howe's playing age record. He figures without the illness he could've collected a government pension and played NHL hockey at the same time. 

People who have complained about drafting him will say " told you so. Diabetes affected his career."

bruins8, how did I do predicting the future of his career ?

Who do want next Subban or Spooner ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

this stanjon v chowda debate sounds a heckua lot like the kessel trade debate I had with marco.

The questions he asks are a lot like the questions bruins8 asked in the past also.

Dumb + Dumb = Dumber

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok let’s point a few out then, since you keep changing the goal line. You talk about the superiority of the O”HL, and I point out that in fact the other two CHL leagues have better records, So you say Memorial Cups don’t matter. So Instead I point out that a minimal amount of players on our team, which just went to the Final, are from the OHL and only one, Hamilton, with high end talent. So you say that doesn’t matter, you instead say that league wide the high end talent is from the OHL. So then Book points out that if you look at the top 50 performing players last season 16/50 were from Europe's systems, 9.5/50 were from the NCAA + US HS, 9.5/50 were from the Dub, 8/50 were from the Q', and only 7/50 were from the OHL. Of course now that Book shows that you were in fact wrong, and the other 4 main systems had more top end talent recently you don’t even bother responding to him and just ignore the actual facts.

But of course you would just call anyone who supports a statement with actual data and evidence, rather than just pulling it from their butts like you do, "geeks."

Does that about sum it up?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Like I said, beaten senseless by the facts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Ok let’s point a few out then, since you keep changing the goal line. You talk about the superiority of the O”HL, and I point out that in fact the other two CHL leagues have better records, So you say Memorial Cups don’t matter. So Instead I point out that a minimal amount of players on our team, which just went to the Final, are from the OHL and only one, Hamilton, with high end talent. So you say that doesn’t matter, you instead say that league wide the high end talent is from the OHL. So then Book points out that if you look at the top 50 performing players last season 16/50 were from Europe's systems, 9.5/50 were from the NCAA + US HS, 9.5/50 were from the Dub, 8/50 were from the Q', and only 7/50 were from the OHL. Of course now that Book shows that you were in fact wrong, and the other 4 main systems had more top end talent recently you don’t even bother responding to him and just ignore the actual facts.

But of course you would just call anyone who supports a statement with actual data and evidence, rather than just pulling it from their butts like you do, "geeks."

Does that about sum it up?

Well said Red.

It's simple really. He does not know what he is talking about, and when you correct him your a geek. On the first page of this thread he wished Jeff Gorton was back, then had to be told Jeff Gorton actually works for the organization.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Like I said, beaten senseless by the facts.

When thye start putting finger-print log ins on the computers at the Montreal and Toronto mental asylums, this place won't be as much fun anymore.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

This debate is nothing like the Kessel debate. I remember so many of these posters saying that Kessel would fail and how he was one trick pony. I called it . I said he would be a top 10 scoring and he was. Of course that is insignificant since the anti kessels will never give in but I digress.

Now, I know you were a big Seguin fan.  What is your feelings on it and not what the others want you to say but what you feel about that trade. Does the trade pist you off and if so , why?

Hey Marco, why don't you ask Stanjon what he thinks about Kessel, curious to see what he thinks. I'm not a big Kessel fan but i digress. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

kelv another bright boy ! and I never called red a geek

red I just gave some of the players that were drafted from ohl and were born out of Ontario

1quite a list dont you agree pls answer yes or no

2- ohl produces the most players from any other league (minors)

now red tell me that picking one teais not a representation of the nhl itself

so look at other teams and u will see that ohlproduces the most and yes tgere are some 3 or 4th liners but so what they are coming out from Ontario

anyone who knows will tell you that actual nhlers not drafted players who will never makeit come mostly out of the ohl

pls lookit up. Now again I named you few superstars that come from ohl and many of them are born in Ontari

I

ask any scout he ll tell you

OK to respond to your points let's look at your exact points. The number of active players to come out of Ontario where the OHL is based that have played at least 20 career games? 164.

The number of active players with at least 20 career games to come out of Western Canada, where the WHL is based? 176

Ontario's population is !3,505,000. Western Canada's combined population is 10,290,963.

And yes that was an impressive list. So is Iginla, Weber, Seabrook, Keith, Price, Ward, Lucic, Getzlaf, Hall, Eberle, Versteeg, Marleau, Morrow and Sharp to name a few. They're all Western Canadians.

So lets see, of the regions we were discussing how is the league mostly Ontario, when Western Canada has more NHL players with a smaller population? 

The numbers, whatever metrics you want to use, simply don't back up your assertions.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

This debate is nothing like the Kessel debate. I remember so many of these posters saying that Kessel would fail and how he was one trick pony. I called it . I said he would be a top 10 scoring and he was. Of course that is insignificant since the anti kessels will never give in but I digress.

Now, I know you were a big Seguin fan.  What is your feelings on it and not what the others want you to say but what you feel about that trade. Does the trade pist you off and if so , why?

Hey Marco, why don't you ask Stanjon what he thinks about Kessel, curious to see what he thinks. I'm not a big Kessel fan but i digress. 

If you are that curious why do you not ask him yourself? If you're  not a kessel fan then why do you care what others think about the trade. Your objectivity is next to nil before the debate even begins but if you would like to get in this or any other one . All I can say in the words of Mr. ben stiller - "do it" "do it"  love Stiller

Alex, I'll take, "what does an imbecile think?" for 1000$ please. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The numbers were exactly what I said - active players with a minimum of 20 games played Western Canada has more than Ontario.

While Quebec and the maritimes, where the Q is based, has 86. But their list includes guys with names like Crosby, Brodeur, Lecavlier, Bergeron, Louongo, Fleury, Marchand, Briere, Letang and more.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts