Bruins fitness test specs ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins fitness test specs ??

I have googled and could not find the criteria for the Bruins fitness tests as referred to in "Behind the B".

There is a running test that you have to complete in 50 seconds or less, but I don't know what the distance is.

Also there is a minimum for number of chin ups.

Are these the same for every NHL team?  Or does each team have its own standards?

I have heard of NFL players being declared unfit to play, but I never heard of it in the NHL.

Are there requirements for body fat percentage or heart rate or anything like that?

What does it take to pass the physical that I always hear referred to?

And does anyone have the concussion test they give?  I know one part is they say a certain number and you have to recite it back - is it just 7 numbers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Bruins fitness test specs ??

I imagine the fitness tests might be somewhat different from team to team but I really don't know. I've never heard of any league-wide standard of fitness.

Regarding concussions - I believe each player has a baseline test that they use for comparison when there is a suspected concussion and to evaluate when a player has recovered. There are different model tests out there but again, each team may have there own based on their medical team's preference. They test for memory, concentration, problem solving, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also there is a minimum for number of chin ups.

[/QUOTE]

The Calgary Flames obviously don't have a minimum,they took Sam Bennett in the draft. I guess as long as he has truculence in spades he should be alright.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Isn't it hard to the truculent in the NHL with weak arms though?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isn't it hard to the truculent in the NHL with weak arms though?

[/QUOTE]

Not with an active stick, especially if it shaved into a point like Peter Schaefer's used to be. ;-) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

haha....the olde eye gouger...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

there are some standard tests. Verticle leap, 185 lb bench press. 225 lb squat. max power clean. max s-n-a-t-ch. shuttle run.there are some others that i'm sure i'll remember eventually

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What's the distance of the shuttle run?

re: Sam Bennet.  I don't see the inability to pass the fitness test as an issue upon drafting the player and if you believe he will eventually be able to run, jump, sit up and throw a softball (reference to the Presidential fitness award we have here in US high schools)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

What's the distance of the shuttle run?

[/QUOTE]

Man, you need to know the weirdest things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wasting time on fitness when they should be checking stick length and shoulder pad girth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man, you need to know the weirdest things.

[/QUOTE]

If I'm going to make the team as a shot blocker I need to know this stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Will somebody please answer the question about the distance of the shuttle run!  I haven't been able to eat, drink, or think since 1:49 EDT when Badhab brought this information gap to my attention!  I need to know....

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I know I am glued to my computer screen.....waiting breathlessly in anticipation myself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If I'm going to make the team as a shot blocker I need to know this stuff. eat more and get shorter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! processed foods and protein shakes only with surgery removing the shin bones should do it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will somebody please answer the question about the distance of the shuttle run!  I haven't been able to eat, drink, or think since 1:49 EDT when Badhab brought this information gap to my attention!  I need to know....

[/QUOTE]

No worries BB, I will not rest until this is answered!  Where is Stanley when you need him?  As a former potential GM he must know this.

Come on.  It's summer.  It's time for such questions.  I've been saving them all winter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Keep 'em coming bhab! It's no worse than some of the crap that half these threads devolve in to along the way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No worries BB, I will not rest until this is answered!  Where is Stanley when you need him?  As a former potential GM he must know this.

Come on.  It's summer.  It's time for such questions.  I've been saving them all winter.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed I know...its a 25 yards shuttle run

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

They have to do a 25 yards shuttle run 3 times in less than a minute ..try it , you'll die

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll give that to you Stanley, and everyone appreciates it when you talk real hockey and not fantasy stuff.  Thank you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll give that to you Stanley, and everyone appreciates it when you talk real hockey and not fantasy stuff.  Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Stanley's inside info wins the day again. Or.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19081

Sections
Shortcuts