BRUINS- FLA game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: BRUINS- FLA game thread

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

no excuse for pevs there

What does that even mean? Peverley had a breakaway against an NHL goalie but he didn't score. What in the world does he need an excuse for?

Has been a lot of talk putting the blame on Bourque for bringing down our 3rd line. I don't really like Bouque there either but his play has improved past few games... Kelly and Pevs have to take some of the heat too.

Fair enough.I just thought your comment seemed quite specific so I just wondered what you figured Peverley did wrong. No biggie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Awful non call on Weaver who boarded Lucic. Inexecusable that two refs can't see that the ref who called Lucic actually did so out of the corner of his eye which proves he knows me missed the board on Weaver, originally.

This Florida homer annoucing crew is painful.

With NHL Game Center you have a choice to switch the home/away feed.

In a hotel. Actually shocked they have NHLN but this is a nice hotel.  I missed the first period and much of the 2nd.  Jack is a major homer, but they completely ignored the Weaver board on Lucic and acted like Lucic was wrong for defending himself against what is really a dangerous board from behind. I get Lucic is a big guy, etc, I have no issue with him standing up for himself.

When he works for a Boston Network that announces games for a Boston team there's going to be some homerism. 

Somewhere in a grave Fred Cusick is blushing.  Jack Edwards makes Cusick look like a Montreal Canadiens announcer.  Edwards is seriously awful, dude.

We must've listen to a different Cusick then. I remember Freddy being such a homer he even said the Boston Garden workers were better than Philly's, because they were having a hard time changing a piece of glass at the Spectrum. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha Dineen had Parros on the ice down by 2 goals, good one Kevin. Hope that wasn't becuase Lucic was getting out of the box.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Anyone calling Cusick a homer has memory issues. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I like Jack don't mind him a bit. He brings ton of passion , excitement and that's fine with me. But I understand what everyone's saying. Zedeno takes a stupid penalty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I'm listening to the game on the radio.  It sounds like the Bruins are getting some good chances, but Markstrom is making a lot of good saves.  Is that the case?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Done deal Paille empty netter

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PAILLE PAILLE PAILLE ...I LOVE HIM

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Danny Paille ices it EN ices it 11-2-2 NYI up next. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Winter break in FL is ova. Back to real hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Croc,  we will live in the moment for the time being. We know the schedule will get tougher yes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Did anyone mention the camera crew in Florida... my picture flashed or went black numerous times during the first and second (seemed to get it under control in the third.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to croc's comment:

Anyone calling Cusick a homer has memory issues. 

LOL! Him & Sanderson together were pretty bad. I loved Cusick as an announcer, but I'm not deaf & he was a homer announcer. Jack's a homer announcer & Steve Golstein & Bill Lindsy ARE OVER THE TOP!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Ref just figured  Lucic is big enough to absorb that type of hit , and they always get the retaliation 100% of the time..should have been a penalty but it wasn't... Lucic should know to keep his wits about him , selfish play.. plenty of time left in the game to get at Weaver without putting team at risk... good thing pk killed off remainder of period.

You haven't played much hockey have you? That was the perfect reaction by LUCIC! That's a true hockey player's response. Not lay down & try to draw the call. Get up & give it back! That's not just Bruin hockey! That's hockey period!

Don't have to have played the game to understand it was a selfish play.. He placed his own  interests ahead of the team, and had they been playing a better team might have cost them the game and two points... and since when is hitting from behind a "true hockey player's response"..

What if this was a 7th game of SC final and ended up costing the Bruins the Cup.. from the sounds of it , you would be one happy camper....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Don't have to have played the game to understand it was a selfish play.. He placed his own  interests ahead of the team, and had they been playing a better team might have cost them the game and two points... and since when is hitting from behind a "true hockey player's response"..

What if this was a 7th game of SC final and ended up costing the Bruins the Cup.. from the sounds of it , you would be one happy camper....

It wasn't so why worry about it? Up by a couple in a regular season game. No big deal and Lucic sent a message to Weaver and the Panthers that he's a loose cannon. Weaver will think twice before he hits another Bruin from behind. BTW, the Panthers didn't get a single shot on the 4 minute PP.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It wasn't so why worry about it? Up by a couple in a regular season game. No big deal and Lucic sent a message to Weaver and the Panthers that he's a loose cannon. Weaver will think twice before he hits another Bruin from behind. BTW, the Panthers didn't get a single shot on the 4 minute PP.

funny.  some people are crying we arent mean enough anymore. Then lucic takes matters in his own hands and people are swinging their purse mad.  Hockey is a mean violent sport.  Lucic did what a good teammate. Does.  Touch one bruin jersey and touch 18 Jerseys.  The fact they kill it off means it was well worth it.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I thought Bourque played a good game again today if he can continue to improve the Bruins might get lucky.  I am also very happy to see Lucic respond the way he did, cross-checking a player that distance from the boards is a dangerous play and should never be accepted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't blame Lucic one bit for going after Weaver.  If he was injured on the play everyone would be crying bloody murder.  Self preservation is a powerful emotion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ref just figured  Lucic is big enough to absorb that type of hit , and they always get the retaliation 100% of the time..should have been a penalty but it wasn't... Lucic should know to keep his wits about him , selfish play.. plenty of time left in the game to get at Weaver without putting team at risk... good thing pk killed off remainder of period.

You haven't played much hockey have you? That was the perfect reaction by LUCIC! That's a true hockey player's response. Not lay down & try to draw the call. Get up & give it back! That's not just Bruin hockey! That's hockey period!

Obviously you do! And let me say this. He didn't put HIS own interest ahead of the team at all! He's one of the best players on the team & HIS TEAM needs him healthy! That's called taking care of business on a cheap shot that could've gone wrong! There's a HUGE difference between cross checking someone in the back in an open area compared to against the boards! However, you wouldn't know that either because you never played.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

That should have been called. I hate to blame refs but that was bad. The play was in front of him.

Acually the ref was moving from the corner to allow the puck to slide along the boards...just as he was pirouetting, his back was to the hit on Lucic and just plain missed it.

Unfortunately, he turned just in time to set the retaliation.

Edit:...not that I am creating excuses for the ref!!!

I watched the replay today and I was wrong.

The ref had the play in front of him the whole time and did not turn until just after the hit...brutal call.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

LOL! Him & Sanderson together were pretty bad. I loved Cusick as an announcer, but I'm not deaf & he was a homer announcer. Jack's a homer announcer & Steve Golstein & Bill Lindsy ARE OVER THE TOP!!

Anyone with Sanderson would have seemed like a homer since they have to play off each other.  I supose you can call any local announcer a "homer".  I maintain Cusick was as straight up as any local announcer was especially when he was teamed with Johnny Pierson. 

Edwards brings the homerism to near Johnny Most levels.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to croc's comment:

Anyone with Sanderson would have seemed like a homer since they have to play off each other.  I supose you can call any local announcer a "homer".  I maintain Cusick was as straight up as any local announcer was especially when he was teamed with Johnny Pierson. 

Edwards brings the homerism to near Johnny Most levels.

I wish they would bring back "Pierson's pointers", loved that, very informative.