BRUINS - FLYERS - GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: BRUINS - FLYERS - GDT

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

I would honestly sit a couple of guys for tomorrow. Starting with Lucic. Call up a kid from the AHL. I don't even care who it is. A message needs to be passed.

Remember when Lucic used to hit? Where the HE77 did that player go? He's playing like if he's a finesse player out there. He always was at his best when he hits. And it used to make everyone tougher too.

Exactly right he not close to the guy he used to be

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

7-6-1 since the Habs took them down on 3/2.  They are leveling to where they should be.  It is what it is.  I'm looking at what's needed for 2014.  Beating up on the Laffs, the injured Sens, the Caps and the Panthers is not the sign of a team going anywhere past round 1.

I'm happy with them not making any stupid moves to fix what can't be.  

--3 stiffs in your top 9: Caron, Pandolfo, Horton. 

--Chara, let's face it, is aging and slowing down.

--Ference is having a career worst year.

--Take-a Risk is showing up in net.

LOL
    You've been riding this pony since that game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Should of had Bartkowski in there ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Yikes -- another stinker.

Hate to say it but Flyers MVP was Rinaldo. Nobody took him out or even gave a receipt to any of the Flyers skilled players.

I rarely ever play the blame game but Johnson on the 1st Flyer goal -- Hockey 101 -- How do you not stick with Knuble? Every time I saw the replay -- the Twilight Zone theme song rang thru my head.

Secondary bummer -- Forced to watch the NHL Network feed. If this is a major feed -- why do we get homers like Keith Jones? The only joy of the day was Horton's goal. Did we have to hear 5 times in 1 minute how "lucky" the goal was. One of many sucking moments provided by Jones and company.

Lastly -- Flyers fans having a banner day. Soundly beat the Bruins and Crosby in the hospital compliments of deflected puck to mouth vs Islanders.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

This team is eerily reminiscent of the one that lost to the Caps last playoffs.

No offense, bad decision making, ineffective one-man forechecking, and little to no intensity.

Very disappointing.....

Yeah that's exactly the way there playing,i'm trying to be optimistic that come playoffs they will wake up,but not so sure anymore,to me they have played crappy all season,but i think they had easy sched. and goaltending was keeping them in games and winning games for them.Not blaming goalies but if Bruins don't get great goaltending they can't win,they just don't have any offence this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Hard to say it Kitchener but they're even worse than last year's team! At least last year we had a 3rd line. This year we have only one consistent line working out. And for 3 years we've heard how "we'll work more on the power play in practice". Well, Clode, in your case practice definitely does not make perfect. I said fire Geoff Ward 3 years ago and he's still managing the worst power play I've ever seen over a 3 year period. They're so bad on it it's laughable. And it's always costing them games, today being case in point. I watched 1 Montreal power play against the Rangers tonight and comparing Montreal's PP against Boston is like comparing fine wine to grape juice. I'm ready to see Clode, Geoff, and the Great Thinker aka Chia given the door if the B's don't start playing their better players 20 minutes a game instead of 14, learn what a power play actually is and how it works, and get a bonafide top 6 forward before the deadline. I'm a B's fan, but I'm certainly not a B's management/coaching fan.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from birbobruins. Show birbobruins's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

"...He's playing like if he's a finesse player out there."  A Bruin playing the finesse game? Unheard of. Brutes don't play finesse!

I would honestly sit a couple of guys for tomorrow. Starting with Lucic. Call up a kid from the AHL. I don't even care who it is. A message needs to be passed.

Remember when Lucic used to hit? Where the HE77 did that player go? He's playing like if he's a finesse player out there. He always was at his best when he hits. And it used to make everyone tougher too.

Exactly right he not close to the guy he used to be

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

7-6-1 since the Habs took them downon 3/2.  They are leveling to where they should be.  It is what it is.  I'm looking at what's needed for 2014.  Beating up on the Laffs, the injured Sens, the Caps and the Panthers is not the sign of a team going anywhere past round 1.

LOL

Ha, NAS.  You remember.  But, you gotta admit, they HAVE dropped a notch or 2 since that game, intensity/consistency-wise.   

who do you want them to get. They are not selling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

7-6-1 since the Habs took them downon 3/2.  They are leveling to where they should be.  It is what it is.  I'm looking at what's needed for 2014.  Beating up on the Laffs, the injured Sens, the Caps and the Panthers is not the sign of a team going anywhere past round 1.

LOL

Ha, NAS.  You remember.  But, you gotta admit, they HAVE dropped a notch or 2 since that game, intensity/consistency-wise.   

who do you want them to get. They are not selling.

Phase#1 - Horton is not a stiff he has 10 goals but yes has been in a slump                                 Phase #2 - Chara might be in te running for Norris trophy top 3 at least                                      Phase  #3 - your correct about Ference.                                                                                       Phase   #4- Rask GA is under 2.                                                                                                 So these are all facts so far i see things as 75% Wrong 25 % right 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Hard to say it Kitchener but they're even worse than last year's team! At least last year we had a 3rd line. This year we have only one consistent line working out. And for 3 years we've heard how "we'll work more on the power play in practice". Well, Clode, in your case practice definitely does not make perfect. I said fire Geoff Ward 3 years ago and he's still managing the worst power play I've ever seen over a 3 year period. They're so bad on it it's laughable. And it's always costing them games, today being case in point. I watched 1 Montreal power play against the Rangers tonight and comparing Montreal's PP against Boston is like comparing fine wine to grape juice. I'm ready to see Clode, Geoff, and the Great Thinker aka Chia given the door if the B's don't start playing their better players 20 minutes a game instead of 14, learn what a power play actually is and how it works, and get a bonafide top 6 forward before the deadline. I'm a B's fan, but I'm certainly not a B's management/coaching fan.

Got to agree with you,the only thing this team is good at is killing penalties,and even that hasn't been great the last few games,it seems Bruin managemant after winning cup decided  nothing else to do now,no need to make improvements to team,even after letting Ryder go,Rechhi retiring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Got to agree with you,the only thing this team is good at is killing penalties,and even that hasn't been great the last few games,it seems Bruin managemant after winning cup decided  nothing else to do now,no need to make improvements to team,even after letting Ryder go,Rechhi retiring.

The mistake was letting Ryder go and then not trying to trade for him again. Not Iginla Not Morrow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

This team is in self imposed trouble and will not get out of this until they decide to play the game they are supposed to. If they hit, play mad and forecheck hard they will win games, but they can't score unless everyone stays on this same page. The Bruins without help will not go past the 1st round, they can't beat teams below them and are sinking fast. The Pens won't have to worry about the Bruins the way things are now. God help the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

And now we have Mr. Scott chasing the boys around tonight. They'll spend so much time avoiding him that they won't even think of how to win the game. Buffalo's one of several teams (including the Rangers, Penguins, and the Habs) who the Bruins appear unable to solve this year for the most part. How can we succeed in the playoffs when it's almost a given that so many conference teams have the B's completely figured out? SOmething's gotta change, and that change is at least 1 more bona fide scorer. But looks like Chia is in over his head. He's been looking totally confused while Shero and Bergevin have been strutting around smoking cigars over their great acquisitions. Have a cigar Chia.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The mistake was letting Ryder go and then not trying to trade for him again. Not Iginla Not Morrow.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Ryder made a number of important contributions to the team's Cup win but wasn't rewarded for it. Now he's in the 2nd year of his $7 million contract and continues to put up impressive numbers. Lucic, who wasn't anymore important to Bs Cup win meanwhile struggles and struggles and last September signs an $18 millioncontract over 3 years. 

Quick, better get PC some more smoke and mirrors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL

Question is what their record since January 2012 when they played the Canucks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Question is what their record since January 2012 when they played the Canucks

Question to you is, do you think that game in 2012 has had any effect on the Bruins play this year ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Question to you is, do you think that game in 2012 has had any effect on the Bruins play this year ?

To me not not all , I guess you haven't been following ipotnyc posts. He's been comparing the loss to the Canucks to the loss to the Habs ealier this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

To me not not all , I guess you haven't been following ipotnyc posts. He's been comparing the loss to the Canucks to the loss to the Habs ealier this season.

Nope. I guess I missed that thought. Now I do. Thanks a bunch ! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

God I hope the Habs don't land Jagr.

You mean you hope the Shabs get Jagr. You only come on here when the Bruins aren't playing well. Funny how you hallen to jump on every Ryder comment.

Beat it troll!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nope. I guess I missed that thought. Now I do. Thanks a bunch ! 

It's okay NAS has... LOL.

How's the backyard ?  Easter egg treasure hunt ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

After all the kudos for a slick defensive system it is still apparent that Claude is very slow to change. He had a good thought with Lucic/Peverly/Caron. All three played better for two periods, then Claude reverts to form. Playing "snowshoes"  Johnson in stead of Krug; then addding a recovering and slow Boychuck with Johnson [ ugh] even on the PK] double ugh-goal]. Claude has the troops, but needs to change how he uses them. Probably needs a "Clowe" type to fill in, and needs to replace his "Merlot" line by moving Paille up and dumping Thornton. Pandolfo has used up all of his chits, and should be replaced. not quite what was expected. Tuuka has played very well , particularly when given support; Khudobin, Svedberg,  are both playing well, and both are not needed. If Bartkowski was acceptable to the Flames then he should be playing for the Bruins, but hasn't been given a look-see, Why ??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

God I hope the Habs don't land Jagr.

You mean you hope the Shabs get Jagr. You only come on here when the Bruins aren't playing well. Funny how you hallen to jump on every Ryder comment.

Beat it troll!

No, the Habs getting Jagr would definitely be my worst nightmare. And I've heard the rumour of interest. Signing Jagr would  mean Habs actually have someone (40+ or not) with legitimate talent on their team instead of a band of overachieving divers.

BTW, I've had this Avatar (and moniker) since I joined this board about 3 years ago and its a coincidence  that I've returned after a long absence to find yours as Reggie Dunlop. I'm not trying wind anyone up. 

Sections
Shortcuts