Bruins forum season in review

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Bruins forum season in review

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review:
    confidence in your favorite team is one thing, and ripping an opponent that had already proven they had the B's number in the reg. season is...well, that's just dumb.
    Posted by dannycater

The Capitals hardly "had our number in the regular season".

1-2-1 if I remember right? One OT loss. 1 loss by 1 goal (+ an EN), 1 loss by 1 goal, and we beat them 4-1.

Where does that show they had "our number"? I think that shows 2 very even teams that have a nearly equal chance of winning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : The Capitals hardly "had our number in the regular season". 1-2-1 if I remember right? One OT loss. 1 loss by 1 goal (+ an EN), 1 loss by 1 goal, and we beat them 4-1. Where does that show they had "our number"? I think that shows 2 very even teams that have a nearly equal chance of winning.
    Posted by lambda13

However, 1-2-1 doesnly exaclty spell easy series.

I said the Bruins would sweep.

I have egg on my face and I'm eating crow.

And having said that, this thread is about the threads.  

And the threads just were not there when they should have.

Looks like everyone forgot to play it one thread at a time and no one thought about injuries to critical posters.  I suspect NAS and Bookboy might have been posting while injured late in the season.  I have yet to see a report.

Me?  I'm just happy to be here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : However, 1-2-1 doesnly exaclty spell easy series. I said the Bruins would sweep. I have egg on my face and I'm eating crow. And having said that, this thread is about the threads.   And the threads just were not there when they should have. Looks like everyone forgot to play it one thread at a time and no one thought about injuries to critical posters.  I suspect NAS and Bookboy might have been posting while injured late in the season.  I have yet to see a report. Me?  I'm just happy to be here.
    Posted by BadHabitude

And it's starting to show in your effort..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : And it's starting to show in your effort..........
    Posted by dezaruchi

I took the day off to burn off all the brush from the trees I've been cutting down all weekend.  Got done a couple of hours ago.  And I'm 3 Molson ice and 1 Labatt into the rest of my day off.

Right now, I'm happy to be here.

Until my wife gets home and figures things out and then things might not be so good for me.

And the only game I might want to watch tonight isn't going to be on until 10.
    Maybe Rangers Caps.  And maybe I'll be passed out before enven that game starts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : I took the day off to burn off all the brush from the trees I've been cutting down all weekend.  Got done a couple of hours ago.  And I'm 3 Molson ice and 1 Labatt into the rest of my day off. Right now, I'm happy to be here. Until my wife gets home and figures things out and then things might not be so good for me. And the only game I might want to watch tonight isn't going to be on until 10. Maybe Rangers Caps.  And maybe I'll be passed out before enven that game starts.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Quit subsidizing those filthy bums up north...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : I took the day off to burn off all the brush from the trees I've been cutting down all weekend.  Got done a couple of hours ago.  And I'm 3 Molson ice and 1 Labatt into the rest of my day off. Right now, I'm happy to be here. Until my wife gets home and figures things out and then things might not be so good for me. And the only game I might want to watch tonight isn't going to be on until 10. Maybe Rangers Caps.  And maybe I'll be passed out before enven that game starts.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Cheers! Hope it all runs smooth Amigo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I see what you're saying BadHab. The compete level just didn't seem to be there like in past years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Good posters, bad thread!  Bookboy, Kel and Chowda are me fav reads.  Standard San Dog and Dez entrees as they are the best and most consistant.  NAS just has a way to be a true nazi contrarian (hehe), I like his analysis and logic when he applies those to a particular post.  Bad Hab is plain irreverent, and I like that.   If the Bs are not in playoffs I am just a spectator.  OatesCam is plain straight forward, no one other than DrCC can touch his entries on contractual and cap stuff.  Oh well, back to watching hockey without the ardent connection.  Best foreigner on board, Kennedy97, LRH, and North when he drops the Canuck angle.  In the grand scheme of things who cares other than what is interesting and hockey oriented! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : Thomas doesnt post on this board, at least I dont think he does (Nite???) but hey, the Red Sox forum is down the hall.
    Posted by kelvana33

i tink dat Rask a good goaler & Timmy da Tuna tould de oosed or da shark bait! eh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : i tink dat Rask a good goaler & Timmy da Tuna tould de oosed or da shark bait! eh?
    Posted by nitemare-38

Haha, well done

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I consider myself the Bob Essensa of this board. Been here forever, only pipe up occasionally. "you're the goalie coach, shut up and coach goalies" My Lady Byng nominee goes to longtime member, RHO. Always courteous and never vitriolic.
    Posted by seobrien

seobrien - Right back at you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : Tuuka I can handle, he's just goofing.   null on the other hand...  First, he's virtually admitted he's Brian Tuohy this clown who's marketing his book and website that ALL sports are rigged, mlb, nba, nascar, nfl, olympics, everything.  And ironic that Tuohy is rigging his own book reviews and working sites like this one to try to generate interest in his garbage. Why does it touch a nerve?  Because it claims that sports are a fraud, that when something happens "too hollywood" it is because it is orchestrated.  And if you have played sports in your life at an amateur level, high school, college, semi pro or minor league this or that, you know that fantastic come backs happen.  And I know that no one is getting paid at all in those leagues. He hates sports, he hates hockey and he's full of it.  If it is so scripted as he says he ought to be a billionaire by betting the way the script says. The board is getting smarter. The trolls are becoming more virulent. This head game that communist contrarian has been playing is outright bizarre.
    Posted by BadHabitude

And dead boring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : The Capitals hardly "had our number in the regular season". 1-2-1 if I remember right? One OT loss. 1 loss by 1 goal (+ an EN), 1 loss by 1 goal, and we beat them 4-1. Where does that show they had "our number"? I think that shows 2 very even teams that have a nearly equal chance of winning.
    Posted by lambda13

yes, lamda, and that clearly showed it would an "easy series" as so many people thought. Why I have no idea. It was close, it was going to be close, and it was a lot closer than any other series in NHL history in terms of 1-goal games. It's not about confidence, it's about common sense (that was for the other poster).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : yes, lamda, and that clearly showed it would an "easy series" as so many people thought. Why I have no idea. It was close, it was going to be close, and it was a lot closer than any other series in NHL history in terms of 1-goal games. It's not about confidence, it's about common sense (that was for the other poster).
    Posted by dannycater

Think it's time to move on from that thread. No, the series was not easy, but no need to continually get worked up over it. Just one person's opinion that turned out to be wrong. Can't always be right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : yes, lamda, and that clearly showed it would an "easy series" as so many people thought. Why I have no idea. It was close, it was going to be close, and it was a lot closer than any other series in NHL history in terms of 1-goal games. It's not about confidence, it's about common sense (that was for the other poster).
    Posted by dannycater

Sorry I jinxed it.

Got any spit of toad to cleanse my soul?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : Sorry I jinxed it. Got any spit of toad to cleanse my soul?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Whoa, I hope you just threw some salt over your shoulder and tapped your left foot 13 times...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Great, great post! Dez and Chowda keep this whole board informed of all things in juniors/prospect, while still adding to the Bruins aspect. great jobs. 49 North needs to look at Kennedy and I-Like-Hockey to see how a fan of another team should post in this forum.
    Posted by kelvana33

lol wat? Whered you get that idea... Born and raised in Boston, more bruins merch than I really know what to do with.

Just curious as to how you got this idea?

Anyways, im going to claim PNJCS (Post new job concussion syndrome) for my lack of productivity this year. At my new job I shouldn't be posting anymore and my phone reception is too weak in the office to post from that as well.

I'll try to bring the heat next year. But you guys are my #1 stop on the internet. The opinions of so many members are just heads above the rest of those on the interwebs, including sports columnists that there really is nowhere better to go for hockey talk.

Gratz bro's and ladies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : lol wat? Whered you get that idea... Born and raised in Boston, more bruins merch than I really know what to do with. Just curious as to how you got this idea? Anyways, im going to claim PNJCS (Post new job concussion syndrome) for my lack of productivity this year. At my new job I shouldn't be posting anymore and my phone reception is too weak in the office to post from that as well. I'll try to bring the heat next year. But you guys are my #1 stop on the internet. The opinions of so many members are just heads above the rest of those on the interwebs, including sports columnists that there really is nowhere better to go for hockey talk. Gratz bro's and ladies.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

possible mix up with love real hockey? i think he/she is a leafs fan no? just guessin'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : possible mix up with love real hockey? i think he/she is a leafs fan no? just guessin'
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Oh yeah. Good catch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : Sorry I jinxed it. Got any spit of toad to cleanse my soul?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I believe I just heard you say "you mean nothing".  

And quit acting so offended, it was barely anything you diver.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Good posters, bad thread!  Bookboy, Kel and Chowda are me fav reads.  Standard San Dog and Dez entrees as they are the best and most consistant.  NAS just has a way to be a true nazi contrarian (hehe), I like his analysis and logic when he applies those to a particular post.  Bad Hab is plain irreverent, and I like that.   If the Bs are not in playoffs I am just a spectator.  OatesCam is plain straight forward, no one other than DrCC can touch his entries on contractual and cap stuff.  Oh well, back to watching hockey without the ardent connection.  Best foreigner on board, Kennedy97, LRH, and North when he drops the Canuck angle.  In the grand scheme of things who cares other than what is interesting and hockey oriented! 
    Posted by islamorada

How about irrelevant ? I like that too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Nice post, BadHab.

I was definitely AWOL these playoffs after another disappointing Leaf season.

I am watching the playoffs but not really engaged as usual.  Not sure why it was different for me this year.  I enjoyed the Bruin run last year but didn't get too excited with the Capital series this year.

I actually watched the Ott/Ranger series the most along with the fight card series (Pitts/Flyers).  I think the 2nd round would have been much more interesting had Pittsburg, Boston and Vancouver made it thru.

In any event, I'm catching the Calder cup playoffs with the Marlies right now (I know pathetic, but it's the best we have to offer in Toronto these days).

Was looking forward to seeing the Blues make a run and have been surprised with how well LA is doing. 

Really surprised to see the Bruins get knocked out, even with their injuries.  Bergeron would have buried that open net in the last game had he been healthy, I think. 

Have a good off-season Bruin fans.  Your team should be front and center again next year.  P.S.  Why don't you throw Thomas over our way......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : How about irrelevant ? I like that too.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

My stats say the word you're looking for is "irreplaceable"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Nice post, BadHab. I was definitely AWOL these playoffs after another disappointing Leaf season. I am watching the playoffs but not really engaged as usual.  Not sure why it was different for me this year.  I enjoyed the Bruin run last year but didn't get too excited with the Capital series this year. I actually watched the Ott/Ranger series the most along with the fight card series (Pitts/Flyers).  I think the 2nd round would have been much more interesting had Pittsburg, Boston and Vancouver made it thru. In any event, I'm catching the Calder cup playoffs with the Marlies right now (I know pathetic, but it's the best we have to offer in Toronto these days). Was looking forward to seeing the Blues make a run and have been surprised with how well LA is doing.  Really surprised to see the Bruins get knocked out, even with their injuries.  Bergeron would have buried that open net in the last game had he been healthy, I think.  Have a good off-season Bruin fans.  Your team should be front and center again next year.  P.S.  Why don't you throw Thomas over our way......
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Even tho I think it's a weak draft year I would flip TT for your #5 pick this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Marlies could probably beat the Leafs....

Sections
Shortcuts