Bruins forum season in review

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins forum season in review

It wa a decent regular season, but there was a lack of production among first and second line posters in the playoffs.  BookBoy, Legion, SandDog, Dez, RHO, Red, Wheats, Isla, Oatescam, Kurako, Kelvana and apologies to the others that I've forgotten all get painted with the same brush, good regular season, but dismal playoff production.

NAS - a typical regular season, but most notably dreadful in the playoffs.  Threads and posts predicting an easy first round - glaring fail.  Stepping out of his usual role he went all optimistic and was clearly out of his element.

Chowda - didn't actually read his posts, but just looked at his stats, # of posts over last year, # of words, # of good vocabulary words and I know everything I need to about him.

Chowda needs to work on his skating.

Dez needs to work on his skating and sense of humor.

Lady Byng award - I'll throw this out to Red who seemed least ornery when drinking heavily and for loaning out her Bruins jersey to God knows who for God knows what reason.

Gordie Howe longevity award goes to Isla whose first post was predicting that Boston would eventually have an NHL franchise as soon as the war with Spain got settled.

Rookie finalists - I nominate bisson and jmwalters, please post your forum calder cup finalists who I might have forgotten.

The outsiders; 
    veterans Kennedy and LoveRealHockey, you were decent during the regular season, but there was deafening silence in the playoffs from the Leafs and Habs.  Not a word about tee times and handicaps.

Outsider rookie of the year went to 49North (first full season).  Won by default as no one else in Vancouver could put down their Molotov cocktails or hammers down long enough to write any posts.

Lack of a (multi) season long thread:  The last few seasons the Leaf tracker was dropped in our laps just like the top 10 Leafs drafts picks the thread represented.  Someone like Brian Burke has to step up for us one more time.

asmaha - gets that award whatever the heck the name of it is (prince of wales?) for promoting hockey for his playoff prediction thread second year running (despite knowing nothing about arena fly cameras).

In a class by himself as usual;
    STANLEY.
    We have seen negativity as we never have before.  Very discouraging.  To the shock and dismay of everyone, his predictions were as accurate as Komiserak punches.  STANLEY has to step up his game to regain his form of previous seasons.
    In spite of all this STANLEY gets the Masterson trophy for playing through adversity.
    In February doctors discovered some brain fragments lodged in STANLEY's skull, which will be removed in the off season.

The trolls.  
    All were contained and fairly well ignored with the exception of the one new virulent strain of troll, Mister Nothing, who offered nothing and drove a few posters over the edge most nobably Wheats, Kelvana and there was one other, can't remember who.

I invite one and all to post their season reviews 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins forum season in review

Just brought to my attention, SanDog gets the Richard trophy for most points in the season.

BSlegion and I are on the same wavelength this morning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

what about that Communist dude ?  or dud ? 
    How can we get rid of that ? She keeps pumping up that cr@p of hers and boy does it smell !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review:
    what about that Communist dude ?  or dud ?  How can we get rid of that ? She keeps pumping up that cr@p of hers and boy does it smell !
    Posted by BsLegion

I just glanced over that last thread.

I would have to look over some of his/her/its threads, but I distinctly remember that she claimed the avatar was her sister...  ok... adoption could explain that, but there is certainly something suspect about this poster and what gender and/or race he/she/it claims it is.

What's not suspect is that she/he/it is clearly mentally imbalanced.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Great, great post!

Dez and Chowda keep this whole board informed of all things in juniors/prospect, while still adding to the Bruins aspect. great jobs.

49 North needs to look at Kennedy and I-Like-Hockey to see how a fan of another team should post in this forum.

Bisson1, I like what he adds here, i know he had the should be easy thread, but I like what he brings to this forum.

Shupe is now the Marc Savard of this forum, except, we know where Marc Savard is. What the heck is going on there??

NAS is NAS, I find myself sometimes shaking my head at his stubborness, laughing out loud or telling myself how I know this will get things going. You cannot put a value on entertainment. If Red starts a post, I'm waiting for NAS to reply. Favorite post of his was a simple one when he replied to a thread started by BassFishing with a simple "thanks for checking in"...In it's context, it was hilarious.

Fletch as always is the voice of reason, however i feel he wastes his talents in here when he should be getting paid to write papers for college kids. I hear people are well spoken, he's well written if thats a term, I think he rebounded nicely from the incident on the airplane.

Nite and SoxFan, obviously with me the other two normal people here, bring great knowledge to this forum, SoxFan tends to get too low when the team loses and Nite uses too many exlamation points, when he writes about Timmy, I can hear him yelling it.

SanDog and i went at it a few weeks ago, he told me to go look at my highschool goalie pics. I get home that night, wife cleaned out a closet and handed me some pics she found. How did he do that? Always a good poster, the Teemu Selanne of the forum.

Olsonic,Ashama,OatesCam,LoyalBlackNGold,Wheats, always enjoy what they write...If I forgot your name I apologize, and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Bruins forum season in review:
    The trolls.   All were contained and fairly well ignored with the exception of the one new virulent strain of troll, Mister Nothing, who offered nothing and drove a few posters over the edge most nobably Wheats, Kelvana and there was one other, can't remember who. I invite one and all to post their season reviews 
    Posted by BadHabitude

Could have been me......not that I'm a regular poster.  Call me the Pouliot of the board.  I only show up on occasion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Badhabitude -  winner of the comeback poster of the year award ( multiple times ). He has been driven to the brink of going off the deep end by null and courageously came back every time. Keep up the good work !

Let's hope that he stays on track and is not nominated for the " I bet a dime Danny DeVito/Martini award" next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwaz5H7C1bs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Bruins forum season in review : Could have been me......not that I'm a regular poster.  Call me the Pouliot of the board.  I only show up on occasion.
    Posted by jalvis

You score game winners though Jalvis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Shuperman was the Horton of the board: what was hoped to be a brief absence turned season-ending. And I blame him for the loss.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As time and his full career has shown us -- last year was basically a fluke for Thomas -- his dominance of last year did not repeat itself and doubtedly will in the future.  It's time for Rask to take over and to deal Thomas -- his trade value is only going to go down the longer we hold on to him.
    Posted by bellhorn_

What on earth does this post have to do with this thread/topic?
    And how does one fluke into TWO Vezinas?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : What on earth does this post have to do with this thread/topic? And how does one fluke into TWO Vezinas?
    Posted by red75

Red, the guys got over 300 posts which all say the same thing. Lucaaco anyone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Fletch is my Hart trophy nominee.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

As time and his full career has shown us -- last year was basically a fluke for Thomas -- his dominance of last year did not repeat itself and doubtedly will in the future.  It's time for Rask to take over and to deal Thomas -- his trade value is only going to go down the longer we hold on to him.
    Posted by bellhorn_

Thomas doesnt post on this board, at least I dont think he does (Nite???) but hey, the Red Sox forum is down the hall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

Posted by bellhorn_

just...odd

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I had a strained right index finger, so I couldn't post much in the postseason. Can we give out a worst thread ever to the guy who started the "This is Easy" series thread....pathetic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Can we give out a worst thread ever to the guy who started the "This is Easy" series thread....pathetic.
    Posted by dannycater

Seconded

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I had a strained right index finger, so I couldn't post much in the postseason. Can we give out a worst thread ever to the guy who started the "This is Easy" series thread....pathetic.
    Posted by dannycater

Yeah screw that guy for having confidence in his favorite team. To be fair who expected the Caps to even come close to winning it? They were a different team once the playoffs started.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

confidence in your favorite team is one thing, and ripping an opponent that had already proven they had the B's number in the reg. season is...well, that's just dumb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I consider myself the Bob Essensa of this board. Been here forever, only pipe up occasionally. "you're the goalie coach, shut up and coach goalies"

My Lady Byng nominee goes to longtime member, RHO. Always courteous and never vitriolic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins forum season in review : Yeah screw that guy for having confidence in his favorite team. To be fair who expected the Caps to even come close to winning it? They were a different team once the playoffs started.
    Posted by Bisson1

Doncha find that, in the NHL, teams 'transform' themselves from their regular season identities into playoff mode?  So many times, a team that doesn't seem particularly dangerous during the regular season, becomes a lethal opponent in a playoff round.

I think that both the Kings & Caps did that to our respective teams.  Coaching changes and deadline deals fundamentally changed these teams, and as they used Feb/Mar to install systems and get used to the coach and new players, it became more difficult to scout these teams to determine their tendencies.  Similarities with these two teams: both ranked as contenders for their top 3 conference seeds, both underperforming during the regular season, and both 'finding their game' in time for Round 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

MVP  --  Tuuka.  Lots of fun.

Instigator  --  null.  He has no imagination.  He is neither fun nor funny.  But I love watching (reading) many of you loose your minds over his posts.  That's fun!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good, funny thread.  I would like to point to several lower, middle, and upper body injuries that hampered production over the year from this keyboard.  Flu-like symptoms and possible Dustin Penner-like eating injuries also caused setbacks.

I boldly predicted a poor season for Geno Malkin, a Cup run by Tampa Bay, and a relatively easy first-round victory for the Bruins, so clearly lingering concussion symptoms are a factor too.  Thanks for the tip on the psychologist Stanley -- the new meds are working great.  I predict John Edwards for President.

I also remember shaking my head at kelvana's Kings-Caps prediction until, well, sometime last week.  I fought with stevegm and was then promptly reminded that he's one of my favorite posters here.  

Many great regulars have been mentioned above, but I think some of the underrated posters with the shrewdest analysis this year were Crowls, Olsonic, DrCC, and a few others that I can't recall at the moment.  This board is getting smarter.  Bookboy is no longer a shoe-in to win the IQ contest.

And I light a candle of rememberence to the memorable posters who have left or rarely visit anymore -- shupe, Duinne, cowboys, Drewski, RMiller.  Somebody tell shupe that he doesn't have to serve Raffi Torres' suspensions here.

It's been a humbling year for myself and the team...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

MVP  --  Tuuka.  Lots of fun. Instigator  --  null.  He has no imagination.  He is neither fun nor funny.  But I love watching (reading) many of you loose your minds over his posts.  That's fun!
    Posted by schlich

Tuuka I can handle, he's just goofing.  

null on the other hand...  First, he's virtually admitted he's Brian Tuohy this clown who's marketing his book and website that ALL sports are rigged, mlb, nba, nascar, nfl, olympics, everything.  And ironic that Tuohy is rigging his own book reviews and working sites like this one to try to generate interest in his garbage.

Why does it touch a nerve?  Because it claims that sports are a fraud, that when something happens "too hollywood" it is because it is orchestrated.  And if you have played sports in your life at an amateur level, high school, college, semi pro or minor league this or that, you know that fantastic come backs happen.  And I know that no one is getting paid at all in those leagues.

He hates sports, he hates hockey and he's full of it.  If it is so scripted as he says he ought to be a billionaire by betting the way the script says.

The board is getting smarter.

The trolls are becoming more virulent.

This head game that communist contrarian has been playing is outright bizarre.

Sections
Shortcuts