Bruin's front runners for Awards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Bruin's front runners for Awards

The NHL website has posted the 3/4 mark award front runners for this season. To nobody's surprise Thomas is leading for the Vezina, but there are other Bruins in the mix for the other awards. Peter Chiarelli is placed 3rd for GM of the year for his moves at the trade deadline thus far, Bergeron is placed 2nd for the Selke trophy, and Thomas was also 3rd in the Masterton Trophy for perseverance and dedication to Hockey. Thomas was also mentioned in the Hart Trophy talk, but because it is so hard for a goalie to win the Hart Trophy they removed him and replaced him with Sidney Crosby who is out for the rest of the year, if that makes any sense.

Here is the link to see all the candidates:
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=554029

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Bruin's front runners for Awards

Thomas deserves the Hart as much as anyone.

37 should win the Selke - hands down.

Is Marchand in the running for Rookie of the Year - can he qualify?

Mario Lemieux for Whiner of the Year?

whiningpresent participle of whine (Verb)
    1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
    2. Complain in a feeble, petulant, or childish manner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Goalies generally don't win the Hart due to the Vezina.

Bergeron won't win the Selke this year.  It seems like it takes a couple of years of high level offensive/defensive work for players to be considered for that.

Thomas should earn another Vezina, without question. 

Julien will not get the Jack Adams!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Wow, i thought matt cooke would win the lady bing!! Marchand should get some calder votes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Marchand qualifies, but Logan Couture is leading the Sharks in goal scoring. Behind him is Jeff Skinner and Michael Grabner from the Islanders. They also have Taylor Hall as an honorable mention behind Grabner. Marchand I'd say sits in 5th behind Hall. not bad considering the number of rookies in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin's front runners for Awards:
    [QUOTE]Thomas deserves the Hart as much as anyone. 37 should win the Selke - hands down. Is Marchand in the running for Rookie of the Year - can he qualify? Mario Lemieux for Whiner of the Year? whining present participle of whine (Verb) 1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound. 2. Complain in a feeble, petulant, or childish manner.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Yes Marchand qualifies since he has less than 25 games previous NHL experience and is under the age of 28 (the Makarov rule).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

pc 3rd in gm award is interesting. you wouldn't think they'd consider a guy who hasn't been gm for at least 2 teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Sedins have a realistic shot to finish 1-2 in scoring.Pretty cool for them if they could pull it off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

We need a trophy.  A big one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thomas will also likely get the Crozier and possibly Jennings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas will also likely get the Crozier and possibly Jennings.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I want him to get as many awards as possible, but I honestly had to look up the Crozier Award.  Any award that is nothing more than an advertisement (MBNA/Mastercard Roger Crozier Saving Grace Award) isn't a real award.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas deserves the Hart as much as anyone. 37 should win the Selke - hands down. Is Marchand in the running for Rookie of the Year - can he qualify? Mario Lemieux for Whiner of the Year? whining present participle of whine (Verb) 1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound. 2. Complain in a feeble, petulant, or childish manner.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Hands Down? I think Bergy will get a lot of consideration, but if there's a hands down winner? PD in Detroit is still the best. He's missed 20 games this season & is still over a point a game. Then Kesler. I think there should be some consideration into the fact that Bergy has come back from such adversity, but I'm biased.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Bruin's front runners for Awards:
    [QUOTE]   The NHL website has posted the 3/4 mark award front runners for this season. To nobody's surprise Thomas is leading for the Vezina, but there are other Bruins in the mix for the other awards. Peter Chiarelli is placed 3rd for GM of the year for his moves at the trade deadline thus far, Bergeron is placed 2nd for the Selke trophy, and Thomas was also 3rd in the Masterton Trophy for perseverance and dedication to Hockey. Thomas was also mentioned in the Hart Trophy talk, but because it is so hard for a goalie to win the Hart Trophy they removed him and replaced him with Sidney Crosby who is out for the rest of the year, if that makes any sense. Here is the link to see all the candidates: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=554029   
    Posted by captainbergeron[/QUOTE]

It'll be a shame if TT doesn't get some consideration for the Hart, but I truly think that votes for the Pearson will mean a lot more to Timmy! That would mean he finally gets the R-E-S-P-E-C-T he deserves directly from his peers!
    Also, I think that would shut a lot of people up on here! Their arguments would be dead!!!! Players don't vote for overrated players, players don't vote for players that are protected because of a teams system.

Sections
Shortcuts