Bruins Game 5: Just Not Good Enough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

Re: Bruins Game 5: Just Not Good Enough

In Response to Re: Bruins Game 5: Just Not Good Enough:
    General consensus: Game 1 and 2 they played "Vancouver's hockey". Game 3 and 4 they played "Boston's hockey". Game 5 back to "Vancouver's hockey". Game 1, 2 and 5 were the most entertaining and exciting games I've witnessed in a long while, and game 3 and 4 were disgusting, dirty, sordid affairs full of cheap shots on both sides. Boston, are you really proud of "Boston hockey"? I'm glad Boston is in the East and we don't have to watch this garbage all that often.
    Posted by SpeedBeatsThugs

of course you are, getting outscored so badly. another tool. who started the biting and then laughed in the face of the lack of suspension, hospitalized one of our players and has players that clutch thier faces, falling to the ground as if they were stabbed??? are all THREE of your posts this brilliant??? if so i will have to check them out!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

General consensus: Game 1 and 2 they played "Vancouver's hockey". Game 3 and 4 they played "Boston's hockey". Game 5 back to "Vancouver's hockey". Game 1, 2 and 5 were the most entertaining and exciting games I've witnessed in a long while, and game 3 and 4 were disgusting, dirty, sordid affairs full of cheap shots on both sides. Boston, are you really proud of "Boston hockey"? I'm glad Boston is in the East and we don't have to watch this garbage all that often.
    Posted by SpeedBeatsThugs

Interesting that no Bruins were tossed from this series and no Canucks have been bitten. Get off of your high horse. There's still plenty to see in the real world.
        GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

They played and likely were coached for road hockey; and against Vancouver that is good enough to lose - period. Campbell on the power play? he couldn't win a face off, let alone make skilled plays on the power play; the biased announcers had one thing right, "where was Seguin on the power play?" Lucic looked like he was back in cement skates. Peverly skating fast up ice, but nobody with him, 1 on 3; he's good but not that good. Marchant not finishing checks. Tim Thomas, Ference, Seguin (limited action), Peverly came to win; the others have to step up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The failure to win Game 5 came down to one thing last night: Power Play, or again, the lack thereof for Boston.

Bruins had the first 4 PP's of the game and did not come close to cashing in. Again, much as I must give credit to CJ for getting them where they are, I still shake my head and wonder what his aversion to Seguin on the PP is.

There's no evidence that the units he's putting out there now are getting the job done consistently and the clogging Van. does at neutral ice can best be broken w/speed on the wing a la Segs. Wish he'd give it a try, and give the kid more minutes in general, but then I'm a broken record on this topic.

STILL...all this bump in the road means is that my prediction of Bruins in 7, game-winner by Lucic, is now closer to reality.

The B's play their best hockey when their backs are against the wall and the rest of the hockey world has left them for dead (watch, btw, how quickly the fickle media who went from "Van. is done" after games 3 and 4 now get collective amnesia and start writing about how the Bruins will have no chance now b/c they "can't win in Vancouver" and equal nonsense.)

The Bruins will win Game 6 at home, and Game 7 is an animal apart from all others. It laughs at all previous games as if they were mock exhibitions. It makes its own rules.

Bruins in 7.

Go Bruins!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree that PP missed an opportunity to get a jump on the Nucks, but disagree that is the single reason to point to.

B's went 0-4 on the PP
    Nucks went 0-3 on the PP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Vancouver outchecked, and was more aggressive on the puck all night.  They played a solid 2-way game.  Simple gameplan that worked. 

Boston played a good game, not a great game.  Marchand was invisible.  Lucic kept fumbling the puck. 

But I still say if that Chris Kelly crossbar shot went in, we could have won that one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The failure to win Game 5 came down to one thing last night: Power Play, or again, the lack thereof for Boston. Bruins had the first 4 PP's of the game and did not come close to cashing in. Again, much as I must give credit to CJ for getting them where they are, I still shake my head and wonder what his aversion to Seguin on the PP is. There's no evidence that the units he's putting out there now are getting the job done consistently and the clogging Van. does at neutral ice can best be broken w/speed on the wing a la Segs. Wish he'd give it a try, and give the kid more minutes in general, but then I'm a broken record on this topic. STILL...all this bump in the road means is that my prediction of Bruins in 7, game-winner by Lucic, is now closer to reality. The B's play their best hockey when their backs are against the wall and the rest of the hockey world has left them for dead (watch, btw, how quickly the fickle media who went from "Van. is done" after games 3 and 4 now get collective amnesia and start writing about how the Bruins will have no chance now b/c they "can't win in Vancouver" and equal nonsense.) The Bruins will win Game 6 at home, and Game 7 is an animal apart from all others. It laughs at all previous games as if they were mock exhibitions. It makes its own rules. Bruins in 7. Go Bruins!!
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Good post as usual TTBI and one other thing I noticed was Vancouver clogged the shooting lane all night long when the B's attempted to create offense from the point.  Some of our best chances never even got to Luongo.  Make an adjustment for Game 6 and make it a one game series.  "Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2010-2011"...courtesy of Stanley

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

THE BRUINS WILL TAKE GAME 6 AND  FLIP A COIN WHO WINS GAME 7   ONE BAD CALL  ONE LUCKY BOUNCE WILL MAKE THE WINNER

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Agree that PP missed an opportunity to get a jump on the Nucks, but disagree that is the single reason to point to. B's went 0-4 on the PP Nucks went 0-3 on the PP
    Posted by Crowls2424

I'm in full agreement with you Crowls. In a series in which Van has only scored 1 goal on specials teams(compared to Boston's 5) the PP is just one more reason they failed to capitalize.Bergeron missed 2 quality chances from in front on the PP. It was pretty much the best PP scoring chance that either team had.
        GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The failure to win Game 5 came down to one thing last night: Power Play, or again, the lack thereof for Boston. Bruins had the first 4 PP's of the game and did not come close to cashing in. Again, much as I must give credit to CJ for getting them where they are, I still shake my head and wonder what his aversion to Seguin on the PP is. There's no evidence that the units he's putting out there now are getting the job done consistently and the clogging Van. does at neutral ice can best be broken w/speed on the wing a la Segs. Wish he'd give it a try, and give the kid more minutes in general, but then I'm a broken record on this topic. STILL...all this bump in the road means is that my prediction of Bruins in 7, game-winner by Lucic, is now closer to reality. The B's play their best hockey when their backs are against the wall and the rest of the hockey world has left them for dead (watch, btw, how quickly the fickle media who went from "Van. is done" after games 3 and 4 now get collective amnesia and start writing about how the Bruins will have no chance now b/c they "can't win in Vancouver" and equal nonsense.) The Bruins will win Game 6 at home, and Game 7 is an animal apart from all others. It laughs at all previous games as if they were mock exhibitions. It makes its own rules. Bruins in 7. Go Bruins!!
    Posted by TryToBearIt

TTBI, as usual, I can't agree with all that you've written(I thought Bruins had some good chances on PP) but I am with you on 99% of it and I'm loving your new found optimism. You realize just what I do also. That Boston is by no means done and that the numbers become meaningless when the season gets to this point. This Bruins team has rewarded my loyalty with a number of gutsy wins already in these playoffs. Besides that my friend, it just wouldn't be the Bruins if they did something the easy way.
        GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!  .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Game 5: Just Not Good Enough : I'm in full agreement with you Crowls. In a series in which Van has only scored 1 goal on specials teams(compared to Boston's 5) the PP is just one more reason they failed to capitalize.Bergeron missed 2 quality chances from in front on the PP. It was pretty much the best PP scoring chance that either team had.     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

You nailed it right there Dez. Bergeron's scoring touch is missing for a while. On the rebound he had more time than he thought and got off a panic shot. The team as a whole was in Clods win 0-0 pattern and by not playing Seguin on the PP in the first was terrible on his part.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Thank you crowls - many rose-colored glasses people fail to see that here.  Instead, they just start with the "F Burrows! F Lapierre! F The Sedin Sisters! F Vigneault!"  That, for some reason, hating the Canucks to high heaven will make the Bruins win. The Bruins didn't show up tonight, folks.  Get real.  They played "safe."  That's how you lose.  Vancouver was ripe for the taking.  
    Posted by ipot

The Bruins didn't show up ? Are you guys kidding me ? The Bruins didn't show up for the most improtant game of their lives? Get real or stop posting such rubbish!

Vancouver picked it up a notch and the Bruins ,for whatever reason, seemed to be doing everything they could to STAY OUT OF THE PEANALTY BOX.  They succeeded
    by not being as physical and emotional ! That's it ! No mystery  here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Game 5: Just Not Good Enough : TTBI, as usual, I can't agree with all that you've written(I thought Bruins had some good chances on PP) but I am with you on 99% of it and I'm loving your new found optimism. You realize just what I do also. That Boston is by no means done and that the numbers become meaningless when the season gets to this point. This Bruins team has rewarded my loyalty with a number of gutsy wins already in these playoffs. Besides that my friend, it just wouldn't be the Bruins if they did something the easy way.     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!  .
    Posted by dezaruchi

Right on, Dez....this has been the mark of this Bruins team...making us sweat and worry and grind it out as observers, but ultimately coming thru....look, they survived that 0-2 hole vs. the Habs AND a Game 7 OT vs those guys...so a comeback against Vancouver doesn't exactly make me quake in my boots.

As for the PP, I guess what I meant was that game looks a whole lot diff. last night if they coulda got that first goal (it just felt like one of those games where it was gonna be a 1-goal winner), and while there were chances, they didn;t seem to be moving the puck around as well as in Boston, and went back to that mode where they have trouble getting into the opposing zone cleanly. Really, I just wanna see more Seguin! especially on the PP. Every time he's out there it feels like soemthing good is gonna happen for Boston & then Claude pulls him back. I get that he worries about Segs' defense, but on the PP that shouldn't be as much of a concern.

Another thing that coulda changed that whole  dynamic was Kelly's shot half an inch lower--instead he rings the X-bar, but hey, that's hockey.

Allls I know is every game they've lost in Van. has been decided by a single goal. They're not getting run outta that building and eventually the breaks are gonna turn in their favor.

They may make us sweat Monday night to get there, but they WILL get there, and I ALMOST feel sorry for the Vancouver fans who are gonna be convinced they'll win game 7 cuz they're back home only to watch their own native son Milan Lucic crush their hearts with the game-winner for Boston.

Go Bruins!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

TTBI and DEZ, you are so right. I kept looking for Seguin in the 1st period, especially on the PP, and Claude sends out Recchi and Campbell. Do you remember when I posted that my biggest concern would be Claude's decisions? It's coming true, but I still love how this team has performed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The failure to win Game 5 came down to one thing last night: Power Play, or again, the lack thereof for Boston. Bruins had the first 4 PP's of the game and did not come close to cashing in. Again, much as I must give credit to CJ for getting them where they are, I still shake my head and wonder what his aversion to Seguin on the PP is.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Greg Campbell yes that is not a misprint GREG CAMPBELL was inserted onto the PP as an answer by Doug Houda?!?! W T F over....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Right on, RHO, IPOT, and Orr Alum...they played it safe, low key, and didn't have any push back to Vancouver's aggression.  No phsyical or emotional engagement.  I could almost envision Claude prepping them with a "Stay out of the box, stay disciplined, guys!" speech.  

Street fight, thuggery, playing with force, whatever you want to call it--it worked in Boston and I saw none of it last night.  From the first shift on, the Bruins tucked their tails between their legs and allowed the Canucks to dictate play. Our best players weren't our best players, but our physical players were not our most physical players either.  They bascially gave Luongo and the Vancouver players a reprieve, more time for bumps and bruises to heal.

Yeah, we miss Savard and Horton, but after watching games like last night, I really miss Mark Stuart and his intimidation factor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Right on, RHO, IPOT, and Orr Alum...they played it safe, low key, and didn't have any push back to Vancouver's aggression.  No phsyical or emotional engagement.  I could almost envision Claude prepping them with a "Stay out of the box, stay disciplined, guys!" speech.   Street fight, thuggery, playing with force, whatever you want to call it--it worked in Boston and I saw none of it last night.  From the first shift on, the Bruins tucked their tails between their legs and allowed the Canucks to dictate play. Our best players weren't our best players, but our physical players were not our most physical players either.  They bascially gave Luongo and the Vancouver players a reprieve, more time for bumps and bruises to heal. Yeah, we miss Savard and Horton, but after watching games like last night, I really miss Mark Stuart and his intimidation factor.
    Posted by wesman

Well said, buddy.  While the effort last night was strong, it still wasn't of the balls-out variety displayed in Boston in which the Bruins hit all things Canuck.  In those games the B's physical play didn't give Vancouver the chance to bring the game to them. 

I've heard one of Luongo's flaws is pucks at his feet.  Last night the Bruins didn't mount enough of a concentrated attack in which to do so i. e., going for rebounds.  Curious why they would stray from what worked so well in Games 3 and 4.  They'd better revert to that form next game and in Game 7.

Sections
Shortcuts