Bruins getting dished by NHL Coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Bruins getting dished by NHL Coach

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/nhl-coach-on-bruins-forward-depth-god-bless-them-but-they-have-two-fourth-lines/   I wander what coach made this comment

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bruins getting dished by NHL Coach

The optimist would say Boston has two 3rd lines.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Interesting take. I would venture to guess that not too many teams have a "third line" with 20 and 16 goal scorers on them. The B's didn't even have that last year by the way. Sounds like wishful thinking by a certain nameless NHL coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

God bless this misguided sap of a coach. Two fourth lines? Yah.....okay, our third line is better than some teams second , and there are allot of teams that would love to have our 4th

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Cowardly coach withholds his name. I have no idea who it is, but I'll tell you who it isn't:  John Tortorella!  If he said it, he'd have demanded that his name be attached to it.

“There’s a reason [Roltson] was available,” said an NHL source.

"Yes there is a reason, " said NAS, not afraid to be on the record.  "He was available because the other NHL teams were asleep at the wheel.  Rolston's 15 points in 21 games playing third line minutes is pretty amazing for someone who was looked over by 28 teams.  I bet the 9th and 10th places teams in each conference would have been thrilled with that sort of point injection.  A win for Chiarelli, a loss for the rest of the GMs out there.  I guess that's why Peter has his shiny new ring."  NAS laughed and knocked back another shot of whiskey.  "Tell this Buffalo scout and Lindy Ruff that the Boston fans say hello."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Bruins getting dished by NHL Coach": [QUOTE]Cowardly coach withholds his name. I have no idea who it is, but I'll tell you who it isn't:  John Tortorella!  If he said it, he'd have demanded that his name be attached to it. “There’s a reason [Roltson] was available,” said an NHL source. "Yes there is a reason, " said NAS, not afraid to be on the record.  "He was available because the other NHL teams were asleep at the wheel.  Rolston's 15 points in 21 games playing third line minutes is pretty amazing for someone who was looked over by 28 teams.  I bet the 9th and 10th places teams in each conference would have been thrilled with that sort of point injection.  A win for Chiarelli, a loss for the rest of the GMs out there.  I guess that's why Peter has his shiny new ring."  NAS laughed and knocked back another shot of whiskey.  "Tell this Buffalo scout and Lindy Ruff that the Boston fans say hello." Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Can't see Torts making that comment...but your absolutely right, he would never withhold his name..I don't think that's his style. interesting to know who said it though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins getting dished by NHL Coach:
    [QUOTE]Cowardly coach withholds his name. I have no idea who it is, but I'll tell you who it isn't:  John Tortorella!  If he said it, he'd have demanded that his name be attached to it. “There’s a reason [Roltson] was available,” said an NHL source. "Yes there is a reason, " said NAS, not afraid to be on the record.  "He was available because the other NHL teams were asleep at the wheel.  Rolston's 15 points in 21 games playing third line minutes is pretty amazing for someone who was looked over by 28 teams.  I bet the 9th and 10th places teams in each conference would have been thrilled with that sort of point injection.  A win for Chiarelli, a loss for the rest of the GMs out there.  I guess that's why Peter has his shiny new ring."  NAS laughed and knocked back another shot of whiskey.  "Tell this Buffalo scout and Lindy Ruff that the Boston fans say hello."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

[QUOTE]Cowardly coach withholds his name. I have no idea who it is, but I'll tell you who it isn't:  John Tortorella!  If he said it, he'd have demanded that his name be attached to it. “There’s a reason [Roltson] was available,” said an NHL source. "Yes there is a reason, " said NAS, not afraid to be on the record.  "He was available because the other NHL teams were asleep at the wheel.  Rolston's 15 points in 21 games playing third line minutes is pretty amazing for someone who was looked over by 28 teams.  I bet the 9th and 10th places teams in each conference would have been thrilled with that sort of point injection.  A win for Chiarelli, a loss for the rest of the GMs out there.  I guess that's why Peter has his shiny new ring."  NAS laughed and knocked back another shot of whiskey.  "Tell this Buffalo scout and Lindy Ruff that the Boston fans say hello."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Gold NAS^^^^  !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

The fact that he says God Bless Them must mean he's a coach on the outside looking in.  Anyhow, if you are curious as how Rolston compares to last years deadline deals, here's how he stacks up.  Peveryly and Kelly's numbers are from last year, regualr season after being traded to the Bruins.  Rolston's are from this year after being traded to the Bruins.              

GP    G    A    P    +/-
    Peverley       23    4    3    7     -1    
    Kelly            24    2    3    5     -1
    Rolston        21    3   12   15    +7   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

This guy lost all his credibilty when he started working for ESPN. Go talk about the NBA, such a well run league and a very complex game -sarcasm-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that he says God Bless Them must mean he's a coach on the outside looking in.  Anyhow, if you are curious as how Rolston compares to last years deadline deals, here's how he stacks up.  Peveryly and Kelly's numbers are from last year, regualr season after being traded to the Bruins.  Rolston's are from this year after being traded to the Bruins.                                 GP    G    A    P    +/- Peverley       23    4    3    7     -1     Kelly            24    2    3    5     -1 Rolston        21    3   12   15    +7   
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

Or the fact that the coach said that means he is old, likely pushing 50-60. My grandpa used to say that. Any coaches set to retire soon?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's probably Crawford or Keenan and reading that I am confirmed there is a reason they are both shining seats behind desks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wouldn't the real story be that Boston's "two 4th lines" keep outplaying the other team?

As fans who watch this team every game, there's no doubt that the likes of Kelly-Rolston-Pouliot-Caron/Paille-Campbell-Thornton will be a difference in Boston's favor over the bottom 6 any other team throws out there (PIT perhaps the closest). Even strength, PK and individuals rotating through the top 2 lines and even PP to create favorable matchups.

I have zero concern about the bottom 6. This coach doesn't know what he's talking about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Two fourth lines????? Second most goals in the NHL. Sounds me to they are close to having two 1st lines.

when your on top, people will nitpik anything, and it's usually and uneducated ntpik.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't the real story be that Boston's "two 4th lines" keep outplaying the other team? As fans who watch this team every game, there's no doubt that the likes of Kelly-Rolston-Pouliot-Caron/Paille-Campbell-Thornton will be a difference in Boston's favor over the bottom 6 any other team throws out there (PIT perhaps the closest). Even strength, PK and individuals rotating through the top 2 lines and even PP to create favorable matchups. I have zero concern about the bottom 6. This coach doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

To that I would add Detroit:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20112012&gameType=2&team=DET&position=S&country=&status=&viewName=summary

They still have a lot of depth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I wouldn't call it getting dished, it's just one guy's assessment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

seems like something a still bitter Vigneault would do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Agreed on DET. And what PIT/BOS/DET is situational depth, not just balanced numbers. Some teams have 3rd and 4th lines that can score a few goals, but only the select few have players on those lines that can take a shift with anyone and not be way out of place plus or minus.

The Bs pose matchup nightmares. Same as last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed on DET. And what PIT/BOS/DET is situational depth, not just balanced numbers. Some teams have 3rd and 4th lines that can score a few goals, but only the select few have players on those lines that can take a shift with anyone and not be way out of place plus or minus. The Bs pose matchup nightmares. Same as last year.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I am watching Det v CHI right now and you can tell Babcock has no qualms about rolling 4 lines. Chicago, not so much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Their two "4th lines"  consistently outplay that coaches 2nd and 3rd lines.  My guess it was probably Linday "no playoffs" Ruff or Dale "one and done" Hunter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

They didn't let the unknown coach continue :

If he had he would have mentioned that the Bruins 2 fourth lines put up better numbers than most 2 and 3 lines from teams in the Second Season !....They must have run out of tape or print....Oh right !!!  This is digital era....then they must have run out of RAM or Hard drive or what ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It was Randy Cunneyworth - He meant to say it in French but his skills are not yet up to par.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]It was Randy Cunneyworth - He meant to say it in French but his skills are not yet up to par.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

HAHA!! Or maybe he tried to say it in French and it got lost in translation? Maybe he meant to say the B's have two first lines?

Sections
Shortcuts