Bruins got lucky tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Bruins got lucky tonight

Won the game on a bad penalty call.  Couldn't have come at a better time, as the Bruins were exhausted and the Lightning were skating circles around them.  There were bad calls on both teams, but the Bruins made out better in the officiating department tonight, IMO.  I thought that they did last night as well, although not in such an obvious way.  Besides the Stamkos boarding penalty for a shoulder-to-shoulder hit, the second penalty that Marchand drew was just two players battling for the puck.

Remember this when the refs blow calls against the Bruins.  The bad calls really do even out over the course of a season. 

That said, I am delighted with a win.  I was hoping that the Bruins could hold the Lighting off long enough to get a loser point for an overtime loss after TB tied it up in the third.  That Recchi goal was a pleasant surprise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Bruins got lucky tonight

I'll add TT was looking tired tonight. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've said it a hundred times I'll take lucky and ugly wins all season long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Back to back games are always tough.... To get 4 pts out of 4 is very nice indeed..and to top it off LeScabs got shut out tonite.. Good Day all around..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In a 82 game season there will be many points gotten that maybe you don't deserve (for every team) and I for one will take every one of them with a smile.

To have a chance at success in the playoffs you have to make it there first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Great, lucky win and Bruins help themselves to 1st point differential . Now Tampa's next game is against the Habs and Tampa will not want to lose again at home. Another plus for the Bruins beating the Lightning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

There is a strange irony that this is how the Bruins take over sole possession of the division lead over the Habs, although they technically took the lead last night.  The Bruins win with the help of bad officiating.  The Habs have been the beneficiaries of more bad officiating than any other team in the league.  It seems fitting somehow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight:
    There is a strange irony that this is how the Bruins take over sole possession of the division lead over the Habs, although they technically took the lead last night.  The Bruins win with the help of bad officiating.  The Habs have been the beneficiaries of more bad officiating than any other team in the league.  It seems fitting somehow.
    Posted by Mutant211
    Couldn't agree with you more, watching hab home games and the way calls go in there favour if the game is in question is a black eye on the league, IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A lot of things in hockey is based on luck.  Pittsburgh got Crosby because they were lucky.

W is W.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A lot of things in hockey is based on luck.  Pittsburgh got Crosby because they were lucky. W is W.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

and so did Chicago get lucky by winning the lottery. I think it was Kane .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : and so did Chicago get lucky by winning the lottery. I think it was Kane .
    Posted by BsLegion
    And boston got lucky, being such a terrible team when Orr was up for grabs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : And boston got lucky, being such a terrible team when Orr was up for grabs.
    Posted by pauly1

Do you mean Colton Orr?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Toews is a bigger part of that team than Kane. And anyone who overlooks Keith & Seabrook on the backend can stop talking about hockey anytime.

Edmonton could get very scary in two years if they pick a couple solid Dmen and find a goalie. Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi are three scarily skilled guys.

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : and so did Chicago get lucky by winning the lottery. I think it was Kane .
    Posted by BsLegion

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Posted by BsLegion

I will give NAS the nod on this one Legion.. 30 teams had a crack at Crosby if you remember in that draft after the lockout.. Chicago only had to beat out 4..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : And boston got lucky, being such a terrible team when Orr was up for grabs.
    Posted by pauly1

Ummm... Orr was never drafted. They scouted him, found him (Milt Schmidt had gone to see two other players, but found Orr instead) and directed him to Oshawa where he'd be Bruins property. No draft, no luck, just Schmidt knowing a great hockey player when he saw one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : Ummm... Orr was never drafted. They scouted him, found him (Milt Schmidt had gone to see two other players, but found Orr instead) and directed him to Oshawa where he'd be Bruins property. No draft, no luck, just Schmidt knowing a great hockey player when he saw one.
    Posted by red75

Excellent response red75. R.G. Orr was B's property all along, cultivated with the Generals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : Ummm... Orr was never drafted. They scouted him, found him (Milt Schmidt had gone to see two other players, but found Orr instead) and directed him to Oshawa where he'd be Bruins property. No draft, no luck, just Schmidt knowing a great hockey player when he saw one.
    Posted by red75

Actually, it was scout ( at the time ) Wren Blair who was the one who let the Bruins know about Orr .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : Actually, it was scout ( at the time ) Wren Blair who was the one who let the Bruins know about Orr .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Correct. But it was also Blair who gained the trust of Mr & Mrs. Orr that allowed Boston to sign him and let him play in Oshawa.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Talk about lucky...How about the trade of Ron Grahame to the Kings for a pick that turned out to be none other than Raymond Bourque?
    Doc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight :   Correct. But it was also Blair who gained the trust of Mr & Mrs. Orr that allowed Boston to sign him and let him play in Oshawa.
    Posted by Wheatskins

I see you read the book too !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

They were lucky, no thanks to Claude. Timmy was out of position on the goals as scored; Tuuka should have played. Recchi made a great shot, but almost gave the game away on an earlier flub because his ice time should be restricted to 4th line time. Someone needs to slap Claude on his head because he does not like the run and gun capabilities on this team. Horton was skating better in Florida, but fades away when restricted to up and down the wing. Grumble, grumble, grumble[ are we really in first place]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

They were lucky, no thanks to Claude. Timmy was out of position on the goals as scored; Tuuka should have played. Recchi made a great shot, but almost gave the game away on an earlier flub because his ice time should be restricted to 4th line time. Someone needs to slap Claude on his head because he does not like the run and gun capabilities on this team. Horton was skating better in Florida, but fades away when restricted to up and down the wing. Grumble, grumble, grumble[ are we really in first place]
    Posted by bogie6

Thomas won the game as the goaltender and Tuukka should have played ? Bogie , I'm not feeling too good about my upcoming retirement and old age after reading your post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

If you look at Tampa's goals, Thomas was interfered with on 2 of the three and St. Louis caught a break when the puck landed on his tape after deflecting off of Boychuk's skate.  Malone was a pain in the rear in the crease all night.  The first goal , Clark was straddling TT's head and the second goal Malone Pushed both McQuaid and Ference into the crease allowing lacavalier to squeeze it in on the wrap around, if bodies were not there, Timmy would have gotten that one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Got a nice goal from a rookie defenseman, off a classic Savard play (signs of life?).  Got a sweet shot from the high slot from the old man off a nice play by Bergeron.  Got a fast start and a goal from Ryder for the second game in a row - streaky scorer, n'est ce pas?  Bounced back three times after giving up tying goals.  Got another good offensive game from the fourth line.  Got some calls, but you earn bad calls too - and Marchand was working harder than the guys who were penalized.

All in all - what luck?  In this game, the really lucky junk resembles the St. Louis goal - when the puck is bouncing for you or against you.  Didn't happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Gotta be good to be lucky. Bruins in first place for the new years!

Sections
Shortcuts