Bruins got lucky tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Re: Bruins got lucky tonight

Whenever you win a game by one goal you can always say it was lucky. Good signs are:

1. Ryder kickng in his one goal a week
    2. Savard setting up Kampfer nicely
    3. Clod finally figuring out that Marchand belongs in the lineup. There is absolutely no reason for Paille to be playing unless somebody has a broken leg. He is useless but is obviously Clod's hero....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Wins...they dont ask you how, they ask you how many.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Win or not the Bs played too many minutes without the puck in there end.
    I was gonna post a vote on who was the Bs 2 worse players, Rechhi or Lucic.
    Lucic for some reason is skating like his ankle is hurting again and rechhi almost gave the game away. If you rewind guys and look at the goals against, yes some lucky bounces, but how did TB get that chance to begin with. Stupid decisions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight:
    [QUOTE]Whenever you win a game by one goal you can always say it was lucky. Good signs are: 1. Ryder kickng in his one goal a week 2. Savard setting up Kampfer nicely 3. Clod finally figuring out that Marchand belongs in the lineup. There is absolutely no reason for Paille to be playing unless somebody has a broken leg. He is useless but is obviously Clod's hero....
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]
    You don't watch many games do you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : I will give NAS the nod on this one Legion.. 30 teams had a crack at Crosby if you remember in that draft after the lockout.. Chicago only had to beat out 4..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I agree, I wasn't trying to debate Kane-Crosby,  Crosby to me is the best player in the league.
    I also agree with B&G that Toews is more of a key to the Hawks success than Kane.  It'll show now that Toews is hurt .
    I was just pointing out luck that the Hawks got.  Instead of having to draft VanRiemsdyk or Turris or as bad as a Thomas Hickey . I think Kane by far is the better player.

BTW didn't the Pens also get lucky on the draw with the Malkin ?  Now that's luck Mr. Shero !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Win or not the Bs played too many minutes without the puck in there end. I was gonna post a vote on who was the Bs 2 worse players, Rechhi or Lucic. Lucic for some reason is skating like his ankle is hurting again and rechhi almost gave the game away. If you rewind guys and look at the goals against, yes some lucky bounces, but how did TB get that chance to begin with. Stupid decisions.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    You were going to post that  vote and then must've realised how ridiculous it sounded.Lucic or Recchi?They both played too well for any absurd criticism.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : I agree, I wasn't trying to debate Kane-Crosby,  Crosby to me is the best player in the league. I also agree with B&G that Toews is more of a key to the Hawks success than Kane.  It'll show now that Toews is hurt . I was just pointing out luck that the Hawks got.  Instead of having to draft VanRiemsdyk or Turris or as bad as a Thomas Hickey . I think Kane by far is the better player. BTW didn't the Pens also get lucky on the draw with the Malkin ?  Now that's luck Mr. Shero !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

In 3 consecutive years, the Pens got the top overall pick (Crosby) and the second overall pick twice (Malkin and Staal).  Has any team in organized sports had such high picks for 3 straight years?  I don't think the Tampa Bay Rays ever drafted that high for 3 years

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

BTW didn't the Pens also get lucky on the draw with the Malkin ?  Now that's luck Mr. Shero !

Not really , it was either going to be him or Ovechkin.. and the Caps solved that problem.. Penguins actually picked 2nd that year .. There have been constant rumours going on for years that they tanked on purpose in order to secure these top picks year in year out.. You know what..good for them if they did.. sort of like short term pain for long term gain.. Edmonton seems to be following the same script I think :)  Imagine Crosby, Staal, Malkin, Fleury , all in a span of a few years .. Man o Man..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Legion - just to be clear, "Mr. Shero" inherited those picks, he didn't make them.  Fleury, Malkin, and Crosby were already there.

gapc - How 'bout the Quebec Nordiques?  Between 1988 and 1992, they drafted:

88 - 3rd (Curtis Leschyshyn), 5th (Daniel Dore)
    89 - 1st (Mats Sundin)
    90 - 1st (Owen Nolan)
    91 - 1st (Eric Lindros)
    92 - 4th (Todd Warriner)

This part's for cowboys and anyone else who wants to speculate how good the Oil will be in a few years:  Only Leschyshyn stayed with the franchise long enough to win the Cup in 95-96.  Warriner was dealt to the Leafs and didn't do much in the NHL.  Lindros was traded before he played a game and probably had more impact on the eventual Avs Cup win than any of the others.  His last real year was with the Laffs.  Nolan went to the Sharks for "PMD" Sandis Ozolinsh, then the Laffs (see a pattern?) for a package of picks and players including Brad Boyes and the answer to a trivia question (see below).  Sundin was dealt to the Leafs for Wendel Clark (same deal as Warriner) and, of course, never won a thing. 

That's right.  Every one of those picks except Leschyshyn and Dore played for the Laffs at some point.  As for the Nords, they didn't draft as high in '87.  Only 9th (Bryan Fogarty) and 15th.  15th was the lowest the Nords picked in the first round between 1979 and their departure for Colorado.  Oh, and they got some guy named Sakic with that pick.  He was their leader when they won the Cup in 95-96.

Trivia question and answer: Before Tyler Seguin, who was the last player the Bruins drafted with a first round pick that originally belonged to the Toronto Maple Leafs?

A:Mark Stuart.  They acquired the pick, plus 2nd and 4th rounders (one used to select Byron Bitz) from SJ by trading down from 16 to 21.  The Sharks took the well-travelled Steve Bernier.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

All kinds of points of debate, the Pens got lucky on crosby as nas was referring to cause all the teams had a shot at number one, the bottom 10 teams had 3 balls, the mid 10 had 2 balls, and the top ten had 1 (from the previous season played) and all teams seeded where they drew.. Not the same as a traditional draft..

The comment on Orr.. Orr was luck.. The bruins were there to scout a different player and spotted Orr as a 14 year old.. Players weren't drafted back then, they were scouted and signed. I believe Orr was committed to the bruins at 14 years old for $1000 bucks..

As far as last nights game.. The call was a bad call, but that doesnt make it luck, thomas has stolen plenty of games all year, it wasn't like the goal was a bogus goal, or a lucky bounce..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Legion - just to be clear, "Mr. Shero" inherited those picks, he didn't make them.  Fleury, Malkin, and Crosby were already there. gapc Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

For sure I should have worded it that way . Still lucky.
    What did Chiarelli inherit ?  No luck there, he's built his own.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : For sure I should have worded it that way . Still lucky. What did Chiarelli inherit ?  No luck there, he's built his own.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I know, every one talks about not getting shero cause "Jacobs was to cheap".. I have said several times, if you had the chance to take a franchise with crosby malkin, mario etc.. with no expectations of winning immediately (finished near last 3 straight years)  which job would you take?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I've said it a hundred times I'll take lucky and ugly wins all season long.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yup many of the Bs victories were the same in the dream season of 2008-09.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight:[QUOTE] Got a nice goal from a rookie defenseman, off a classic Savard play (signs of life?).  Didn't happen. Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Si!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : Ummm... Orr was never drafted. They scouted him, found him (Milt Schmidt had gone to see two other players, but found Orr instead) and directed him to Oshawa where he'd be Bruins property. No draft, no luck, just Schmidt knowing a great hockey player when he saw one.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Please don't make stuff up.  Your recent posts are very Duinne-like.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : Ummm... Orr was never drafted. They scouted him, found him (Milt Schmidt had gone to see two other players, but found Orr instead) and directed him to Oshawa where he'd be Bruins property. No draft, no luck, just Schmidt knowing a great hockey player when he saw one.Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Pretty much how Milt Schmidt has described it many times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Nas,
    what seems made up about that? some of the names are wrong, and facts slightly skewed, but it is more or less correct.. Orr was signed to the bruins at 14, after a scout noticed him while going to scout another player..

maybe thats the disney version, the facts are all a little skewed, but the bruins were only "lucky" in the fact that he was there when they went to see someone else.. and he stood out..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

And I am sure one of the resident "experts" will correct me if I am wrong but Ron G. is the father of John G. (late 90's) who hurt his ankle on a curbstone while playing for the B's, on a Ray B. team if I remember correctly...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]And I am sure one of the resident "experts" will correct me if I am wrong but Ron G. is the father of John G. (late 90's) who hurt his ankle on a curbstone while playing for the B's, on a Ray B. team if I remember correctly...
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]

I am not a "resident expert" but just a hockey fan knowing the answer is yes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins got lucky tonight : Please don't make stuff up.  Your recent posts are very Duinne-like.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I can't help but notice Duinne is missing.If this were a Law  and Order episode you would be the main suspect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If this were a Law and Order episode, it would be over by now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Actually Rmiller is gone too... Could that be the big twist?