Bruins have chance to put Leafs over the edge Saturday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bruins have chance to put Leafs over the edge Saturday

The Bruins are in my hometown. Welcome Boys!

The Leafs have one foot on the slippery slope. The fandom is furious, the media is instigating and the players are wallowing. The fans are after Wilson's head.

Saturday the Bruins have a chance to push the Leafs entirely onto the slippery slope and effectively end their season and insure a lottery pick in 2011.

I'll be there to cheer on the objective.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

Re: Bruins have chance to put Leafs over the edge Saturday

In Response to Bruins have chance to put Leafs over the edge Saturday:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins are in my hometown. Welcome Boys! The Leafs have one foot on the slippery slope. The fandom is furious, the media is instigating and the players are wallowing. The fans are after Wilson's head. Saturday the Bruins have a chance to push the Leafs entirely onto the slippery slope and effectively end their season and insure a lottery pick in 2011. I'll be there to cheer on the objective.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Same here...can't wait...hope they give Seguin more icetime though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins have chance to put Leafs over the edge Saturday:
    [QUOTE]Just heard that in the Leaf practise today Phil Kessel was put at Centre, his old position. Leafs are grasping at straws. Looks like Kessel will go up against Bergeron or Campbell. That will be fun to see.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Kessel at Center.  Honestly I was LOL at the notion.
    You do actually have to skate back at center in the NHL, his opposing center is going to have a field day.

It will be a nasty game.  The Leafs have their backs up against the wall.

Would LOVE to see some Savard on Kessel hostility

Darn.  Wife's company xmas party tonight - and they're taking everyone to a concert after.  Hopefully there will be a bar where I can catch some of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I want them to lose, I want that top draft pick, I want Seguin to get a hat trick tomorrow, and I want Burke and Wilson to remain with the Leafs for all eternity. However... For the first time in my life I actually feel bad for Leafs fans. Reading the posts on TSN, I'm suprised there hasn't been a riot on Yonge yet.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'll say it again,  fell bad next season.  This season they have to free fall again !
    If there's a time that Kessel would have to pick it up and get motivated is tonight.  I would not predict a blow out just yet. 
    Yes that would amazing the "Thank you Kessel "  chant.
    BadHab OMG !!!  you can't watch the game ???  I'lll DVR it for you. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins have chance to put Leafs over the edge Saturday : Kessel at Center.  Honestly I was LOL at the notion. You do actually have to skate back at center in the NHL, his opposing center is going to have a field day. It will be a nasty game.  The Leafs have their backs up against the wall. Would LOVE to see some Savard on Kessel hostility Darn.  Wife's company xmas party tonight - and they're taking everyone to a concert after.  Hopefully there will be a bar where I can catch some of the game.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

BadHab...feel for ya...been there myself before....yeah get to a bar...I'll be thinking of you while I am at the game tonight

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

Boys this is the biggest game of the year !! Every year my buddy and I from Uxbridge have a bet the loser of the last Bruins-Leafs game before Christmas has to wear the other teams jersey!!

Come on Black and Gold !!!! Nothing better than watching a die hard leafs fan dawn a Bruins jersey!!!

I live in Vancouver and will be at the Vancouver - Boston game at the end of February wearing my jersey and cheering on the boys loud and proud!  

B's 5 - 1 Tonight!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

Agree...or better yet a habs fan pulling on the B sweater

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

I'll be there tonight with a few Leaf fans...
    Feeling a little edgy though..Boston scores 8 in their last outing..Leafs get shut out... sometimes the puck just doesn't bounce the way it should..
    Having said that I think the B's will come away with 2 points and be just a little bit closer to a top 3 pick.
    GO BRUINS!!!

BBB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins should be expecting a hungry desperate bunch on Saturday...I wouldn't be surprised to see it evolve into a nasty game with a lot of penalties. Let's hope they bring the intensity with them, I think they're going to need it -
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  You can't underestimate a NHL team that is desperate and backed against a wall.  This won't come easy.  They'll need to be ready to battle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

Be there to...same as you wearing my Orr jersey..with my nephew (a Leaf fan)...Anyways...yeah kinda agree with you...B's can be alittle inconsistent..hard to say which Bruins team will show up tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins should be expecting a hungry desperate bunch on Saturday...I wouldn't be surprised to see it evolve into a nasty game with a lot of penalties. Let's hope they bring the intensity with them, I think they're going to need it -Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

You mean you hope for a brawl JW ha ha LoL! Yah I'm sure Orr will be running around like a wild dog for sure he'll be chirping in Lucic's ear all night but will get a bear hug from Thornton.

do you think a mocking "Thank you, Kessel" chant starts ? Man I hope they're is enough Bruin fans that would be sweet!

Never feel sorry for a division rival never forget feeling sorry for the Lufas bury them. When you have an opponent down you keep the pressure on the wind pipe! Stuart would redeem some of his recent bad play if he nailed Philaparazzi!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Lets just say for the sake of argument that the Bruins put it all together late in the year and make a great run and actually win the Stanley Cup. Then lets say the Leafs lottery pick winds up giving us the top pick next year. My question is, would Brian Burke be shot to death on the streets of Toronto?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Leafs have called up left winger and minor league tough guy Jay Rosehill to replace the injured Mike Brown.  The Toronto Sun says Rosehill will try to provide a little "jump." 

I'll be down at the ACC cheering the B's like a madman!  I'm hoping the Bruins don't come here with swelled heads based on their successful week and think tonight will be a waltz to the two points.  I think we've all seen enough of those games in which our club appears to be in a trance. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fyrhorse. Show fyrhorse's posts

Kessel deal comment... can't call it a bust yet.  Kessel's had very little around him so far as talent goes.  seguin on the other hand....  potential cup finalist talent.  someone posted that they'd bet seguin beats kessel for pts this year.  not bloody likely.   unless the injury bug hits hard Seg's on the third line learning the ropes.  great place for him, don't pressure him(well he's starting as an 18/19yr old enough said about pressure) to performa and let him develop.  glad to have moved Kessel tho as i've heard he's a bit of a cancer in the dressing room.  Also glad to have moved Hun to get Savvy in the lineup.  moving someone had to be done and Hun was movable at a position that we can replace.  Didn't really distiguish himself as anything special as far as i saw. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fyrhorse. Show fyrhorse's posts

to Mikzor....Leaf fans put up with Ballard for a few decades.  the only way they kill Burke is if they win the cup.  soooo many relatives will have hart failure that they'll hold him responsible.  on the other hand we had Sinden runnin' our show.  always good enuff to get in the playoffs and that's where it ends.  both frustrating situations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

It's a glorious day. Just scored four tix on Kijiji for tonight's game, Section 311 at the ACC. Wheatskins, RHO, others...the very loud YESSS!!! you hear from section 311 tonight every time the Bruins score will be me. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yep, sending down Crabb and bringing up Rosehill before the game...I think the Leafs are looking for a rough, emotional game to get them going.

Or at least a lot of fights to deflect the embarrassment of the coach and GM.  Should be fun to watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I expect the Leafs to come out flying. I know the Bruins are far superior to the Leafs in every way, so I am hoping they'll get the 2 points. I am being greedy and hoping Seguin has a great game, either goalie posts a shutout (Timmy's league leading 6th or Rask shining in TO), and (to really needle Leaf fans) Kessel struggles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Like me best friend says, a Yankee fan at that, when in doubt push them over!  Hope the Bs are ready! Agreed the Toronto team is psyched as LeBron was in Cleveland!

Sections
Shortcuts