Bruins hit season-ticket holders with a massive price increase

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bruins hit season-ticket holders with a massive price increase

Increases anywhere from 17% - 44%.  Ouch.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/02/jacobs_bruins_hit_season-ticket_holders_with_a_mas.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Bruins hit season-ticket holders with a massive price increase

Unreal.  They'll probably sell out too.  Man, I hope the people buying these tickets make enough dough that it isn't breaking them.

My Avs season tickets next year (3rd row corner), $65 a game.

But you have to watch the Avs, not the Bruins...  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The price of success.

Better put it back into the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Unreal.  They'll probably sell out too.  Man, I hope the people buying these tickets make enough dough that it isn't breaking them.

65 $ a ticket? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Still not a bad deal,i'd do that deal,Av's are an up & coming team,plus there's always a chance Roy could blow a gasket at any time,worth the price of admission right there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Still not a bad deal,i'd do that deal,Av's are an up & coming team,plus there's always a chance Roy could blow a gasket at any time,worth the price of admission right there.

And if you renew next years season tickets now, all playoff games, all rounds, are also the same price/same seats ($65 per/3rd row).  That's what happens when a team stinks for a while and needs to rebuild a season ticket base.  I live a mile from the Pepsi Center too, so that helps, but if they get popular and expensive again, I'd bail out.

Roy is entertaining (I was there opening night and couldn't figure out what was happening when he knocked the partition down).  I'm not the biggest fan.

Back to the Bruins, they better damn well invest that back into the team.  How about they start with the scouting.

Where's Rusty?  He's all over this...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Roy is entertaining (I was there opening night and couldn't figure out what was happening when he knocked the partition down).  I'm not the biggest fan.

Back to the Bruins, they better damn well invest that back into the team.  How about they start with the scouting.

Not a fan either,entertaining in a volatile sort of way i guess. i imagine as you said,as soon as the team gets or stays good,prices will go up and i'm not willing to pay top dollar to see the Av's,might get one of those combo packs though,one with the B's in it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I was on the lower end of the spectrum, only went up about 23% from 2 seasons ago (prices stayed the same during the lockout year if you left the money for cancelled games as account credit instead of requesting a refund). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

Not only did they raise prices by 20% they added another full price preseason game to the package forcing season ticket holders to pay for 3 exibition games this season. Thats 3 full price gates where Jacobs does not have to pay the players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

First off, I can't afford season tickets, nor do I want them.  Second, I choose not to pay the high price of individual game tickets and parking and refreshments either.  The question I have is do people in Toronto complain about ticket prices?  How about Chicago, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, and New York?  Because all of those teams have higher average ticket prices.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Kraft must be a scum bag as well since the Pats have the third highest ticket prices in the NFL and he screwed over CT while getting public money for his stadium, when Jacobs paid for his venue out of pocket.  The only teams with higher ticket prices in the nfl play in met life and guess what, that stadium was the only one not built with taxpayer money.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Suckers!

There is a promotion down here where, and I'm not joking at all, if you bring a losing $10 lottery ticket to the box office window, you get a ticket to the game.

Courtesy of The Florida Lottery.

Never before has buying scratch tickets been a can't-lose situation.

F those ticket prices in Boston.  No freakin' way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

And if you renew next years season tickets now, all playoff games, all rounds, are also the same price/same seats ($65 per/3rd row).  That's what happens when a team stinks for a while and needs to rebuild a season ticket base.  I live a mile from the Pepsi Center too, so that helps, but if they get popular and expensive again, I'd bail out.

Doubt it. They won't re invest it in scouting. Jacobs kni w sell outs will continue even with hike in prices. Still

Cant believe 65 $ / ticket. How much for a nuggets game? I'm sure I can search this but wtv

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Death to Jacobs forever and always.   PLain and simple. Biggest scum bag owner in sports and has been for 40 years.

LOL

What a tool.

Yeah, death to the guy.

If B's fans are so upset about the prices, all they have to do is stop going.  Plain and simple.  As a businessman, Jacobs would be stupid to sell out every game at $50 a ticket when he can sell out every game at $90 a ticket.

Economics 101.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Suckers!

There is a promotion down here where, and I'm not joking at all, if you bring a losing $10 lottery ticket to the box office window, you get a ticket to the game.

Courtesy of The Florida Lottery.

Never before has buying scratch tickets been a can't-lose situation.

F those ticket prices in Boston.  No freakin' way.

[/QUOTE

Giving away game tickets for losing lottey tickets ?

Sounds like a franchise in need of a relocation.

Also Economics 101.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Also Economics 101.

Crap sniping.  You add nothing here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Also Economics 101.

Crap sniping.  You add nothing here.

A legitimate and logical hockey comment by me............and a worthless reply to that thought by you.

Remind me again who adds nothing here.........beat it ( your favourite line ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YH5MEyNuIM

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Doubt it. They won't re invest it in scouting. Jacobs kni w sell outs will continue even with hike in prices. Still

Cant believe 65 $ / ticket. How much for a nuggets game? I'm sure I can search this but wtv

Nuggets are cheap too.  I don't know how cheap because I'm not interested in going to games, but nobody ever seems to have trouble getting good tickets.  We pass them around at work like coupons for a free smoothie.

I think there are projections for owners on how much $$ people spend once they get in the building too.  So teams with empty seats can still make money just by luring people in the door in whatever way possible.  I had three beers and a popcorn last night during the Avs-Kings game, to the tune of about $30.  The guy I was with bought a $40 shirt for his wife in addition to his beers.  I think desperate teams are happy to usher people in to get that money, even if an upper deck ticket is essentially free.

Not defending the Florida model, which I don't understand, but a $5 dollar lottery ticket beats an empty seat for ownership, especially with all the gluttonous fatsos in Florida that are gonna to be gulping down overpriced junk food the whole game, and kissing their sisters on the jumbotron.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:.

Not defending the Florida model, which I don't understand, but a $5 dollar lottery ticket beats an empty seat for ownership, especially with all the gluttonous fatsos in Florida that are gonna to be gulping down overpriced junk food the whole game, and kissing their sisters on the jumbotron.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt ....... the concession thinking beats having an empty seat ............but it's also an indicator of what problems they have putting butts in those seats by giving tickets away for free.

If I was a season ticket holder ( hee hee ) who has already paid out money I'd be thinking "what the fawk.........should've bought a lottery ticket instead."

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Death to Jacobs forever and always.   PLain and simple. Biggest scum bag owner in sports and has been for 40 years.

LOL

What a tool.

Yeah, death to the guy.

If B's fans are so upset about the prices, all they have to do is stop going.  Plain and simple.  As a businessman, Jacobs would be stupid to sell out every game at $50 a ticket when he can sell out every game at $90 a ticket.

Economics 101.

You need to learn those economics, dribble bib. He held to lockouts to get to the cap he needs. When you own that many businesses, you can just over-compensate with loss with the other businesses.

He doesn't care if the average season ticket holder doesn't resign again. Some corporation will grab those seats.

You're an idiot.  The main reason why kidling, little girls and pink hats now infest that quiet building is because of stuff like this.

Of course, you've been defending that scummy crook for years, so your Jacobs Apologist commentary is not suprising. That should be seen as an outrage, not a ho-hum situation like you're claiming.

Are you that geek, Charlie Jacobs? I am starting to think you are.

How old is Krafts girlfriend again?

What an embarrassment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Kraft must be a scum bag as well since the Pats have the third highest ticket prices in the NFL and he screwed over CT while getting public money for his stadium, when Jacobs paid for his venue out of pocket.  The only teams with higher ticket prices in the nfl play in met life and guess what, that stadium was the only one not built with taxpayer money.  

Umm, what? I know the stadium was not paid with taxpayer money, only some basic infratstucture (roads, etc).

Jacobs, meanwhile, has taken the state to the cleaners and the fans.

44%?  Do you have any idea how ludicrous that number is?  17% is an outrage alone. Those are HUGE increases.

Huge.

Some of the idiot fans will cave in like a bunch of dumb zealots, too. 

I will be dancing in the streets the day Jacobs leaves this earth.   I bet his kid will be just like him, too, so the hope of them selling is probably a pipe dream.

How exactly has Jacobs taken the state to the cleaners?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Blame Rask. 

Sections
Shortcuts