Bruins Hunted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Bruins Hunted

With a lot of talk surrounding the Cooke hit on Savard and the Ulfie hit on Neely prior to this series.  It got me thinking about the Bruins who have been seriously hurt by cheap shots and if the same could be said about any Bruins players.  In addition to Savard & Neely, Bergeron getting crushed by Randy Jones, Horton ebing head hunted by Rome, and I have heard stories that even Orr had his knees targeted by the likes of the broadstreet bullies back in the day.  Maybe I am just a homer, but I can think of 3 "questionable" hits by Bruins players that have seriously hurt an opponent.  McSorley on Brashear, Chara on Pacioretty, and Kyle McLaren on Richard Zednick.  I am sure there are others, but has a Bruins player ever ended a career or seriously altered a players effectiveness, like what happened to Savard and Neely?  Because it feels like the Bruins are always on the receiving end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bruins Hunted

McSorley wasn't "questionable" - it was the most brutal high stick I've ever seen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to red75's comment:

McSorley wasn't "questionable" - it was the most brutal high stick I've ever seen.

For sure Red.  Should have separated that hit from the other 2.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Marchand's low-bridge on Salo.  Oh no here comes dez and Crowls!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I don't know, i think Marty was aiming to tap him on the shoulder and missed, a hockey play gone bad as they say. Brashear should have fought him the second time and all would have been cool. Brashear should have had his helmet on tight and then the back of his head wouldn't have hit the ice. ;-]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Watch it again (like I just did) I remember at the time people saying the same thing as you 50, but I still can't see how that was a tap that missed (and even it was, that's not a hockey play anyway - it would have been a high stick even he hit the shoulder) It's also in no way just the force of a tap. He smoked him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Marchand's low-bridge on Salo.  Oh no here comes dez and Crowls!

Not even a penalty let alone a hunting incident that ended in severe injury

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Watch it again (like I just did) I remember at the time people saying the same thing as you 50, but I still can't see how that was a tap that missed (and even it was, that's not a hockey play anyway - it would have been a high stick even he hit the shoulder) It's also in no way just the force of a tap. He smoked him.

He sure did,and a player does have to have contol over his stick or the result is a penalty.I think Marty was very upset and had intentions to engage Brashear and really give him a stick chop to provoke him and then fight.It didn't happen that way and the result was really,really bad.Sad way for Marty's career to end, but he deserved what he got.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I believe McSorley was aiming for the shoulder.  I followed his career pretty closely.  There was no reason for him to suddenly become a stick swinging crazyman.  If it were Chris Simon, I'd agree with the intent.  McSorley was certainly a badass brawler, but I don't recall him being dirty to the extent that he would be labeled a dirty player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Craig MacTavish?

Stan Jonathan?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Dave Forbes vs Henry Boucha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Craig MacTavish?

Stan Jonathan?

I thought of Jonathan, but that was a one-on-one ash whoopin'.  Not sure what you are referring to with MacTavish?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I don't know, i think Marty was aiming to tap him on the shoulder and missed, a hockey play gone bad as they say. Brashear should have fought him the second time and all would have been cool. Brashear should have had his helmet on tight and then the back of his head wouldn't have hit the ice. ;-]

I'm with you & NAS, 50. There's absolutely NO WAY anyone will convince me that he wasn't aiming for the shoulder. He had no business having his stick that high to hit anyone for any reason, but he didn't blantantly aim for his head in that way. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I thought of Jonathan, but that was a one-on-one ash whoopin'.  Not sure what you are referring to with MacTavish?

Not Jonathan vs. Bouchard.  Jonathan vs. the hunter.

MacTavish vs. people who don't drive drunk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Mike Milbury vs John Kaptain (hit in head with shoe repeatedly)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Never knew about this one, not sure why?  I was six, but I would've thought I would have heard about it.  Learn something new every day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Never knew about this one, not sure why?  I was six, but I would've thought I would have heard about it.  Learn something new every day.

Yeah, Boucha was never the same after that,effectively ended his career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I didn't think you were going there.  I should have known better.  I don't know whether I should laugh or be disgusted?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Craig MacTavish?

Stan Jonathan?

Eddie Shore- probably the most ruthless man the sport has ever seen. He was an absolute lunatic! 

Teddy Green- Against Wayne Maky (I know Maky is spelled wrong, but apparently mak i is bad on BDC)  only thing was Green missed. Makyi didn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Didn't Jonathan also hit someone while drunk, but they didn't die? I thought he served some time for it as well. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

We need the series to start

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Craig MacTavish?

Stan Jonathan?

Eddie Shore- probably the most ruthless man the sport has ever seen. He was an absolute lunatic! 

Teddy Green- Against Wayne Maky (I know Maky is spelled wrong, but apparently mak i is bad on BDC)  only thing was Green missed. Makyi didn't.

Eddie Shore could have an entire book written about him just on his vicious attacks on opposing players at any given time.I have read quite a bit about him and aside from him being one of the greatest hockey players of his era, he was most sadistic,menacing,cruel and aggressive players of his time.An absolute animal who thrived on rough play and thuggery.Great player though and above all else established the B's reputation as a talented but tough team to play against.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Totally forgot about this one! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Good call, nite.  Shore on Ace Bailey is (according to all reports...it's not as if I watched it happen) one of the more brutal plays in NHL history.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree with NAS that McSorley was trying to hit him on the shoulder. Either way, I think it pales in comparison to what old Dino did to Luke Richardson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hodb0LUALjI