Bruins Hunted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Bruins Hunted

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Didn't Jonathan also hit someone while drunk, but they didn't die? I thought he served some time for it as well. 

Are you thinking of shooting someone while hunting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I remember Bill Barber targeting Orr's knees. Still makes me angry after all these years. The Flyers were the dirtiest most dishonorable team in the 70s.

And yeah,certain Bruins have caused some terrible injuries over the years. The difference is that Cooke have done some similar stuff but all on his own. And in many of these cases it has been deliberate for the sake of causing injuries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's not forget that the game was in a different era; no helmets, wooden sticks, minimal slappers; less goalie equipment; MUCH less player ARMOR; fewer teeth; lots of difference including the constant physical play of Gordie Howe. Shore was applauded on every move, and so was Ted Green until the Wayne M. head hit. I, for one would like to see how less body armor; less shoulder pads; much less elbow pads; and replacing the fiber sticks with wood would affect the mind set of the players.

I'm hoping the refs will be more objective and by the rules, in their calls on tripping, diving, boarding and holding in the Pens series.

Boston.com had me remove Wayne's last name. ?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Craig MacTavish?

1982 VS 2013 media, today MacTavish would have been crucified and never had the career he had. MacTavish doesn't even know how lucky he is, decpicable how he walked from that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[/QUOTE]

As bad as that was when it happened, your comment caused a snicker. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Watch it again (like I just did) I remember at the time people saying the same thing as you 50, but I still can't see how that was a tap that missed (and even it was, that's not a hockey play anyway - it would have been a high stick even he hit the shoulder) It's also in no way just the force of a tap. He smoked him.

Red, think about the difference between giving someone a slap with the blade of your stick as opposed to turning the stick sideways and using it as a club. When I watch the replays I see the blade of Marty's stick pointing straight up.  Was it a clean play? Of course not but I agree with 50. I've always felt Brashear did most of the damage to himself with his over dramatic fall like he'd been shot. I've seen many people hit much harder than that without immediately losing consciousness. Marty's high stick was neither clean nor smart but I don't think losing his career over it was fair.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Didn't Jonathan also hit someone while drunk, but they didn't die? I thought he served some time for it as well. 

Make sure you always wear orange Fletch! heh,heh!

But in all seriousness I hope Jonathan gets time for this. One of my favourite Bruins, but I had a cousin shot in the same manner & the shooter walked. Needless & careless act.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

I remember Bill Barber targeting Orr's knees. Still makes me angry after all these years. The Flyers were the dirtiest most dishonorable team in the 70s.

And yeah,certain Bruins have caused some terrible injuries over the years. The difference is that Cooke have done some similar stuff but all on his own. And in many of these cases it has been deliberate for the sake of causing injuries.

NOBODY but Hillard Graves was ever accused of taking out Orr's knee's. Hillard was notorious for these hits. There was an incident that Barber caught Bobby when Bobby changed direction, but Barber felt awful about it. Don Cherry would never, ever give Bill Barber a compliment if he knee'd Orr on purpose. Bobby's knee was orginally hurt in JR. And that was from him carrying the puck so much. Orr even admits that he caused himself to be hit from changing directions at the last second all the time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

NOBODY but Hillard Graves was ever accused of taking out Orr's knee's. Hillard was notorious for these hits. There was an incident that Barber caught Bobby when Bobby changed direction, but Barber felt awful about it. Don Cherry would never, ever give Bill Barber a compliment if he knee'd Orr on purpose. Bobby's knee was orginally hurt in JR. And that was from him carrying the puck so much. Orr even admits that he caused himself to be hit from changing directions at the last second all the time. 

Pat Quinn had some good runs at Orr over the years too Nite.