Bruins inept PP....reasons????Fixes???ANYONE!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Bruins inept PP....reasons????Fixes???ANYONE!!!!!

In Response to Re: Bruins inept PP....reasons????Fixes???ANYONE!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]pp #1.... kabby, boychuk, chara (IN FRONT OF THE GOAL), kelly, pev pp #2.... sides, af, rex, bergy, marchand
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

My favorite part is the lack of Krejci.  The guy just isn't that good on the PP, especially coming off the Wall we're Savvy was so effective.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

take chara OFF the point and put him in front of the net  for starters,also more puck movewment it seems  like they like to bring it to ther point and keep looking for that perfect pass when a shot is needed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

you notice we have 2 four on four goals since kelly and pev joined claude's circus?  dump krejci over the summer to sign parise. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

Just a note (not an excuse) but when talking about 0 for 19, something that everyone should realize is that 5 times the powerplay has been cut short by a quick penalty against the Bruins. For example last night, the Bruins were 0 for 4 but twice they were cut short (first power play was 13 seconds, and another was 22 seconds). That means a quarter of our powerplays were haulted by calls against Bruins players. That in itself effects the way players are going on the PP, the moment B's players get moving (a key a an effective PP) a call comes against them. Just my observation (or opinion).

Oh but the two biggest problems with the PP are first the entry to the offensive zone and secondly confidence. So tomorrow night, don't help out the Habs by booing our Bruins powerplays if they are struggling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins inept PP....reasons????Fixes???ANYONE!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Swapping Seguin for Thornton would make sense. The forth line hasn't done anything this series so sliding Seguin in would help. They might as well try it, because in the last 6 games nothing has worked. His speed entering the offensive zone would allow them to at least set up and generate more opportunities.   
    Posted by lereve77[/QUOTE]

Here Here.

What I don't understand is why Neely and Chiarelli aren't smacking CJ in the head and telling him to do it already. What's the worst that could happen--they don't score on the PP?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Sit Kaberle ...and bring in Seguin ...I would be thrilled to see Seguin with Bergeron and Marchand ..speed speed speed ...Recchi is ok to play next round against the Flyers but way too slow to play the habs...easy to see , easy to understand ...now why not make the move ?????  And Kabe has been the worst Bruins player for the last month or so ...I am so scred when he is on the ice its just like he is playing a pre season game ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Declining the penalty works. Bergeron took a dumb interference penalty at the end of the 1st to level the numbers and they scored at the start of the 2nd.

I'd like to see them try to enter the zone without losng control of the puck. It was torture last night watching guys struggle to control passes having crossed the blueline. Just skate in. The Habs back off anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

If we lose tonight (god forbid), am i the only one who smells some type of a spending or even trade spree by Cam in the off-season? Perhaps with the occasional firings here and there?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I bet they score a PP tonight.

Id like to see Kaberle, Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic, Horton

Bergeron, Chara, Peverley, Kelly, Marchand

Bergeron, Chara, Ryder, Marchand, Lucic

They need to absolutely change it up.  Just put the best players on ice.  Some responsible guys, fast guys, big guys.  Seems like a no-brainer to me, but THIS is where I have had a problem with Juliens coaching since BEFORE he came here.  He CAN NOT and DOES NOT change it up.  He sticks to the plan no matter what the score or time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would like to see,

Seidenberg, Chara, Bergeron, Marchand, Recchi
    Kaberle, Ference, Peverley, Kelly, Seguin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

And also when someone shoots can the guy stand in front of Price instead of next to him!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Geoff Ward already applied and will be manning the Heineken booth next season. Of course he'll probably plug up the tap there as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Ward will never be part of another coaching staff in the NHL ever!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

How about putting all the stone hands out there at once?  Paille, Thornton, Campbell, Kelly and hmmmm who else..... Rask?  It would confuse the hell out of the Habs and couldn't possibly be worse than what they've been doing......Rask could line up in the goalie stance in front of Price and let the pucks get by him like he did so well this year......would be the best screen tactic ever.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

3 guys collapsing in front of the net would create such havoc!!  It would be more entertaining for sure!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think they could start by actually carrying the puck into the offensive zone. What a concept!!! When you dump and chase on the PP, you have 2 forwards below the goalie. The only place they CAN go is back to the point even if they win the battles.

Another rule of being on the power play is that (the way I understand it), you're actually supposed to shoot the puck at the goalie. Maybe they could try that for a change?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

would it hurt to try antique? no......i wrote a post in the 2nd game about the B,s & their insistence on getting the puck to the D.....Krecji dangled the puck forever with the only thing in his mind was get it to the point....it was so ridiculous with the hab defending only that & still try & try....fake to the point,  turn it up to the net, he had the perfect lane....if the dman comes out you have horton (right shot) low ready to shoot or lucic in the crease for a rebound.....there's no imagination at all in the PP & that comes from coaching

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Bruins inept PP....reasons????Fixes???ANYONE!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins PP is too 'stand around perimeterish' to be effective. CYCLE THE PUCK!!!!. The points have to get it  to wingers who can hold it and move around and open up the front of the net by cycling and drawing away defenders. if they cant see that just look at montreals pp or buffalos or phillys..San jose sets up like the Bruins a bit but have modified it to get the points wide open by cycling. then the points are more open and SCREEN PRICE!!! the bugger gets to see the ALL shots!!! Wake UP!!!! If it isnt working (which it hasnt) TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT CJ AND STAFF!!!!! OMG...THAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE TONIGHT!!!! Not the zebras.
    Posted by bruinsfan4778[/QUOTE]

They need to stop looking for the perfect shot and throw it on net.  Since they dont have the snipers they have to run the crease and make something happen on a rebound. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

First thought is chapter10s last thought - I can't remember seeing a good team struggle to enter the zone so consistently in my life.  Shabs are doing an effective job of standing up and trying to trap the Bruins at the blue line.  It's like a basketball trap actually - catch them in the corner and pin them, then cover the passing lanes.  They use Price down low as an extra puck retriever, so if the Bruins dump it late when no one has any mo' , he just fires it out.  Gotta be quicker up the ice so they can't set up that trap and so the whole team enters with some speed.

Second, a la Ricky, they fumble more passes and make more bad moves than ... well, some joke about cactus tony at a single's bar?  Brutal.  Can't blame Geoff Ward for a lack of execution, but it does seem like some of this is that they aren't all on the same page.  Too many options/changes that haven't worked maybe?  So no one knows "what are we trying now?"

Third, a la seobrien - shoot the puck, get it to the net, hit the net.  If they've done a) lately, they rarely seem to accomplish b), and when they accomplish b), too often it's over the net, wide of the net, or into the pile and then into the corner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm not sure if I heard this correctly but I think THE FAN 590 just mentioned that no team has ever won a 7 game series without scoring on the PP.  Has anyone else heard this?