Bruins Injuries - Can we now be told?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Bruins Injuries - Can we now be told?

We know of injuries to some of the Bs but can we now (please) get some team confirmation on which players were playing with injuries?

Has anyone heard anything yet?
    It might explain a few things from our(beleaguered fans) perspective.

Known:
    Horton(concussion)
    McQuaid(eye/head)
    Peverly(knee)
    Rask(groin)
    Corvo(foot)
    Bergeron(wrist/shoulder?)

Suspected:
    Marchand
    Thornton
    Krejci
    Lucic(?)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: Bruins Injuries - Can we now be told?

From the article: 'Players sombre after loss'...
    "Both Bergeron and Claude Julien refused to comment on the extent of Bergeron's injury."

Hmmm...why the secrecy - now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Maybe they didn't want to make it sound like they were making excuses.  Not so soon after the loss.

In a few days there will probably be a full report.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It seems all NHL teams do that, I don't know why.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

can't use injuries as an excuse as Vancouver could have last season. or maybe they did,i don't remember

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Injuries - Can we now be told?:
    From the article: 'Players sombre after loss'... "Both Bergeron and Claude Julien refused to comment on the extent of Bergeron's injury." Hmmm...why the secrecy - now?
    Posted by Davinator

The great thing about this team is their honour, they take responsibility for themselves, don't use excuses, don't lobby for suspensions and stand up for each other on the ice and off. Now that's a TEAM to be proud of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

can't use injuries as an excuse as Vancouver could have last season. or maybe they did,i don't remember
    Posted by jerrynewyork

Boy, did they ever!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Posted by jerrynewyork

Jerry - I wasn't looking to tag the loss on injuries...BUT, I do want to find out who was ailing and how much they toughed it out.

Joe Thornton once got 0 pts in a 7 game series and was roasted afterwards - until it was revealed he was playing with crack ribs.
    Who's fault was it in that case? The player for downplaying the problem, or the coaches and trainers who sanction playing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Maybe they didn't want to make it sound like they were making excuses.  Not so soon after the loss. In a few days there will probably be a full report. Posted by DrCC

Fluto will do his usual annual report of who is going in for surgery right around the time Chiarelli does his exit interviews.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yup - oblique muscle on Bergeron, Seguin has an injured left hand. That Bergeron injury made him half the player he normally is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

Yup - oblique muscle on Bergeron, Seguin has an injured left hand. That Bergeron injury made him half the player he normally is.
    Posted by OatesCam

Probably surgery on Seguins left hand.. Wonder what would require surgery but allow him to play for over a month? And it says something about him being able to bang out those last couple goals.

It was hard watching Bergeron because of the type of player he is.. you know he'd work through anything and it had to kill him not to be 100% at the most important time of the season. 

I know that pro-athletes do it all the time and they are getting paid the "big bucks" etc... but I was kind of relieved when the season ended because I hated the thought of someone (Ok fine.. Bergeron - fave player) playing in obvious pain and at like 50% for the long run. I give props that he would have done it and others do it yearly..

I think having not played sports.. Its hard to watch on my end. 

Sections
Shortcuts