Bruins Interested in Briere

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Bruins Interested in Briere

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, the Flyers have received calls from the Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues about Briere.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416949

6.5MM on the cap seems a little steep, considering Rask adn Horton need to sign. Plus we'd have to give up something Phillie needs and dump a little salary.

I don't think this happens nor do we need Briere on our team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Bruins Interested in Briere

In response to ErnestoGiove's comment:

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, the Flyers have received calls from the Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues about Briere.

6.5MM on the cap seems a little steep, considering Rask adn Horton need to sign. Plus we'd have to give up something Phillie needs and dump a little salary.

I don't think this happens nor do we need Briere on our team.

I don't see that much of an uograde in adding a Briere & his contract is ridiculous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

dont want that little p*iss ant....need something in the Troy Brouwer mold.....bigger, more physically punishing, cheaper....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

How many years does Briere have left on his contract?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But, think about the powerplay...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

HAHAHAHA bc you cant win without power play.

Honestly though, never cared for this guy but he is absolutely awesome in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Too much, too little, too late.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

no thanks, i would love to pick up Alfredsson from Ottawa if he's available at the deadline though,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

HAHAHAHA bc you cant win without power play.

Honestly though, never cared for this guy but he is absolutely awesome in the playoffs.

He IS scary good in the Playoffs, but I think we have the same in "the little ball of hate".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

up yours NAS! lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I wouldn't want Briere in a B's jersey because I've never liked his game, but it's not like he's a total $cumbag like Cooke or Heatley.

I wouldn't be thrilled if this move was made, but the results would probably be pretty positive.

Who goes the other way?  Horton?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I wouldn't want Briere in a B's jersey because I've never liked his game, but it's not like he's a total $cumbag like Cooke or Heatley.

I wouldn't be thrilled if this move was made, but the results would probably be pretty positive.

Who goes the other way?  Horton?

The Flyers got Gagne for a 4th,so i think a 3rd should do it. Hes old , has had injury problems and the B's would be on the hook for 2 more years. Re sign Horton, forget about Briere and go for Krusty when the Senators make their fall, which they will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gagne was stinkin' out the joint in LA.  Briere is playing fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd like Briere on this team, especially for the playoffs. If they can get him without taking anything off the roster right now, definetly..Bruins top 9 forwards would be pretty impressive..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Gagne was stinkin' out the joint in LA.  Briere is playing fine.

I don't think Gagne was even playing much to be honest, but i wouldn't give up too much for Briere. I certainly wouldn't give up Horton for him, i really like the Krejci line as is. If the b's were to get him i guess the next question is , where would he play, third line ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Although I think Briere could help, especiall in the playoffs I would prefer they get a player with an expiring contract in order to sign Rask and Horton at the end of the year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If Briere is dealt here, to play with Kelly and Peverley, yes do it. I don't think they have to make a deal, the team as it stands right now is pretty good, but if they do, I would think with the cap space they have they can pull one off wihout taking anything away from the roster..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Doesnt look like he has any interest in waiving his NMC

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

He's on contract through 2014-2015 at that $6.5m cap hit. Bringing him here makes absolutely no sense given the cap next year and how much room we'll have (unless we're sending a big cap hit back). That, plus I don't want this whiney cheap diver on the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

He's on contract through 2014-2015 at that $6.5m cap hit. Bringing him here makes absolutely no sense given the cap next year and how much room we'll have (unless we're sending a big cap hit back). That, plus I don't want this whiney cheap diver on the team.

I think he was on a front loaded contract so the final 2 yrs are like $3.5 mil each averaged out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I think he was on a front loaded contract so the final 2 yrs are like $3.5 mil averaged out.

The cap hit says the same, regardless of the dollars in any specific year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I think he was on a front loaded contract so the final 2 yrs are like $3.5 mil each averaged out.

It shows as $6.5m on Capgeek for those years:
    http://www.capgeek.com/player/749

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think he was on a front loaded contract so the final 2 yrs are like $3.5 mil averaged out.

The cap hit says the same, regardless of the dollars in any specific year.

I guess like the Luongo deal?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Boston is 12-2-2, Bruins also have aprox. 8 mill on the cap geek figures. The team is playing good hockey, so the Bruins are in the drivers seat for a trade with Philly.

PC is window shopping at the moment, March is busy month for the Bruins. This will tell PC and company what the team really needs. I think PC is just getting ready for trade deadline. After March is done all GM's will know what their needs are. Then spring ahead into the play-offs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If Chiarelli trades for him, and it doesn't work out well, he can use an Amnesty Buyout to get out of that cap hit after this season, right?