Bruins Interested in Briere

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Bruins Interested in Briere

In response to DrCC's comment:

If Chiarelli trades for him, and it doesn't work out well, he can use an Amnesty Buyout to get out of that cap hit after this season, right?

bingo. even if it does work out. I was thinking about this. he's owed 5 million total over the next two seasons, so that is all they'd have to pay. if it's a salary dump for philly, and they are looking to get out of his contract, i wouldn't hate the move. I wouldn't pay a premium for him though. I'd buy the contract, not the player. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

another question. if he waives his NMC to go to boston, is that NMC gone forever? coudl the bruins turn around and trade him in the off season? or would that be GM suicide?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

GM SUICIDE!

Now, that's an old one!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Too much, too little, too late.

And Philly's engine runs stronger when he is in the lineup. PC would have to give up top 6 forward Peverley to get Briere anyways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

but in all seriousness I think if Briere waived his NMC to go to boston, his NMC is gone for the duration of the contract and the bruins could move him wherever they wanted to if cap concerns popped up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Bruins do not need another small forward; they need a big physical winger to add insurance in case Horton or Lucic go down.  They might need another solid D-man as insurance. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm interested in a lot of things that would make no sense for me to have.

Briere, no Briere - it is entirely a PC thing to do to take that huge plonk of cap space he has as use it to pick up a player other teams might not be looking at and then use his amnesty buy-out at the end of the year regardless of how the guy plays.  In Briere's case, the impact would be about $1.3M out of Jacobs's pocket for the next three years with no impact on the Cap.  If you give up nothing from the active roster to get him?  Totally worth it.  And if you do it now and test drive him, and the results aren't there, make another trade to, say, Phoenix who can eat the $6.5 cap hit and pay a top 6 player an average of $2.5M for the next two years.  Briere for Boyd Gordon...GM SUICIDE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I'm interested in a lot of things that would make no sense for me to have.

Briere, no Briere - it is entirely a PC thing to do to take that huge plonk of cap space he has as use it to pick up a player other teams might not be looking at and then use his amnesty buy-out at the end of the year regardless of how the guy plays.  In Briere's case, the impact would be about $1.3M out of Jacobs's pocket for the next three years with no impact on the Cap.  If you give up nothing from the active roster to get him?  Totally worth it.  And if you do it now and test drive him, and the results aren't there, make another trade to, say, Phoenix who can eat the $6.5 cap hit and pay a top 6 player an average of $2.5M for the next two years.  Briere for Boyd Gordon...GM SUICIDE.

Makes sense to me too when you frame it like that. Briere is a known playoff demon and will score his share of meaningful goals....Holmgren may be satisfied getting rid of the contract and getting a decent draft pick out of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

pass.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

I guess I'm in the minority but I would be all in favor of briere to bruins. I mean not for any of the top 6 on bruins now but if Philly is looking for draft picks and or minor leaguers in bruins system I'm all in. What it would take I have no idea but i was thinking about how briere would fit on current roster and the second line would be centered by seguin with Marchand and briere with Bergeron moving down in between peverley and Kelly with bourque or thornton watching from pressbox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

I guess I'm in the minority but I would be all in favor of briere to bruins. I mean not for any of the top 6 on bruins now but if Philly is looking for draft picks and or minor leaguers in bruins system I'm all in. What it would take I have no idea but i was thinking about how briere would fit on current roster and the second line would be centered by seguin with Marchand and briere with Bergeron moving down in between peverley and Kelly with bourque or thornton watching from pressbox.

I don't want to see Bergeron's minutes reduced, or to see Seguin trying out as an NHL center this year.  Seguin is 7W, 6L for faceoffs this year, but last year he was 60W, 106L (43%).  That's pretty ugly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

I don't want to see Bergeron's minutes reduced, or to see Seguin trying out as an NHL center this year.  Seguin is 7W, 6L for faceoffs this year, but last year he was 60W, 106L (43%).  That's pretty ugly.

the mins? I mean ill look it up nas but do u think its a huge differance? But u definitely have me on seguin on the dot. I didn't know his numbers but there's no way he's anywhere as good as Bergeron

bergeron 18:31

peverley 16:19

kelly 15: 40

average time ice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Nas isnt gonna like this but, what about Dany Heatley? he can score, he has size and can probably be had for a Cam Neely cardboard cut out. He has 1yr left on his contract at 5 mill use him for this year and amnesty buy out next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lucicfan's comment:

Nas isnt gonna like this but, what about Dany Heatley? he can score, he has size and can probably be had for a Cam Neely cardboard cut out. He has 1yr left on his contract at 5 mill use him for this year and amnesty buy out next year.

Correct!  That murderer can stay elsewhere.  I don't know why you think he'd be cheap to acquire, however. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Heatley can't skate, and now his shot is slowing down too. He's on the books for $7.5m next year too. Pass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

He IS scary good in the Playoffs, but I think we have the same in "the little ball of hate".-perrysound

True, but nothing wrong with two little balls of hate.  Think how he'd rejuvenite Pev and Kelly! He's a superslick player when on his game. I'd think Svedberg and a second round pick may be enough (I don't want to lose Subban) given the Flyer's need for a goalie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

another question. if he waives his NMC to go to boston, is that NMC gone forever? coudl the bruins turn around and trade him in the off season? or would that be GM suicide?

Nobody will ever want to sign or be traded to the Bruins ever again.... sorry 50below LOL.. just had to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

but in all seriousness I think if Briere waived his NMC to go to boston, his NMC is gone for the duration of the contract and the bruins could move him wherever they wanted to if cap concerns popped up. 

That is correct. I can't remember who it happened to but he waived his NMC to go to one team and they basically conned him and immediately traded him elsewhere. I think it happened a couple summers ago but it was basically a 3 team trade.

Sections
Shortcuts