Bruins Lineup - Sept. 17 vs Caps: Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Bruins Lineup - Sept. 17 vs Caps: Game Thread

Borderline hit there by Hamilton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Borderline hit there by Hamilton.

I'll be surprised if the league doesn't (at least) review it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kelly with a rocket!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Why do I feel like I haven't seen the name Casto before today?

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Why do I feel like I haven't seen the name Casto before today?

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

I think he was an NCAA signing from last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Didn't see anything tonight. Can someone do a little review ? Who was good, who wasn't ??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wish Stanley was there to give updates. I'd like to know how Rielly Smith played.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I wish Stanley was there to give updates. I'd like to know how Rielly Smith played.

I know he got an assist I would also love to know if he played well ....all my money is on him...spent $225 for my jersey with number 18 and R.Smith in the back ....go Reilly !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I know he got an assist I would also love to know if he played well ....all my money is on him...spent $225 for my jersey with number 18 and R.Smith in the back ....go Reilly !

Interesting choice. Wow, a jersey costs $225? I bought one Bergeron tee shirt and thought the 25$ or whatever it came to was too expensive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I ma not taiking about a T-shirt here Bisson...And I had to pay xtra for the sewing ....custom made ...and the 1st ever Bruins jersey with #18 and R.Smith on it !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Didn't see anything tonight. Can someone do a little review ? Who was good, who wasn't ??

The online stream didn't come on until the 2nd.

Svedberg with some great saves and a few that should make the highlights that were made on Ovechkin. If Svedberg plays like he did tonight during his next start he should be the backup to Rask. KoKo pushed around all night, everytime someone leaned on him. Didn't notice the Downing-Camper-Knight much at all. The other Merlot line got a goal!

Morrow had a bad turnover in front of the his own net but later on broke up Ovechkin with a nice play. Joe is a real good skater but doesn't use his size when tying up forwards along the boards. Smith made some good plays, assisted Kellys goal and didn't turn the puckover along the boards, didn't get man handled in the corners.

Kelly played like there were a bunch of young centers knocking on the Bruins locker room door. His ontimer goal was an absolute laser beam. Caron kept his nose around the net all night almost had a tip in. Later blew a wide open, in the slot feed by Camper. Jordan needs to bury those.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I ma not taiking about a T-shirt here Bisson...And I had to pay xtra for the sewing ....custom made ...and the 1st ever Bruins jersey with #18 and R.Smith on it !

I know, just saying that seems really expensive. What made you choose Reilly Smith?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I know, just saying that seems really expensive. What made you choose Reilly Smith?

[/QUOTE]

I think he will make the team and he will be with the team for many years ...he is talented and will impress the fans ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

dear lord i hope reilly smith changes his number

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Remi72's comment:

[QUOTE]Didn't see anything tonight. Can someone do a little review ? Who was good, who wasn't ??

The online stream didn't come on until the 2nd.

Svedberg with some great saves and a few that should make the highlights that were made on Ovechkin. If Svedberg plays like he did tonight during his next start he should be the backup to Rask. KoKo pushed around all night, everytime someone leaned on him. Didn't notice the Downing-Camper-Knight much at all. The other Merlot line got a goal!

Morrow had a bad turnover in front of the his own net but later on broke up Ovechkin with a nice play. Joe is a real good skater but doesn't use his size when tying up forwards along the baords. Smith made some good plays, assisted Kellys goal and didn't turn the puckover along the boards, didn't get man handled in the corners.

Kelly played like there were a bunch of young centers knocking on the Bruins locker room door. His ontimer goal was an absolute laser beam. Caron kept his nose around the net all night almost had a tip in. Later blew a wide open, in the slot feed by Camper. Jordan needs to bury those.

[/QUOTE]

thanks SanDog

So Smith is no18 ? Might have to transform my Horton jersey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

LOL why ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

If so I will send you the bill ....

after all we are close friends...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I think he will make the team and he will be with the team for many years ...he is talented and will impress the fans ....

Hopefully it doesn't end up in the closet next to your Bob Joyce jersey....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

[QUOTE]I think he will make the team and he will be with the team for many years ...he is talented and will impress the fans ....

Hopefully it doesn't end up in the closet next to your Bob Joyce jersey....

[/QUOTE]

Bob Joyce ???     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some ups and some downs, but the game was entertaining. Smith has speed to burn; Kelly was the only solid center; Caron looked strong, and certainly plays much better than Thornton; Hamilton looked weak and made some poor passes; Morrow  made a few mistakes, but played solid; Seidenberg was strong through most of the game, but Boychuck was mistake prone and lacked leadership; Svedberg looked solid, and should be in Boston with Tuuka; Marchand and Ericcson really missed Bergeron, so their line was not as impressive as Kreji's with Iginla. Most of the young guys are fast, but should be in Providence when the bell rings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Some ups and some downs, but the game was entertaining. Smith has speed to burn; Kelly was the only solid center; Caron looked strong, and certainly plays much better than Thornton; Hamilton looked weak and made some poor passes; Morrow  made a few mistakes, but played solid; Seidenberg was strong through most of the game, but Boychuck was mistake prone and lacked leadership; Svedberg looked solid, and should be in Boston with Tuuka; Marchand and Ericcson really missed Bergeron, so their line was not as impressive as Kreji's with Iginla. Most of the young guys are fast, but should be in Providence when the bell rings.

Thanks bogie...do you think Smith has a good chance to stay with the B's ?    Do you think Thornton should be benched in most of the games (I think he should play no more than 35 games) ...you mentionned that Morrow played solid ....is he ahead of Hamilton ??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Why did you get "R. Smith" on your jersey?  Players don't put their initial on their sweaters, and he's the only Smith on the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Smith looked fast?  I hope so. I was dissapointed with Fraser's mental and physical quickness.  The only thing quick with him was his shot release, which is world class.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Not much, he better hang the shirt back in his closet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

The Baltimore Area is the size of a Mass. high school rink, it's build for indoor soccer now(They used to have an AHL team the Skipjacks but that was 20 years ago). The players had no real room to skate because it was so small.The ice surface was toast after 5 minutes so playing 24 straight minutes on that surface was a real challange.

Kelly worked his butt off(nothing new there) and I was wondering who Castro was myself. But Svedberg stole the show and the game. Hamilton's hit happened right in front of me it looked OK ice level but I haven't seen the replay.

Bogie6's statements are pretty much right especially about the first line. Kovo was all over the place with his staking so Ericcson and Marchand were basically freelancing it all night. Nothing like the Kreji line the night before.

Sections
Shortcuts