Bruins Lineup - Sept. 26 vs Jets: NHL Network

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins Lineup - Sept. 26 vs Jets: NHL Network

The Bruins have completed practice at TD Garden and are traveling to Winnipeg this afternoon. They will play the Jets in Winnipeg tomorrow. The rematch is Friday in Saskatoon.

The Bruins’ opening night roster is most likely set. Here is the lineup from today’s practice:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jarome Iginla
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Loui Eriksson
    Carl Soderberg-Chris Kelly-Reilly Smith
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
    Matt Fraser-Matt Lindblad-Nick Johnson
    Ryan Spooner-Jordan Caron

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid
    Matt Bartkowski-Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask
    Chad Johnson
    Niklas Svedberg

* The third line, which had two openings before camp, appears locked up. Carl Soderberg and Reilly Smith will be Chris Kelly’s wings. Soderberg could see time on the No. 2 power-play unit. Smith could see some penalty-killing shifts like Rich Peverley did in previous seasons.

* Matt Bartkowski projects to be the No. 7 defenseman. Bartkowski and Torey Krug have been very good in camp. Krug’s power-play touch, however, gives him the edge over Bartkowski. Krug will be the quarterback on the No. 1 unit.

* Chad Johnson is the likely backup goalie.

* The final fight is for the spare forward position. Nick Johnson and Jordan Caron are the two likely finalists. Both would require waivers to be assigned to Providence. Matt Fraser, Matt Lindblad, and Ryan Spooner are on their entry-level deals.

"First line rushes at practice: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla, Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson, Söderberg-Kelly-Smith, Paille-Campbell-Thornton ^CS

"Coach confirmed Svedverg will be getting his game between the pipes Thursday. (Rask expected to start Friday) ^CS"

Opps thought the game was today...ahh well start yappin anyways.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Bruins Lineup - Sept. 26 vs Jets: NHL Network

Bartkowski, Spooner, Caron (could get picked up on waivers), Fraser: makes for some good trade bait that could land a very big piece.

Regulars better stay on their toes, they could be on the way out sooner or later.

This is going to be a very interesting and fruitful season. All you diehards, remember they won't win every game. Don't go disecting every shift! It gives The Don heartburn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Any chance Nick Johnson takes Reilly Smith's spot.  Smith has seemed a step behind in the two pre-season games I watched while Johnson looks like he deserves a shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My partner is less than pleased - flying out tonight for the game, and last night we had a water pipe burst, so she's going to be stuck finishing the cleanup (though I did take most of the day off to deal with it).

Oh well ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

Any chance Nick Johnson takes Reilly Smith's spot.  Smith has seemed a step behind in the two pre-season games I watched while Johnson looks like he deserves a shot.

I think after next game Caron, Linblad and Fraser will be cut ...Johnson will start the season on the 4th line with Paille and Campbell or Spooner, ST wont see much action this season...

the 3 top lines are locked in :  Looch-Krejci-Iginla.    March-Bergeron-Erickson.  Smith-Kelly-Soderberg.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Bruins have completed practice at TD Garden and are traveling to Winnipeg this afternoon. They will play the Jets in Winnipeg tomorrow. The rematch is Friday in Saskatoon.

The Bruins’ opening night roster is most likely set. Here is the lineup from today’s practice:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jarome Iginla
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Loui Eriksson
    Carl Soderberg-Chris Kelly-Reilly Smith
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
    Matt Fraser-Matt Lindblad-Nick Johnson
    Ryan Spooner-Jordan Caron

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid
    Matt Bartkowski-Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask
    Chad Johnson
    Niklas Svedberg

* The third line, which had two openings before camp, appears locked up. Carl Soderberg and Reilly Smith will be Chris Kelly’s wings. Soderberg could see time on the No. 2 power-play unit. Smith could see some penalty-killing shifts like Rich Peverley did in previous seasons.

* Matt Bartkowski projects to be the No. 7 defenseman. Bartkowski and Torey Krug have been very good in camp. Krug’s power-play touch, however, gives him the edge over Bartkowski. Krug will be the quarterback on the No. 1 unit.

* Chad Johnson is the likely backup goalie.

* The final fight is for the spare forward position. Nick Johnson and Jordan Caron are the two likely finalists. Both would require waivers to be assigned to Providence. Matt Fraser, Matt Lindblad, and Ryan Spooner are on their entry-level deals.

@NHLBruins

"First line rushes at practice: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla, Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson, Söderberg-Kelly-Smith, Paille-Campbell-Thornton ^CS

"Coach confirmed Svedverg will be getting his game between the pipes Thursday. (Rask expected to start Friday) ^CS"

Opps thought the game was today...ahh well start yappin anyways.

That's right Reilly (not Ryan) Smith Sandog :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to red75's comment:

My partner is less than pleased - flying out tonight for the game, and last night we had a water pipe burst, so she's going to be stuck finishing the cleanup (though I did take most of the day off to deal with it).

Oh well ;)

Tell her you're even now.  After all, she did made you miss a Bruins SCF game to go pick her up at the airport.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The copy of Fluto's comments in today's globe is as predictable as Fluto's less than knowledgeable predictions. Bartkowski is the best all around of the young D-men. The merlot line needs to replace Thornton with any of the strong young players like Caron, Johnson[ not so young]or Fraser. all have far more skill than Thorny. Spooner is not a 4th line player unless he fills in for Campbell. A more productive move might be Kelly if Campbell cannot does not recover for a longer time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Would not mind seeing N. Johnson take Thorntons spot make him the extra forward.

Also if Kelly does not find his game Spooner should get a shot. It is a long season its good to have depth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The copy of Fluto's comments in today's globe is as predictable as Fluto's less than knowledgeable predictions. Bartkowski is the best all around of the young D-men. The merlot line needs to replace Thornton with any of the strong young players like Caron, Johnson[ not so young]or Fraser. all have far more skill than Thorny. Spooner is not a 4th line player unless he fills in for Campbell. A more productive move might be Kelly if Campbell cannot does not recover for a longer time.

Id actually really like to see Johnson take that 4th line spot and leave Smith on the third.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Spooner and Bartkowski have enough NHL games played to have worry about waivers. Caron has enough games to be claimed. I think what Fluto is saying is Bartkoeski hasn't moved past Hamilton and PC wants Krug on the PP. Hamilton hasn't been awful.

Its a great dream to have Thornton watching games to help develop Spooner and/or Fraser.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

One things for sure, Johnson has much better hands than Thornton.  At least for scoring, if not fighting.

If they can carry 23 players (cap-wise), I'd keep Caron, Johnson and Bartowski all on the roster as spares.  I'd hate to lose them to waivers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Johnson just took an NHL pay cut to sign in Boston and is on a 2 way deal. Maybe he'd get claimed on waivers I suppose but all of the other 29 teams could've had him for a very low price just months ago. I'm not sure that a few pre-season goals has really changed the league's perception of him that much. Hey, I hope the guy is legit but I'm certainly not holding my breath. For every P.A. Parenteau or Peverley story there are hundreds of other guys who are simply career minor leaguers. They were usually playing in the Coast for a reason.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I can't see the B's putting Johnson on the 4th line. Despite having decent size he isn't very physical. No grit to his game that I see. A bad fit for the checking line. He doesn't do much other than when he has the puck in a shooting lane. Not that that is horrible but it makes him more of a 2nd or 3rd line guy and I don't think he's riding wing on either of those. He'll be in providence (unless picked up on waivers) or the press box most nights.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I can't see the B's putting Johnson on the 4th line. Despite having decent size he isn't very physical. No grit to his game that I see. A bad fit for the checking line. He doesn't do much other than when he has the puck in a shooting lane. Not that that is horrible but it makes him more of a 2nd or 3rd line guy and I don't think he's riding wing on either of those. He'll be in providence (unless picked up on waivers) or the press box most nights.

Brandon Bochenski used to fit that bill as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Projected lines for tonight vs Jets:

Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson

Fraser-Spooner-Johnson

Caron-Lindblad-Smith

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

^CS

I think we'll see a lot of lines 2 and 3.

Also:

Looks like Seidenberg, McQuaid, Bartkowksi, Hamilton, Krug and Miller will be the defensemen tonight. Svedberg in goal ^CS

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

I know Hamiltons potential is great but i believe Bartowski should be starting over Hamilton at this point in time but who am i to second guess CJ? hopefully I'm wrong! i haven't seen enough of smith but Spoons would be my choice. the kid has a great attitude and does everything right at every camp he's attended so far and has shown great explosivness and speed which is always a need but i guess three left handed shots on the same line comes with issues. as for Caron he's a great kid but has no fire and shows no agression at all. guess it's just who he is. hard to figure out.........all the other debt forwards and D men have looked fantastic!

I know sitting Thorton as the extra forward opens up more line options for the better skilled players but it isn't gonna happen. you can't have other teams taking runs at your skilled players so you need a Thorton in the line up. and he's the best in the business at filling that role. and a great leader and dedicated Bruin..........

These are all good problems

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So Fraser-Spooner-Johnson is more than likely Cassidy's 1st line in Providence. Really giving Lingbald a long look on camp. I agree Doc, lines 2 n 3 get lots of shifts Tonight. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I actually like what i have seen from Lindblad. Nothing spectacular, but some good overall play. Don't see him making the team but he hasnt hurt his cause for a call-up should a player or two go down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lindblad got into 4 games with Providence last year, and I remember noting, as I read through the game reports, that he seemed to produce whenever he was in the lineup.  He and Fallstrom seemed to click.

Curious about the lines in the OP though.  Fraser-Lindblad-Johnson with Spooner and Caron as extras? I doubt that means that Lindblad has a leg up on either of those two - but it could mean that they plan to carry Spooner and Caron to start the year.

Are you not entertained?!?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"What's it mean!?  Huh!? What!  Whatsit mean??!!"

I am officially cut off from looking at line combos.

Are you not entertained?!?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Keeping my eye on third line tonight should be interesting 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Bergeron sweet release from the rat excuse me NAS    Marchand. Lol 1-0 bruins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trouba is going to be awesome for the Jets. Hamilton looking good so far.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Bergeton line all over the jets so far.the jets take a penalty 4 on 4 Marchand a great move. Spooner out there with Krug On the 4on 4

Sections
Shortcuts