Bruins may say Jose Theodore next week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Bruins may say Jose Theodore next week

https://twitter.com/L_A_theRiver/status/369205213044813824

French article:  http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/theodore-avec-les-bruins-18082013

Intresting move if true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Bruins may say Jose Theodore next week

Good move if true, I'm much more comfortable with a guy who's been in the league.

On the negative side, more Habs trolls to deal with here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Get ready for the chant:

Jose Jose Jose Jose

So much for the perceived goaltending depth!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Get ready for the chant:

Jose Jose Jose Jose

So much for the perceived goaltending depth!

Depth is as good as the health of your number one goalie.

I was really looking forward to seeing Svedberg. I know they signed Johnson to be the back up but I figured we might have a chance of seeing Svedberg. I think the B's management looks at their roster, see a team with a legit shot and wondered what would happen if Tuuka got hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Bob Mackenzie tweeted that there is absolutely no truth to this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Bob Mackenzie tweeted that there is absolutely no truth to this.

Yup just saw that too.  Come on training camp!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

NHL.com has it on it's site now, but Meehan is saying no truth as well. Agents, don't lie.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=680435&navid=nhl:topheads

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nope, agents certainly don't lie.  Bobby Orr is an agent.  They're all saints.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What ARE U KIDDING  ME ??

Chad Johnson

2012-2013COYOTES. .954 save %

Theodore  .897 save % 

please explain ???    This would be worstnthan the Pandolfo acquisition

GPS :N 49° 0' 38.56'' E 2° 33' 38.92''       Access             Price including VAT 79.00 EUR      

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thank God hismagent says its not true ....phew !!

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bring back TT.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

For the briefest of moments, shupe, I thought "why not?"  Sure, all the Theodore stuff was bogus, but if they were looking for a veteran backup at a discount price, and if Thomas was keen enough to play that he'd take a $1M+bonuses deal?

Then I thought about that awkward moment when you realize your goalie quit on the team, so maybe you don't care if Hartnell is slashing his glove hand....

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

For the briefest of moments, shupe, I thought "why not?"  Sure, all the Theodore stuff was bogus, but if they were looking for a veteran backup at a discount price, and if Thomas was keen enough to play that he'd take a $1M+bonuses deal?

Then I thought about that awkward moment when you realize your goalie quit on the team, so maybe you don't care if Hartnell is slashing his glove hand....

Valid point.   Still dont understand why they didnt pony up the coin for khudo.  You just never know.  On a team like boston his stats will be solid.  Maybe he didnt wanna return.   Im not overly concerned about backup spot.  More concerned about 3rd line.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Valid point.   Still dont understand why they didnt pony up the coin for khudo.  You just never know.  On a team like boston his stats will be solid.  Maybe he didnt wanna return.   Im not overly concerned about backup spot.  More concerned about 3rd line.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm mystified by the Khudo thing.  He signed for so little money, I can't believe the Bruins wouldn't offer that dough for him.  So then you think that he must have wanted to leave for an opportunity with more playing time or a chance to compete for a starting job (Isles, Edm, Calgary...?)  So he signs with Carolina to be Cam Ward's back-up.  I don't get it.

Uh-oh, Stanley noticed that Johnson had a .954 save % (over 4 games, 108 total shots).  This isn't gonna go well...do I smell a teenage schoolgirl crush coming on...?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley he's faced a grand total of 119 shots in his NHL career, and let in 7 goals, not bad but take a chill pill. It's 119 shots and only 267 career minutes played and a career .929. Not anything to get remotely excited about yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Khudobin thing is a mystery.  Wish someone with access would ask why he wasn't asked back, because I can't see a reason for him to sign that team-friendly deal with Carolina so quickly.  Can't be money - the difference between Khudobin and Johnson is only $200K.  Can't be length of commitment as both signed one year deals.  Can't be opportunity as Ward has a history of playing 60+ games.  The only thing I can see is a) they want Svedberg to be the back-up, and Johnson is just there to make sure Svedberg doesn't flake out or b) Ward's recovery is not where the 'Canes wanted it to be, and they've told Khudobin that he could be the starter for a chunk of time to start the year or that Ward will only play 40 games this year as they try to ease him back.

After last year, I am unconcerned about the third line.  I think Soderberg will be a useful player - not a 30 goal guy, but a smart player who can take face-offs when needed, play a good all-around game, and do some good puck-possession stuff.  If he doesn't break down playing a full NHL schedule, I think he'll have a better year than Peverley did last year (oh, faint praise!).  And this year, I think there are more exciting options for that other wing spot than last year, when it was Bourque, Caron and then Jagr....  It's going to be one of only two interesting camp battles, the other being Hamilton, Bartkowski, Krug, Morrow for two defense openings.  And who knows, maybe Redden's in that mix?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: Khudo.  There were times when he was totally mentally unprepared to play - witness that game vs. Toronto when he simply was asleep at the wheel and a goal went in.  

There was another game where he was asleep at the switch but I can't remember the specifics.

I'm glad he wasn't asked back.  He wasn't professional.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Profressional?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Profressional?

Yah, that.  And Stanley like him.  Spelling error corrected.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Profressional?

True, he was not this: http://www.reverbnation.com/lub

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Awesome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"So he signs with Carolina to be Cam Ward's back-up.  I don't get it."

Better chance of Khudobin getting some starts in Carolina than in Boston with Ward coming off a knee injury.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

"I'm furthest thing from working right now but saw some tweets about Jose Theodore signing in BOS. Curious, I asked. Told there's zero truth."

There's that depth right there, no need to sign Josie. Svedberg should just get some starts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Stanley he's faced a grand total of 119 shots in his NHL career, and let in 7 goals, not bad but take a chill pill. It's 119 shots and only 267 career minutes played and a career .929. Not anything to get remotely excited about yet.

Red I would trust Johnson way ahead of Theodore, I would even trust Subban more....Theodore is finisihed , done , kaput , OVER.......dont we have a little pride to protect in Boston ...after Pandolfo....here comes Theodore what a f...... Joke    I wouldnt even pay him more than $50,000 ...this mobe wouldnt make sense I hope PC has more judgment than that or else ...I will soon get a call from Cam Neely...believe me 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Afrpter the PEV nightmare dont tell me I will have to go through the Theo nighmare NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

And on top ....he will be 37 next month....I should be happy he lives in my home town....but guess what ?  I am pissed off 

Sections
Shortcuts