Bruins Mid-Term Grades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bruins Mid-Term Grades

I apologize if this topic is redundant, I didn't see anything out here over the past couple of days.

Bruins record after 40 games: 28-11-1 (57 points)

The following grades are based on a balance of actual performance, as well as, expectations.

A: Chara, Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Thomas, Rask, Kelly & Peverley

B: Lucic, Krejci, Horton, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Paille & Campbell

C: Pouliot, Boychuk, Corvo, Thornton, Caron & Hamill

Inc:  Kampfer & Bartkowski

These are my grades, what say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades

I'd say you nailed it, I might give Thornton a higher grade, for no other reason than the penalty shot and how he was not afraid to pull a move like that. That showed creativity on his part, and in my class, creativity is awarded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Bruins Mid-Term Grades:
    [QUOTE]I apologize if this topic is redundant, I didn't see anything out here over the past couple of days. Bruins record after 40 games: 28-11-1 (57 points) The following grades are based on a balance of actual performance, as well as, expectations. A: Chara, Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Thomas, Rask, Kelly & Peverley B: Lucic, Krejci, Horton, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Paille & Campbell C: Pouliot, Boychuk, Corvo, Thornton, Caron & Hamill Inc:  Kampfer & Bartkowski These are my grades, what say you?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Its pretty darn good in my eyes as well.  I think Kelly has been excellent for us. I might give him an A+.  Long season.  My only hope is for health.  Thats it.  A depth fwd and dman at the deadline and bring on the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

A+ to everyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm also gonna make a play for Chara for league MVP!
    Truly and honestly.  Does any one player mean more to their team?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades:
    [QUOTE]I'm also gonna make a play for Chara for league MVP! Truly and honestly.  Does any one player mean more to their team?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I'd say you have a case. If it's truly MVP then it should be just that. If you ask me it's a toss up between Chara and Lundqvist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : I'd say you have a case. If it's truly MVP then it should be just that. If you ask me it's a toss up between Chara and Lundqvist.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Shut-UP KEL! Dam you, stole my response! Shupe; Place this man under arrest for robbery please!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Looch and Horton deserve might be more B+ or A- than B, (I factor in Horton's injury comeback and the fact that they are both at about 30 goal clips, which is all you can seriously expect of each in this era of low scoring hockey). Caron slips to D in my book because he's never done anything to force Julien to give him ice time. With Julien you really need to earn that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : Shut-UP KEL! Dam you, stole my response! Shupe; Place this man under arrest for robbery please!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike Nite!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Are the Cs for Hamill and Caron because you think they should be further along in their development Crowles ?

My reasoning is that maybe they both should be "Inc" as well because their NHL chapters aren't fully complete. With the amount of TOI they get I'm not seeing subpar play unless you are seeing something totally different than I when they are on the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Pouliot should be a B, no one thought this signing woould have an impact.  This signing has had an impact not just in scoring but he has filled injury and suspension slots.  Not bad for almost nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot should be a B, no one thought this signing woould have an impact.  This signing has had an impact not just in scoring but he has filled injury and suspension slots.  Not bad for almost nothing.
    Posted by tman0325[/QUOTE]
    I agree ........Pouliot has exceeded everybody's expectations.  As far as the rest of the grades,  I think you nailed it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

Boychuk and Corvo get Cs because the rest of the team looks so good. I would give them both Ds. Corvo is becoming more underwhelming every game. Coughs up the puck, dumps it up ice to avoid hits, and still can't find the net or get his shots through. Boychuk still guesses wrong on his pinches constantly and has returned to his Wideman-like shots at the net end of the rink-I can't call them shots on goal. Caron and Hamill should be inc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO the rankings are fair. As far as Pouliot goes, yes, he has exceeded expectations, can't get much lower than zero, but that doesn't place him in the "B " category, and Thorny's one suprise in 40+ games is only a blip.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Are the Cs for Hamill and Caron because you think they should be further along in their development Crowles ? My reasoning is that maybe they both should be "Inc" as well because their NHL chapters aren't fully complete. With the amount of TOI they get I'm not seeing subpar play unless you are seeing something totally different than I when they are on the ice.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Good question San.  Since both Caron (14) and Hamill (10) have played at least 25% of the games, I thought they deserved a grade. 

Since both have produced little, but have about met expectations, I thought "C" was a fair grade. Hard for me to elevate them to "B", felt a little unfair to bang them with a "D". I tried to stay away from the +/- on the letter grades.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : Good question San.  Since both Caron (14) and Hamill (10) have played at least 25% of the games, I thought they deserved a grade.  Since both have produced little, but have about met expectations, I thought "C" was a fair grade. Hard for me to elevate them to "B", felt a little unfair to bang them with a "D". I tried to stay away from the +/- on the letter grades. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Gotcha and yah the difference between a "B" and "C" could be the TOI not the +/-. I would hope when PC sees in March they are separated far enough from the pretenders in the northeast he will give more looks to some other Providence players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm grading on a bell curve

A+ Chara Thomas

A  Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Rask

A- Kelly & Peverley

B  Seidenberg Lucic Krejci

B- Horton, Paille, Campbell, Ference, McQuaid

C+ Pouliot, Boychuk

C Corvo Thornton Hamill Kampfer (in general did their jobs, Thorntons extra credit last couple of games wasn't enough to raise the grade).

D  Caron (because of being surpassed by Hamill on depth chart)

F  Bartkowski (only negative plus minus of the bunch)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins Mid-Term Grades : Its pretty darn good in my eyes as well.  I think Kelly has been excellent for us. I might give him an A+.  Long season.  My only hope is for health.  Thats it.  A depth fwd and dman at the deadline and bring on the playoffs.

Corvo has been a little skiddish lately IMO, some brutal turnovers.  Adding another d-man would make some sense as both a hedge for Corvo's play or potential injury.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Really guys

Boychuck a C...I am not sure which games you are watching he deserves a B

Horton a B...OMG..he has played better but he is a C at best

Siedenberg gets an A without a doubt..this one shows this grading system has to be off.

Taking into consideration the complete first half of the season and not basing it on recent or past play but the totality of the season I would agree with rest of the grades. 

If they have a better second half expect Pou and Thorton to move up to a B and Lucic and McQuaid to move to an A with Krejci close on the heals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Pouliot gets a B from me, maybe even better than that. i expected nothing out of him. Seidenberg has been a force, and Johnny Boychuk shouldn't get a grade higher than a D

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Really guys Boychuck a C...I am not sure which games you are watching he deserves a B Horton a B...OMG..he has played better but he is a C at best Siedenberg gets an A without a doubt..this one shows this grading system has to be off. Taking into consideration the complete first half of the season and not basing it on recent or past play but the totality of the season I would agree with rest of the grades.  If they have a better second half expect Pou and Thorton to move up to a B and Lucic and McQuaid to move to an A with Krejci close on the heals.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

IMO Boychuk has been Boychuk, a little inconsistent and a little light on the offensive production.

Horton is on pace for 29 goals and 60 points, B seems fair for that production.

Seidenberg has been very solid, nothing wrong with a B.  He is also 2nd to Chara in d-man PP TOI (2:49/gp) that has resulted in only 4 assists.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]I'm also gonna make a play for Chara for league MVP! Truly and honestly.  Does any one player mean more to their team?

Completely agree. I cannot imagine a player more critical to their team than Chara, not even Lundqvist.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Team as a UNIT A+++

A++ Chara Thomas Rask Bergeron Seguin  Marchand, 

A+ Peverley Top 6 forward on any team but this one, Kelly is enjoying his time on this line

A  Seidenberg Lucic Krejci Horton

A-Kelly starting to peeter off

B  Paille, Campbell, Ference, McQuaid Corvo Boychuk

C+ Pouliot 1/3 of his points last 5 games with Berg line not enough

C  Thornton (This is an A+++ for him, Any time he is not an F). He seems to be suffering from a concussion because he thinks he's Nifty Middleton of late, good on ya Thorn, keep gettin ready for the beer leagues.

D- Hamill, Caron close to fails most of their time has been on 3rd line and they are not getting it done with Pouliot totals of 59GP 10G 11A 21Pts, I'd sooner have Ryder

D Kampfer He is still here, too much depth to pass, he will drop behind Dougie and he has never played an NHL game

F  Bartkowski

Coaching staff get the A+, lots of things could be tuned up.
    The game plan gets the A+++, still hate CJ's use of players at times. 4th line with Thorn after TV timeouts that leads to an icing and extended play by this line is just one of the things that drives me cracked.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : Completely agree. I cannot imagine a player more critical to their team than Chara, not even Lundqvist.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Sox, us goalie unionmembers are putting you on paid leave!!! LOL, But seriously, I can see why you waould say that but I must say, I've watched a ton of Ranger games, maybe missed two or three and he not only has been brilliant, but he's been stellar at the most crucial of times...Alot of 1 goal games for them..Shea Weber would get an honorable mention from me.

Sections
Shortcuts