Bruins Mid-Term Grades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades

Ya, I'd give Pouliot either a B- or a C+, probably lean towards a B-, but otherwise, no complaints.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : Great minds think alike Nite!!
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    You guys do too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I have been patient regarding Corvo. To be fair, I wanted half a season to evaluate his game as he settles into a new system. I am left wanting. I do not like his game. I am very happy he is a UFA after this season. Include him in a trade or bye, bye after it is over. Nothing like shooting the puck at the goalie when there is no traffic in front of the net...easy save each time. I don't know, it just seeems most of the time if there are issues in either the offensive zone or defensive zone, he is involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Bruins Mid-Term Grades:
    [QUOTE]I apologize if this topic is redundant, I didn't see anything out here over the past couple of days. Bruins record after 40 games: 28-11-1 (57 points) The following grades are based on a balance of actual performance, as well as, expectations. A: Chara, Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Thomas, Rask, Kelly & Peverley B: Lucic, Krejci, Horton, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Paille & Campbell C: Pouliot, Boychuk, Corvo, Thornton, Caron & Hamill Inc:  Kampfer & Bartkowski These are my grades, what say you?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

A = Great

B = Good

C = Fine

If this is what your grades me, I agree with every one of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins Mid-Term Grades : A = Great B = Good C = Fine If this is what your grades me, I agree with every one of them.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Thornton is graded as a C = You are fine with that = Halleluiah for the rest of us

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : Thornton is graded as a C = You are fine with that = Halleluiah for the rest of us
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been clowing it up much at all this season.  Very few hockey games have been stopped so he could play fight with one of his buddies.

I'm fine with that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : He hasn't been clowing it up much at all this season.  Very few hockey games have been stopped so he could play fight with one of his buddies. I'm fine with that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He has the same number of fights (10) at this point of the season as last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : He has the same number of fights (10) at this point of the season as last year.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Man, you just spend so much time trying to call me out or embarrass me or make me look back.

ONCE AGAIN, your efforts have gone for naught.  Where did I say anything about his number of fights? 

The closer I look at your posts, I wonder how many Bruins games you actually watch.  Do you ever watch professionals play, or do you spend all of your time watching little kids play?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And here we go.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I think what is important for mid term grade is not look at one individual part of the first have the season and look at the totality. Keep that in mind. 

Example: Horton may be on way to 29 goals BUT he has had a horrilby slow start and unlike Krejci he is scoring unimportant goals and making plays when it he should be not when we NEED him too. Krejci has really put together his game but also had a slow start. Thorton is playing great right now but I do not grade him becuase of his impact as of late does not overshadow his apparent slow start. Seidenberg has been top notch all season and is an A player in anyones grading system. Boychuk was carrying hits early and trying to revive the sluggish start. His plus minus is astonishing and to not give him a B is a travesty. 

The rest of the team is easy to grade. Except for Adam Mcquaid who has been tremendous in his sophmore year and goes under the wire game in and game out. 

And since I am feeling a bit lazy and not sure where the greatest impact to say this is...Bergeron not getting an Allstart bid is simply another reason to Boycott the Allstar game end of story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

WIth all due respect and I hate getting in the middle of this but I feel Thorton brings a lot to this team and even though would grade at a C he deserves a lot of credit for firing up this team when they are lack luster.

In Chowda defense with mad respect Chowda Thorton stirs it up when he needs to and that is what is the most important thing. He defends when needed and is appropriate and for that give the guy a break.

IN NAS defense who I respect although we differ in opinion many times I think his fighting is important but his fights have been a bit lack luster and pretty much staged which takes an edge away from them that once was there but at least he has the smarts to do so that he does not cost the team at critical times in the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I think what is important for mid term grade is not look at one individual part of the first have the season and look at the totality. Keep that in mind.  Example: Horton may be on way to 29 goals BUT he has had a horrilby slow start and unlike Krejci he is scoring unimportant goals and making plays when it he should be not when we NEED him too. Krejci has really put together his game but also had a slow start. Thorton is playing great right now but I do not grade him becuase of his impact as of late does not overshadow his apparent slow start. Seidenberg has been top notch all season and is an A player in anyones grading system. Boychuk was carrying hits early and trying to revive the sluggish start. His plus minus is astonishing and to not give him a B is a travesty.  The rest of the team is easy to grade. Except for Adam Mcquaid who has been tremendous in his sophmore year and goes under the wire game in and game out.  And since I am feeling a bit lazy and not sure where the greatest impact to say this is...Bergeron not getting an Allstart bid is simply another reason to Boycott the Allstar game end of story.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Fair point about Horton's slow start, but seems a little nit-picky to criticize the quality of his goals. He has 14, and is on pace for 28.  A "B" is a fair grade to me.

Seidenberg is not an "A" in anyone's grading system, as I gave him a "B".

Boychuk is every bit as inconsistent in both ends as he has always been.  When Boychuk is good he plays like an "A", when he is off he plays like a "D".  "C" seems like a fair representation of his overall play.

Looks like we will just have to agree to disagree on these three grades.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mid-Term Grades : Fair point about Horton's slow start, but seems a little nit-picky to criticize the quality of his goals. He has 14, and is on pace for 28.  A "B" is a fair grade to me. Seidenberg is not an "A" in anyone's grading system, as I gave him a "B". Boychuk is every bit as inconsistent in both ends as he has always been.  When Boychuk is good he plays like an "A", when he is off he plays like a "D".  "C" seems like a fair representation of his overall play. Looks like we will just have to agree to disagree on these three grades.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Stay at home defenesman don't make a lot of money and they don't have a lot of offense.  They are grunts who have their best games go unnoticed.  Their best games are "fine".  Earning a "C" is right in my book.

Yeah, Horton had a slow start.  It took YEARS for Bergeron to return to normal.  Savard never did.  Horton might not be 100% until next season.  For now, all things condisered, I think he's playing well.

Boychuk is doing what would be expected of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I agree NAS we should not have unrealistic expectations of Horton's play and he is doing what we need. But based upon your evaluation of the grading system would you consider what he is doing regardless fine or good? I am aksing? Would effect his grade regradless of what he is over coming which I am a big advocate to give him time considering the hit he took.

Crowls opinions just like belly buttons everyone has one. I agree. We see Boychuk differently but since we don't disagree about too much think we can share a beer at a game sometime...LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think this is the best Bruins team I've ever watched (better than last year!) Individual grades are pointless on this team. As a group, they are top 3 in most categories. They are an A+

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

As the role of 'team enforcer' Thornton gets an A! Who would you take over him? Who is a leader and can score as well as fight the toughest guys, AND justify his actions to Vancouver media??

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]As the role of 'team enforcer' Thornton gets an A! Who would you take over him? Who is a leader and can score as well as fight the toughest guys, AND justify his actions to Vancouver media??
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

I think players were being graded on being hockey players. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]As the role of 'team enforcer' Thornton gets an A! Who would you take over him? Who is a leader and can score as well as fight the toughest guys, AND justify his actions to Vancouver media??
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Its January 15th, ST has played in 41 games and has 4 goals 4 assists.  2 pts a month isnt really scoring.  I think his play this year is actually better than last years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

When the "team" is doing well the grading system will be "inflationary".  Chara has been the best, Bergeron a close second, the rest as mentioned are pretty much in line with the team play except...... Thornton.  He is a "C" at best as a hockey player.  If he did not take Burrows agitation of Paille so egregiously last Satruday the Bs would have won that game imo.  Crowls explanation of Boychukles is dead on.  BTW is it me or is Thomas' game a bit off lately?

Sections
Shortcuts