Bruins MISS Savard!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Bruins MISS Savard!!!!!

It's really all kind of simple why the Boston offense has struggled so much in the playoffs so far. If Savard was healthy you'd have every center move down a line where they belong. The Bruins are one very good center away from contending this year. I'd love a Lucic Savard Horton 1st line. Then you could move Krejci down to the 2nd line where he belongs and imagine having Bergeron as your 3rd line center.He could be the best 3rd line center in the NHL. Then if I was Claude-thank god I'm not-I'd have a Seguin center a 4th line with Campbell and Thorton 4th line and always sitting Ryder and Paille. The reason I'd play Seguin would be soley for the power play which is another area the Bruins miss Savard.I really think it's this easy to detect why the Bruins quite possibly won't make it out of the 1st round this year. They are missing that 1 elite centerman and now are forcing a pretty good center in Krejci into a role that is too big for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Bruins MISS Savard!!!!!

I agree with this post 99.9 % the remaining .1% is because i just blew wind and my thoughts were not clear LOL. I been thinking about Savy all season especially his PP skills and knowledge. We picked Kelly at the trade time but the Bruins mngt. should of snag Arnott. The Savard situation will haunt us next season unless a fortunate cure for Savy happens. I will also yell it out we MISS SAVY... !!!!!!!Yell

Good therapy yelling and blowing wind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k11. Show bstn2k11's posts

They miss him especially on the PP.  He was fantastic along the half wall. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

yeah i miss seeing savvy along the half wall, nailing chara, breaking in from the point, tape to tape

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

It's obvious the B's miss Savard.  But, Krejci did it last year with an aging Miro.  So, I don't think it's his ability to elevate.

It might be the type of forwards he's paired with.  Miro was very quick and crafty down low.  It's possible Krejci excels with that kind of player, much like Savy does with speed guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Of course he is missed but the Habs are mising their best player also. I hope Savvy returns to form next year, but I'm guessing he will retire but the big question is when. Will he decide in time for the b's to put his salary towards a player. I don't thinks so, I think he'll wait until at least reaining camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins MISS Savard!!!!!:
    I agree with this post 99.9 % the remaining .1% is because i just blew wind and my thoughts were not clear LOL. I been thinking about Savy all season especially his PP skills and knowledge. We picked Kelly at the trade time but the Bruins mngt. should of snag Arnott. The Savard situation will haunt us next season unless a fortunate cure for Savy happens. I will also yell it out we MISS SAVY... !!!!!!! Good therapy yelling and blowing wind.
    Posted by boborielly224

your a sicko

and in response to the thread....duh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I do agree about the effect missing Savard has on the other Centers. In 2 years Seguin will be ready to assume the #1, but right now, we do not have a #1 center, hence why I was so big on trying to get Richards. I doubt it could have happened, but we do not have the # 1. 

I think Bergeron is as good if not better than Arnott. Arnott isn't a #1, and that is what we are missing. 

We'll get past Montreal, and Pittsburgh, but Washinton will be tough without the necessary scoring that Savard would bring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Bruins MISS Savard!!!!!:
    It's really all kind of simple why the Boston offense has struggled so much in the playoffs so far. If Savard was healthy you'd have every center move down a line where they belong. The Bruins are one very good center away from contending this year. I'd love a Lucic Savard Horton 1st line. Then you could move Krejci down to the 2nd line where he belongs and imagine having Bergeron as your 3rd line center.He could be the best 3rd line center in the NHL. Then if I was Claude-thank god I'm not-I'd have a Seguin center a 4th line with Campbell and Thorton 4th line and always sitting Ryder and Paille. The reason I'd play Seguin would be soley for the power play which is another area the Bruins miss Savard.I really think it's this easy to detect why the Bruins quite possibly won't make it out of the 1st round this year. They are missing that 1 elite centerman and now are forcing a pretty good center in Krejci into a role that is too big for him.
    Posted by rickrand3

Yes Mr. Obvious, the Bruins miss Savard.  But we have to make the best of it by urging the Bruins to ride as many heads into the dasher as is humanly possible.  The Bruins are far more physcial than the Canadians and the time is now for Boston to impose its will on Montreal.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

with that being said Claude should play Bergeron about 4-5 more minutes a game.He's the B's best all-around center.I can't for the life of me understand why Bergeron only played 16 minutes in game 2?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Krej and Berg both played 17mins, they both took a penalty, Camp, Kelly, Pev and March got extra time on PK to rest them for more 5-5 time and they each got 3mins PP time.

Krej needs to smarten up and stay out of the box, yes they were feeble calls, but keep your stick on the ice, his 1 handed stick checks are felling the habnots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

+1

Hockey misses Savvy, as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I do agree about the effect missing Savard has on the other Centers. In 2 years Seguin will be ready to assume the #1, but right now, we do not have a #1 center, hence why I was so big on trying to get Richards. I doubt it could have happened, but we do not have the # 1.  I think Bergeron is as good if not better than Arnott. Arnott isn't a #1, and that is what we are missing.  We'll get past Montreal, and Pittsburgh, but Washinton will be tough without the necessary scoring that Savard would bring.
    Posted by perrysound

It was a great situation, Savard leading, Seguin learning, ready to assume the role of #1 center just as Savard was fading.   As much as Savard's playmaking is being missed, not having Seguin witness his skills and vision is going to hurt his development.  Savy could have taught him so much. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I thought Savard was kind of overrated myself. That being said I do miss him on the powerplay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I do agree about the effect missing Savard has on the other Centers. In 2 years Seguin will be ready to assume the #1, but right now, we do not have a #1 center, hence why I was so big on trying to get Richards. I doubt it could have happened, but we do not have the # 1.  I think Bergeron is as good if not better than Arnott. Arnott isn't a #1, and that is what we are missing.  We'll get past Montreal, and Pittsburgh, but Washinton will be tough without the necessary scoring that Savard would bring.
    Posted by perrysound

Hi PerrySound.  I'm going to be near you for a basketball tournament (I coach).  Love your part of the country.

Question:  You mention that within 2 years Seguin will be ready to assume the #1 center role.  What do you base that on?  I can see that being an optimistic view based on the fact he was drafted #2 overall, but it's quite possible he continues as a winger instead of center.

Sections
Shortcuts