1. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Bruins Mt. Rushmore

how about a Mt. Rushmore of d-men....

#4, Park, Bourque, & Chara....

p.s....never saw Shore play....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Mt. Rushmore:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mt. Rushmore : Obnoxious comments to be sure but there's no getting around the fact that he was a spectacular player for the B's in his hey-day and you could argue they don't win those Cups in '70/'72 w/out him. as important as Orr or Bucyk or Cheevers? No way. But his offensive numbers were astonishing and he was a scoring machine. He was helped immensely by the grinding wingers who did a lot of the hard work for him, but he was an essential element of the Big Bad B's of the early '70's. I don't have him on my farther back than 25-year Rushmore, however. Schmidt, Shore, Orr and Tiny Thompson beat him out for sure.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

TTBI, i beg to differ but after #4, Espo was the next biggest reason the B'S were the juggernaut they were in the early 70's....  yes Cash & Hodge did the dirty work in the corners but Espo took the pounding in front of the net....

i only noticed how great Espo really was after the series he had against the Russians in '72....

yes everyone remembers Paul Henderson's game winners but Espo was Canada's driving force....

Espo would easily be on my Mt. Rushmore of all-time B'S....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Wensink, Jonathan, O'Reilly, Secord

Mt. Punchmore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Mt. Rushmore:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Mt. Rushmore : TTBI, i beg to differ but after #4, Espo was the next biggest reason the B'S were the juggernaut they were in the early 70's....  yes Cash & Hodge did the dirty work in the corners but Espo took the pounding in front of the net.... i only noticed how great Espo really was after the series he had against the Russians in '72.... yes everyone remembers Paul Henderson's game winners but Espo was Canada's driving force.... Espo would easily be on my Mt. Rushmore of all-time B'S....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

yes, I don't want to downplay his importance to the 70s B's...that's why i said it's like;y they don't win those 2 cups w/out him, and he was outstanding v. the Russians (but Team Canada probably doesn't win that series w/out Clarke's filthy hack job on the Russian's best forward.)

I just think guys like Hodge and Cashman and Westfall and  Marcotte get overlooked whenever anyone talks about the early 70's B's.  Espo did take a pounding in the slot to score those goals--he was a great great player.

(But he is also out of line w/those comments about Boston. Maybe he forgets how choked up he got when Bourque rtired his #7--or maybe he was just faking all that emotion...either way, he should talk about those times in Boston in glowing terms and not focus on the trade that sended him to NY. Better players than him have been traded (Orr chief among them) and #4 had no problem beung honored on Orr Night in these playoffs....that was classic class from the classiest Bruin of all time.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Neely

Bourque

Bergeron

Thomas

and maybe even Claude Julien!? Yikes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I suggest we call BadHab's list Mt. Flushmore.

Nifty only squeezes in under the bar - two seasons, and only one close to the real Nifty.

Hard not to put Bergeron on all but the all-time Mt.  All he's done is become the soul of the post-lockout franchise.  Oates was a better player (better O, comparable in all other aspects), Allison was a better blueline in player, Thornton has proven to be a better offensive player, but in his Bruin career, he only topped Bergeron's career high of 73 pts. once.  For role, for longevity with the team, for an immaculate record of conduct, for scoring the game winner in game 7 (and the nail short-handed), for winning a gold medal (which isn't a direct Bruin achievement, but still...) - I'd want him there.

Ditch Bourque or Neely for him, no.  Hard to punt either Thomas or Chara, too - Cup glow doesn't wash off so easily.  F-it.  My mountain, I put up five.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Sometimes I forget just how important it was for Chara (and Savard, for that matter) to sign with Boston back for the '06-'07 season. Even without the obvious on-ice benefits, it signaled a fresh direction coming off a lockout and the Joe Thornton years.

Past 25:
    Bourque-Chara-Neely-Thomas

All-time:
    Orr, Bourque, Bucyk, Espo (comments didn't really bother me, and can't argue with 1,000+ pts in 625 games).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

OK, here's my take.  if it doesn't have Orr I don't want to play.  Second, I have a hard time comparing pre and post expansion NHL.  So different and I have nothing to base it on except what others tell me verbally or written.  So with apologies to Mr.'s Shore and Schmidt, and to all others that I don't know enough about, here's my Rushmore.

Orr
    Bourque
    Neely
    Cherry

Yes Cherry.  Like Neely, he symbolizes Bruins in many ways. 

Sections
Shortcuts