Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal

Even if they must lose the last couple of games to avoid them, B's can't afford to play Montreal round 1. All the trades (bad as they were) would be for naught with a 1 and done playoff. However, if they do end up against Montreal, I would start Khudobin instead of Thomas or Rask. Montreal clearly has TT and Tuuka's numbers, and an unknown quantity who might steal game 1 would rattle the Habs a bit.

Also, the Dman the B's should have gotten from Toronto, Phaneuf, had 2 goals and an assist last night. Hope Kaberle watches some tape of his old teammate. The guy's a horse

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal

Yes, lets start a rookie goalie in the playoffs instead of Thomas...great idea

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

literally every word of what you just said was beyond stupid

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

In Response to Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal:
    [QUOTE]Even if they must lose the last couple of games to avoid them, B's can't afford to play Montreal round 1. All the trades (bad as they were) would be for naught with a 1 and done playoff. However, if they do end up against Montreal, I would start Khudobin instead of Thomas or Rask. Montreal clearly has TT and Tuuka's numbers, and an unknown quantity who might steal game 1 would rattle the Habs a bit. Also, the Dman the B's should have gotten from Toronto, Phaneuf, had 2 goals and an assist last night. Hope Kaberle watches some tape of his old teammate. The guy's a horse
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Respectfully disagree - bring on the Habs, the curse is long ago broken, and the ghosts of the Forum arent as prevalent anymore....I dnt mind this matchup regardless of what the season series says.  Thomas (IMHO) has earned the right to start Game 1 after his work this season and you cant take that away from the man (and I'm a proponent of Tuukka).  The idea of starting Khudobin when you have a TT/Tuuka one-two punch is....ballsy?  insane?  improbable?  Insert a word of your choice here.

The first round matchup I would NOT like to draw would be the Devils (if they get to the dance, 17-2-1 in their last 20, Lemaire has turned this team around and they'll be dangerous if they make it in.

WRT to Phaneuf, I'm not a fan of him or his game, he's also wayyyy over-priced, and there's no way he would have fit under the cap w/o moving out significant salary.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

People said the same thing when an unknown by the name of dryden started against Boston. But the Dauber cannot understand this unfortunately.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

If Thomas plays well, they will be fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'd like to thank the nitwits for staying away from this board yesterday...was it coincidental that the Scabs lost Tuesday night, and the knuckleheads took the day off yesterday?  Anyways, welcome back.  We know how it bothers you to be second fiddle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

OrrEspo, I dont know why you are so afraid of a B's v Habs 1st round matchup.  All the canadiens have is Price, Plekanec and a prayer.  They're small, not built for playoff hockey and they are also not healthy, with several key injuries to key personnel.  Bring 'em on.  Bring ANYbody on...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

If Bruins are gonna win the cup I think its got to be through the Habs at some point ... Red Sox had to go through the yankees when they finally won! Anyways GO Bs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

the yanks were good, the habs are not. orrespocash, i get it, your a troll and all that, but you have to be a little more intelligent with your posts if you want to get a rise out of people

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

The Bruins can't worry about matchups.  They need to focus on playing great hockey and getting on a roll.  The rest will take care of itself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

why avoid them last visit to boston we dropped them with an 8 spot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal:
    [QUOTE]People said the same thing when an unknown by the name of dryden started against Boston. But the Dauber cannot understand this unfortunately.
    what people understand is that the series won't be played in a time machine.Recchi is the only guy on the team that was born during Dryden's era.How is any of what you say still relevant?Last time I noticed you on the forum you were patting yourself on the back as you "taught the younguns" about hockey.How about you brush up on hockey in the new millennium before trying to tell others how the game worked when you were a young boy.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal : what people understand is that the series won't be played in a time machine.Recchi is the only guy on the team that was born during Dryden's era.How is any of what you say still relevant?Last time I noticed you on the forum you were patting yourself on the back as you "taught the younguns" about hockey.How about you brush up on hockey in the new millennium before trying to tell others how the game worked when you were a young boy.....
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Dez, have you not noticed that there are a select few on this board that are clearly on a higher plane of intelligence. We just can't compare when it comes to thought process.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal : Dez, have you not noticed that there are a select few on this board that are clearly on a higher plane of intelligence. We just can't compare when it comes to thought process.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

This whole thread makes my head want to explode. I think dauber got it right. Not like I even read your posts anyways Callo so w/e.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

i'd rather see the b's capture the 2nd seed and avoid the habs in the 1st round (5 pts behind caps but 3 games in hand).  outside the 8-6 blood letting, it's been all habs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]i'd rather see the b's capture the 2nd seed and avoid the habs in the 1st round (5 pts behind caps but 3 games in hand).  outside the 8-6 blood letting, it's been all habs. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]
    How did the Habs make out the last time we saw a Bruins/Habs series?I'll give you a hint.One team didn't win a game.Guess who?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal : Dez, have you not noticed that there are a select few on this board that are clearly on a higher plane of intelligence. We just can't compare when it comes to thought process.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    I hope I'm never going to be smart enough to understand OrrEspo's thought process.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal : This whole thread makes my head want to explode. I think dauber got it right. Not like I even read your posts anyways Callo so w/e.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I agree with Dauber as well. I'm sick and tired of the posters who think they know all so whenever there is a differencing opinion they attack the poster. Because, you know, that clearly makes them right. I don't read your posts either so w/e. Glad you got what/who I am talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Can you imagine the level of troll infestation in this forum should they meet in light of recent events?  It would be a whole new standard of insanity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal:
    [QUOTE]Even if they must lose the last couple of games to avoid them, B's can't afford to play Montreal round 1. All the trades (bad as they were) would be for naught with a 1 and done playoff. However, if they do end up against Montreal, I would start Khudobin instead of Thomas or Rask. Montreal clearly has TT and Tuuka's numbers, and an unknown quantity who might steal game 1 would rattle the Habs a bit. Also, the Dman the B's should have gotten from Toronto, Phaneuf, had 2 goals and an assist last night. Hope Kaberle watches some tape of his old teammate. The guy's a horse

What kind of Bruin fan are you?
    Are you sure  you're not a closet Maple Loaf lover?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins must avoid first round against Montreal : I hope I'm never going to be smart enough to understand OrrEspo's thought process.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Same here, if I'm ever on his level I will question my existence.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Are you crazy? This would be an unbelievable match-up.  Both of these cities would be crazy for two weeks. Especially Montreal, where they most likely will burn down parts of the city in celebration or loss.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Can you imagine the level of troll infestation in this forum should they meet in light of recent events?  It would be a whole new standard of insanity.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I welcome the match-up.Play-off hockey isn't the same without a Boston/Montreal series and my recent memories of them playing are happy ones.

Sections
Shortcuts